• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
What position is that? Considering he’s linked with all the top clubs and had a meeting with Utd in the summer?
London, Aubameyang, Nelson. Following the money isn’t always on the good side of football.

if that was the case, he would’ve stayed at City with how much they offered him.

Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal are the front runners as far as English clubs in my opinion. Won’t be surprised if he ends up at Chelsea but I don’t count out Arsenal. The combination of Sancho and Arsenal screams profit for both.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
London, Aubameyang, Nelson. Following the money isn’t always on the good side of football.

if that was the case, he would’ve stayed at City with how much they offered him.

Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal are the front runners as far as English clubs in my opinion. Won’t be surprised if he ends up at Chelsea but I don’t count out Arsenal. The combination of Sancho and Arsenal screams profit for both.

I feel like I live in another world when people state Chelsea as an attractive club, CL, just won EL I know but to me I cannot understand why anyone would want to join them, they just seem such a nothing club with **** fans, **** stadium etc, when I check fixtures and the table I literally forget they exist.

I'd rather go to Tottenham than Chelsea.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I feel like I live in another world when people state Chelsea as an attractive club, CL, just won EL I know but to me I cannot understand why anyone would want to join them, they just seem such a nothing club with **** fans, **** stadium etc, when I check fixtures and the table I literally forget they exist.

I'd rather go to Tottenham than Chelsea.

Hate both of them - add United to the list as well but at least United have history that goes back - Chelsea just bought there way to the top. However, the future has to be us and Chelsea as far as our youngsters go.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Chelsea pay top wages, sign top players, always compete to win things etc, what more do you want as a player? Over the last 10-15 years they’ve been the top club in London.

If you’re a young footballer or fan today, you’ve grown up in an era where Mourinho, Drogba, Terry, Hazard etc have dominated the game.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Chelsea pay top wages, sign top players, always compete to win things etc, what more do you want as a player? Over the last 10-15 years they’ve been the top club in London.

If you’re a young footballer or fan today, you’ve grown up in an era where Mourinho, Drogba, Terry, Hazard etc have dominated the game.

And yet still appear to be the scummiest club in London, everything about them is so ugly.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We couldn't attract Sancho, but with Pepe, Martinelli, Saka and Nelson here - Sancho is definitely priority regardless of how well he has performed.

Emery gets paid to coach and that is all that is needed as our attack is stacked with quality, experience and promise.

simonreq

We couldn't attract Sancho, but with Pepe, Martinelli, Saka and Nelson here - Sancho is definitely priority regardless of how well he has performed.

Emery gets paid to coach and that is all that is needed as our attack is stacked with quality, experience and promise.

I might set myself up for crusifiction here, but what quality?
Auba sure, I'll give you that. Laca is nowhere near as good as people make him out to be, and still hasn't managed to net over 15 goals in a single season yet. Pepe hasn't hit the ground running (at all). Quite concerning as he was bought on the back of one 'stellar' season in which he scored 22 goals (9 from penalty..). He scored 12 goals the season before.

As for the youngsters;

Marinelli looks a good prospect, and that's about it. A couple of good games in pre-season and against Standard (Belgium side for those who don't know :)))) isn't enough to impress me. Saka and Nelsson haven’t done anything as of yet.

We've basically seen this since 06-07. Too much faith in youngsters who all seem to be the next big thing because of a couple of good performances against weak oppositions (Carling and EL).

Last edited:

truth_hurts

Auba sure, I'll give you that. Laca is nowhere near as good as people make him out to be, and still hasn't managed to net over 15 goals in a single season yet. Pepe hasn't hit the ground running (at all). Quite concerning as he was bought on the back of one 'stellar' season in which he scored 22 goals (9 from penalty..). He scored 12 goals the season before.

As for the youngsters;

Marinelli looks a good prospect, and that's about it. A couple of good games in pre-season and against Standard (Belgium side for those who don't know :)))) isn't enough to impress me. Saka and Nelsson haven’t done anything as of yet.

We've basically seen this since 06-07. Too much faith in youngsters who all seem to be the next big thing because of a couple of good performances against weak oppositions (Carling and EL).

As you've stated Auba needs no reasoning. Laca is our current player of the year and when fit (his only downfall) scores goals. Is he world class? debateable, but he's definitely one of the better strikers in the league. In addition to this he scores vs the top teams. We probably have the best cf options in the league only rivalled by Jesus and Aguero.

Jury is still out on Pepe, but you don't rack up that many goals and assists by fluke. He's been bang average so far yet still has 5 goal contributions. I see him as an upgrade on Iwobi, Özil and Mkhi as a winger. Saka and Martinelli are exciting platers, we have no idea what their progression will be like. It's just as plausible that they could be as talented as Sancho as it is that they have peaked already.

Would you advocate splashing 100m+ on another wide option? As that was my point. Im confident that Pepe will step up and one of our young forwards will excel. Until then Laca, Auba and Pepe as a front 3 on paper is elite. Back t my original point of Emery needing to coach them.

truth_hurts

As for the youngsters;

The big difference now is we are not reliant on youngsters. The likes of Guendouzi, Willock and Saka start on merit and are outperforming their more experienced counterparts.

simonreq

As you've stated Auba needs no reasoning. Laca is our current player of the year and when fit (his only downfall) scores goals. Is he world class? debateable, but he's definitely one of the better strikers in the league. In addition to this he scores vs the top teams. We probably have the best cf options in the league only rivalled by Jesus and Aguero.

Jury is still out on Pepe, but you don't rack up that many goals and assists by fluke. He's been bang average so far yet still has 5 goal contributions. I see him as an upgrade on Iwobi, Özil and Mkhi as a winger. Saka and Martinelli are exciting platers, we have no idea what their progression will be like. It's just as plausible that they could be as talented as Sancho as it is that they have peaked already.

Would you advocate splashing 100m+ on another wide option? As that was my point. Im confident that Pepe will step up and one of our young forwards will excel. Until then Laca, Auba and Pepe as a front 3 on paper is elite. Back t my original point of Emery needing to coach them.

I don't consider Laca one of the best strikers in the league. At all. You have Aguero (and to some extent Jesus) in Manchester City, you have Mané and Salah in Liverpool, Kane in Tottenham. Even Jamie Vardy has been pulling better numbers than Lacazette. These guys are the best strikers in the PL (to me). i don't rate him as a winger at all.

In terms of Saka and Martinelli, well don't agree here either. Partially because I've seen the hype surrounding youngsters many times before. As soon as a youngster strings together a few passes, the entire forum is raving. We tend to come up with excuses whenever we have a player who isn't performing either here or while on loan in some other club. Nelsson springs to mind (who is incredibly hyped here and on many other platforms) - the guy couldn't break into the Hoffenheim squad, and this very board concluded that a conspiracy was going on. How many did actually watch Nelsson play (besides highlights showing goals, of which he scored a fair chunk) instead of analyzing why he wasn't playing. Disciplinary issues, lack of commitment to defensive duties and so on.

Pepe has potential, but was (primarily) bought on the back of one great season in Lille. I'm always against those purchases (at these prices) as you're not entirely sure if that season was a fluke, or the players actual ability. You are almost always paying for the latter. As you said, jury's still out on that one.

So TLDR:
Interesting young prospects at the club? Yeah, sure. Not overwhelmed though.

Decent squad? Yeah, it's alright, but that's about it.

And to answer your questions directly in terms of LAca/Pepe: No, I wouldn't spend money on a winger, but I would spend a whole lot of cash on 1-2 midfielders. One who can hold on to the ball and pass it around ala Cazorla, and a defensive midfielder (who can hold on the the ball as well, I'm allowed to dream) and revert back to a 4-3-3 with a MF sitting deep and two infront. (Douzi being on of them, don't worry)

Last edited:

truth_hurts

I don't consider Laca one of the best strikers in the league. At all. You have Aguero (and to some extent Jesus) in Manchester City, you have Mané and Salah in Liverpool, Kane in Tottenham. Even Jamie Vardy has been pulling better numbers than Lacazette. These guys are the best strikers in the PL (to me). i don't rate him as a winger at all.

In terms of Saka and Martinelli, well don't agree here either. Partially because I've seen the hype surrounding youngsters many times before. As soon as a youngster strings together a few passes, the entire forum is raving. We tend to come up with excuses whenever we have a player who isn't performing either here or while on loan in some other club. Nelsson springs to mind (who is incredibly hyped here and on many other platforms) - the guy couldn't break into the Hoffenheim squad, and this very board concluded that a conspiracy was going on. How many did actually watch Nelsson play (besides highlights showing goals, of which he scored a fair chunk) instead of analyzing why he wasn't playing. Disciplinary issues, lack of commitment to defensive duties and so on.

Pepe has potential, but was (primarily) bought on the back of one great season in Lille. I'm always against those purchases (at these prices) as you're not entirely sure if that season was a fluke, or the players actual ability. You are almost always paying for the latter. As you said, jury's still out on that one.

So TLDR:

And to answer your questions directly in terms of LAca/Pepe: No, I wouldn't spend money on a winger, but I would spend a whole lot of cash on 1-2 midfielders. One who can hold on to the ball and pass it around ala Cazorla, and a defensive midfielder (who can hold on the the ball as well, I'm allowed to dream) and revert back to a 4-3-3 with a MF sitting deep and two infront. (Douzi being on of them, don't worry)

In essence we agree. I don't see the desperate need for an expensive winger and if we were to I'd want a finished article like Zaha or Mahrez than an expensive youngster like Sancho.

I'd also buy 2 cms. Ceballos being one of them.

I think Laca is a lethal finisher, but highly reliant on service. He struggles to make his own goals.

So TLDR:

“Even Jamie Vardy”? Still in denial.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Ziyech already earns more at Ajax than guys like Eriksen do at Tottenham, I’m not scared for Sp**s.

If no other club comes, he'll go to Sp**s. He's done it all at Ajax and will want to try it in in the PL.

And then when he looks good people here will complain why the **** we didn't go for him when he was at Ajax. Others will say it was a risk because the Dutch league is ****.

We knew. He's quality.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If no other club comes, he'll go to Sp**s. He's done it all at Ajax and will want to try it in in the PL.

And then when he looks good people here will complain why the **** we didn't go for him when he was at Ajax. Others will say it was a risk because the Dutch league is ****.

We knew. He's quality.
I really hope not, he deserves some titles in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom