• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

I will say I don't think players are judged equally. As bad as Xhaka has been at times other players get away with a lot of bad performances but get cut so much slack. No one was mad at Koscielny when he was costing us big game after big game.

If the team is as bad as it's been we need to spread the blame instead of finding any statistic to make it look like it's not popular players' fault. It's never only one persons fault.

Xhaka has been easily the worst performer of the season.

Other players get a lot of stick too. Most players at the club have been under performing.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Many players liked Xhaka's explanation post on instagram except all french contingent. Trouble brewing ?
Even the other-way if these legit? :lol:

Cliques & a bit of dislike among the squad never a bad thing though. Hate the holiday camp vibe while utterly collapsing. Not there to be friends.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I will say I don't think players are judged equally. As bad as Xhaka has been at times other players get away with a lot of bad performances but get cut so much slack. No one was mad at Koscielny when he was costing us big game after big game.

If the team is as bad as it's been we need to spread the blame instead of finding any statistic to make it look like it's not popular players' fault. It's never only one persons fault.

Ofcourse they’re not because they don’t have equal track records. Koscielny had a run of brilliance with Mertesacker for a year before injuries and a decline in form.

Xhaka has never accomplished anything like those heights here.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Even the other-way if these legit? :lol:

Cliques & a bit of dislike among the squad never a bad thing though. Hate the holiday camp vibe while utterly collapsing. Not there to be friends.

Is it really them thou?

Some pr intern just clicking like in everything with Arsenal and their name in it?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Shambolic that the club hasn't disciplined any players on social media backing any Arsenal content that hasn't come from the club directly. I believe that is another small factor in the current unrest.

In regards to Granit, he must be sold in January and never step foot in an Arsenal shirt again. I think it's best for all parties included. Is the abuse warranted or fair? No, but he's a professional and conducted himself otherwise.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm still baffled that we let Santi go thinking he's done and the guy has been killing it over the last year in La Liga. :facepalm:

Think he needed a less physical league at this stage of his career, haven’t replaced him in midfield though, such a quality playmaker.

Last edited:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Think he needed a less physical league at this stage of his career, haven’t replaced him in midfield though, such s quality playmaker.
Yeah, I was thinking of that, but he still could have continued here if he was brought back gradually.
Our decline started after he got seriously injured and the midfield hasn't connected since then. For someone of small stature he was immense for us and one of the most technically gifted players I've ever had the pleasure of watching every week.
His dribbling in tight spaces was second to none. Only guy I've seen doing similar sorcery was Iniesta.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I'm kinda sick of this whole thing by now but I'll post this here anyways.

It goes both ways though no?

You also don’t get millions of customers spending a quarter of their salary at your shop and hero worshipping you for hitting your targets.

Manberg

Predator
It goes both ways though no?

You also don’t get millions of customers spending a quarter of their salary at your shop and hero worshipping you for hitting your targets.

Money doesn't make them any less human. In fact, it makes it harder, being in the spotlight under all that scrutiny. The average David would only get scrutinised by his neighbour.

Jack Russell

Nobody makes you.
Nobody forces them into the spotlight either. Did they think they’d be getting 100k + a week to play in front of some family, friends, few dogs and with no journalists or photographers around?

The ‘nobody makes you’ argument is something you’d expect from an 85 year old gardener who’s only involvement in sport was weeding a bowling green. Yer da stuff at best.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Nobody forces them into the spotlight either. Did they think they’d be getting 100k + a week to play in front of some family, friends, few dogs and with no journalists or photographers around?

The ‘nobody makes you’ argument is something you’d expect from an 85 year old gardener who’s only involvement in sport was weeding a bowling green. Yer da stuff at best.

They started playing as kids, they weren't in a position to consider the pros/cons of being famous.. they then become successful at doing what they love.. for that they deserve abuse just because they earn a lot of money?

And you're the one talking about Yer Da stuff? Seriously?:lol: :lol::lol:

Jack Russell

They started playing as kids, they weren't in a position to consider the pros/cons of being famous.. they then become successful at doing what they love.. for that they deserve abuse just because they earn a lot of money?

And you're the one talking about Yer Da stuff? Seriously?:lol: :lol::lol:
You’re just being dishonest now. Theyre old enough to understand NOW, which is all that matters.

Same can be said of kids who got into football and ended up loving the game, ending up fans. It always works both ways, which is why the ‘nobody makes them’ argument is backward, lazy and lacking any sense of reality.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
You’re just being dishonest now. Theyre old enough to understand NOW, which is all that matters.

Same can be said of kids who got into football and ended up loving the game, ending up fans. It always works both ways, which is why the ‘nobody makes them’ argument is backward, lazy and lacking any sense of reality.

So they should just stop doing what they love to do because Yer Da's like yourself are mad at them for making a living and more out of it?

Jack Russell

Can’t remember such a palaver over a player of his quality anyway. Hopefully he gets discouraged some more, takes the hint and leaves. I hope he gets booed some more after that insulting statement, but the sad thing is those terrible terrible people who booed him won’t even be bothered next time. They’ll forget it while he carries on trying to impersonate a footballer and telling people he’s a leader because he’s good at holding house keys or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom