• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

The abuse of Xhaka was disgraceful. If Arsenal supporters don't improve their attitude very soon they'll find themselves to be widley acknowledged as the worst, most unlikeable supporters in the Premier League.

Jack Russell

The abuse of Xhaka was disgraceful. If Arsenal supporters don't improve their attitude very soon they'll find themselves to be widley acknowledged as the worst, most unlikeable supporters in the Premier League.
This is hilarious. Truly. Point me in the direction of the ‘most popular fans in the league’ chart, compiled by all the lovely, wholesome, morally superior, hypocritical, sanctimonious wankstains that make up the vast majority of the football fan population on earth, so I can take a nice steaming hot slash all over it. Hells bells... Really? :lol:

Jack Russell

They don’t have a lucky star. They worked hard every day to get there and deserve it. That jealous people like you think they deserve online abuse because they make money is disgusting and one of the big problems of today’s game.
Thank their lucky stars they are physically able, is what I’m getting at for crying out loud. I’m not suggesting they fluked a football career, even if it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of fantasy in the case of this footballer.

Who says I think they deserve online abuse ffs? This thread is s magnet for people with voices in their head :lol:

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
We are better off selling both torreira and xhaka, not suited to pl. Need someone like fernandinho or ndidi

roz

Fake News Merchant
Boo hoo.
Going against the tide here but Xhaka needs to man the **** up. Some nasty disgusting **** got said by some weirdo losers on social media?
So what?! **** em’ probably weren’t even Arsenal fans anyway. You dont have to use social media if it “gets you down maaan”. Just delete it or ignore it if it bothers you. Dont see what any of it really has to do with that moment in the game anyways. Yeah fans were booing? Man up! Do something about it. This is supposed to be the arsenal captain here...

Could you ever imagine Tony Adams getting butthurt like that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Boo hoo.
Going against the tide here but Xhaka needs to man the **** up. Some nasty disgusting **** got said by some weirdo losers on social media?
So what?! **** em’ probably weren’t even Arsenal fans anyway. You dont have to use social media if it “gets you down maaan”. Just delete it or ignore it if it bothers you. Dont see what any of it really has to do with that moment in the game anyways. Yeah fans were booing? Man up! Do something about it. This is supposed to be the arsenal captain here...

Could you ever imagine Tony Adams getting butthurt like that.

Tony Adams had his own way of dealing with the stress that comes with being a football and it wasn't great.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People still cannot get their head around the fact that Xhaka's reaction was a result of an accumulation of things. It's bad enough that football is stressful with loads of pressure but he's had to deal with abuse to his family, wife, newborn on social media as well as being constantly scapegoated, jeered on numerous occasions and it all just boiled over last weekend. It was the straw that broke the camels back. He was probably bottling everything up for long that it just exploded in him and for that moment he completely lost it.

But now we've people going "oh well he should have just manned up and got on with it". People have manned up and got on with things while dealing with stress and dark thoughts and it hasn't ended well. People have acted like nothings wrong and not given a hint to anyone that they were struggling until one day it all comes out in the worst possible way. Maybe ask Gary Speed's widow if she was happy that Gary just got on with things and manned up instead of opening up because he knew just like we all know, as evidence in this forum that even now men aren't allowed to open up. They're expect to just take abuse, deal with stress, man up and get on with things regardless of how they're feeling or coping. Maybe it will take another Gary Speed or Enke moment for people to think to themselves "hold on maybe we better start taking footballers mental well being seriously here".

Look we all get passionate about football, but for me a footballers physical and mental well being is the most important thing. **** the results, it's not actually important. Maybe it's about time we started looking at footballers as human beings and just because they're well paid it doesn't mean they're bullet proof, it doesn't mean that stress doesn't get to them, it doesn't mean that they can't get emotional just because they earn a lot of money. I've seen countless examples over the last few years of how money means nothing if you're struggling mentally. Chris Cornell, Avicci, Chester Bennington, Robin Williams. All of those people having a lot of money didn't prevent them from going over the edge.

Like people need to seriously just give it a rest with this whole macho man up BS. It's absolute nonsense and I don't believe people actually believe it, they're just putting on a front thinking it's how they should behave.

What I will say it's getting more and more obvious that most of the abuse comes from people who're envious of footballers or are deeply unhappy with their own lives. Sometimes a mixture of both.

Balboa

People still cannot get their head around the fact that Xhaka's reaction was a result of an accumulation of things. It's bad enough that football is stressful with loads of pressure but he's had to deal with abuse to his family, wife, newborn on social media as well as being constantly scapegoated, jeered on numerous occasions and it all just boiled over last weekend. It was the straw that broke the camels back. He was probably bottling everything up for long that it just exploded in him and for that moment he completely lost it.

But now we've people going "oh well he should have just manned up and got on with it". People have manned up and got on with things while dealing with stress and dark thoughts and it hasn't ended well. People have acted like nothings wrong and not given a hint to anyone that they were struggling until one day it all comes out in the worst possible way. Maybe ask Gary Speed's widow if she was happy that Gary just got on with things and manned up instead of opening up because he knew just like we all know, as evidence in this forum that even now men aren't allowed to open up. They're expect to just take abuse, deal with stress, man up and get on with things regardless of how they're feeling or coping. Maybe it will take another Gary Speed or Enke moment for people to think to themselves "hold on maybe we better start taking footballers mental well being seriously here".

Look we all get passionate about football, but for me a footballers physical and mental well being is the most important thing. **** the results, it's not actually important. Maybe it's about time we started looking at footballers as human beings and just because they're well paid it doesn't mean they're bullet proof, it doesn't mean that stress doesn't get to them, it doesn't mean that they can't get emotional just because they earn a lot of money. I've seen countless examples over the last few years of how money means nothing if you're struggling mentally. Chris Cornell, Avicci, Chester Bennington, Robin Williams. All of those people having a lot of money didn't prevent them from going over the edge.

Like people need to seriously just give it a rest with this whole macho man up BS. It's absolute nonsense and I don't believe people actually believe it, they're just putting on a front thinking it's how they should behave.

What I will say it's getting more and more obvious that most of the abuse comes from people who're envious of footballers or are deeply unhappy with their own lives. Sometimes a mixture of both.

Absolutely. This should not be a one way street. Fans are so keen for players to take responsibility. When will the supporters of Arsenal stand up and collectively take responsibility for the toxic atmosphere that has been fermenting at the club for several years?

There are ways to express dissatisfaction with the way a club is run, but singling out a player and bullying them is unacceptable.

Frankly the hypocrisy of expecting Xhaka to "man up", then reacting with such offense when he gave some back is laughable.

Fallout

abuse on social media is obviously a bad thing, but i think its unfair to use social media trolls as an excuse to shame fans in the stadium.

it's important that fans in the stadium are able to have their frustration felt. these fans are the ultimate monitors of the club's performance. without them, players and management have an incentive to do the bare minimum to earn their wages.

social media is great for entertainment and engagement but, like anything on the internet, there are no barriers to entry. anyone can post anything, and therefore only the most extreme comments stand out. this creates an incentive to be as inflammatory as possible.

lets not pretend that these inflammatory comments are accurate barometers of fan sentiment. we are talking about a separate issue here.

if xhaka is stupid enough to get hurt by social media trolls to the point where he feels he is in a war with actual fans, then the club needs to get him out or shut off his social media.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Hearing rumours that he wants to leave in January. We won. Although as much as I despise Xhaka the footballer it doesn't feel like a clean victory when he's effectively been booed out of the club.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Hearing rumours that he wants to leave in January. We won. Although as much as I despise Xhaka the footballer it doesn't feel like a clean victory when he's effectively been booed out of the club.

It’s no victory. Nothing will change if we get rid of Xhaka and don’t buy an improvement.

We basically hounded out a player and we’re still sh*t. A victory would be selling Xhaka and using that money on an even better player.

Jack Russell

Wtf has Chris Cornell and all the other you list, hanging himself got to do with Xhaka throwing the armband down and telling fans to **** off because he was booed? Or are you diagnosing him with clinical depression from behind your keyboard? :lol:

Jack Russell

It’s no victory. Nothing will change if we get rid of Xhaka and don’t buy an improvement.

We basically hounded out a player and we’re still sh*t. A victory would be selling Xhaka and using that money on an even better player.
Give it time, he hasn’t even left yet. I’m sure we’ll be able to replace the coffee machine in the canteen with the proceeds. Relax.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Wtf has Chris Cornell and all the other you list, hanging himself got to do with Xhaka throwing the armband down and telling fans to **** off because he was booed? Or are you diagnosing him with clinical depression from behind your keyboard? :lol:

Ever since the whole mental health boom online everyones become psychologists and diagnose everyone with mental illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom