• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Media Tears

say yes

forum master baiter
I have read the comments on sky sports by Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher and they have been quite complimentary about our game yesterday,
They were saying that although we got beaten we have shown signs of improvement and normally those two are quick to slate us.
Yep Sky had a lot of praise for us. Gap in quality ultimately cost us but Neville in particular thought our mentality was levels above what it had been in the past.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
BBC on yesterday's game:

Headline is:

"Salah double seals easy Liverpool win over Arsenal"

but then there is another heading:

"Liability Luiz costs otherwise promising Arsenal"

So which of the two is it? It can't be both. An easy win is a game where the result is not in doubt from the very early stages. But the BBC story goes on to say the 49th minute penalty sealed the game.

The headline is typical anti-Arsenal ingrained, possibly even un or subconscious bias.
it's fair i think the article was from Phil McNulty who cover more Liverpool and Everton. he also said we improved and showed better attitude but i think he don't like Luiz much lol.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
it's fair i think the article was from Phil McNulty who cover more Liverpool and Everton. he also said we improved and showed better attitude but i think he don't like Luiz much lol.
Well Luiz didn't cover himself with glory yesterday! That was my point though, the inconsistency of the headline with the text.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I find it really interesting the way the media was reporting the build up before the Liverpool game and the way they are reporting Sp**s' against us now.

We were going in to that game without our first choice fullbacks, Pepe not having started a game yet, Ceballos and Luiz with only one game under their belt, laca just coming back from injury, Torreira not match fit, Özil and Kola not featuring much 'cos of security issues.

Despite these issues, the gist of the articles I saw were 'this will be a test of Arsenal's quality' or 'Arsenal have to show they have improved from last season'.

Contrast that with how Sp**s are being portrayed coming in to this game. 'Sp**s haven't got any RB for this game' (they have, and even if they decide to use Dier, it is a natural position for him, Transfermarkt stats actually show he played more games as RB than AMN has played for us).

A lot is also being made about their wantaway players. Being reported in a very sympathetic way to Pochettino, and that he has a real job on his hands to get a tune out of these players. When Wenger was dealing with these issues every summer it was used as a stick to beat him and our board with.

The narrative has already been set. If Sp**s lose against us, it was only to be expected, they had so many issues to deal with. If they somehow win, Pochettino succeeded against all odds again.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
That nobhead on Talksport is in public eye again after leaving out Bergkamp in his top five Dutch players to play over here.

Slags us off a bit too much. :confused:
Adrian20Durham20_20003.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
What you have to remember about Durham is that he does this stuff for attention, and like today, it’s works.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Who was better in England, Overmars or Robben?
Don't know the exact numbers but I feel like Robben missed too many games through injury to really be considered a PL great even though he had his moments. Think Overmars' superior end product in England might just shade it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I used to fall for it years ago, he would say stuff like “Owen is better than Henry”. I used to rage. Now you know it’s just a game for callers, hits etc. Today he got Cesc to reply, it’s worked.

Top Bottom