• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Media Tears

Arseshavin

Thinks this would be our best team.
Seaman
Lauren Sol Adams Cole
Cazorla Gilberto Vieira
Van Persie Bergkamp Henry

Last edited:

Arseshavin

You've left out Pires mate
I know, it was a hard decision, but as hard is it was, I thought van Persie plus the added stability by having Gilberto in midfield would be overall better.

Also, I cannot really remember one really good right winger since I started supporting the club. Ljungberg is of course a legend, and his off the ball movement was great, and maybe he was the best we had in goal points. Then we had Hleb of course, who was the pre assist meister, but I never really learned to love him. And Wiltord... the master of turning around in circles with the ball... I always thought he was very average and frustrating. Rosicky was unfortunately injured all the time, and he was better through the middle, as was Cazorla. Thinking about it, I think I will replace Cesc with Cazorla in the former post. Yes, Cazorla is one of my all time favs.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Adrian Durham has been taking quite a pasting on Twitter for his omission of Bergkamp, including some other greats of the game

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Adrian Durham has been taking quite a pasting on Twitter for his omission of Bergkamp, including some other greats of the game

That’s why he is doing it though, to get attention...sad that most journalism these days is all about how many views you get, rather than the quality of your work.

Riou

Since I kinda put this thread off topic, I might aswell do it one last time! ;)

Is there any central midfielder in prem history anyone would take over prime Vieira? For me Paddy is the best.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Vieira is the greatest Arsenal player in my book.

Always uncomfortable to say such a thing when you haven’t watched previous generations though.

Polar Bear

This Durham guy is a waste of oxygen, stupid idiot, he should never have any air time.

Bergkamp was not only one of the greatest ever Arsenal players in the entire clubs history, but he was one of the best football players ever in the prem. The guy was pure skill, he was so smooth an classy, his skill level was incredibly high. He was no athlete at all, he was just a pure footballer.

Bergkamp won the premiership with us 3 times and won the FA Cup with us 4 times, and was vital in all of them, he was magic. I love Bergkamp, his actual footballing ability was extremely high level.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Bergkamp is my favourite Arsenal player ever and I toss between him and Thierry as our greatest player ever.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I know, it was a hard decision, but as hard is it was, I thought van Persie plus the added stability by having Gilberto in midfield would be overall better.

Also, I cannot really remember one really good right winger since I started supporting the club. Ljungberg is of course a legend, and his off the ball movement was great, and maybe he was the best we had in goal points. Then we had Hleb of course, who was the pre assist meister, but I never really learned to love him. And Wiltord... the master of turning around in circles with the ball... I always thought he was very average and frustrating. Rosicky was unfortunately injured all the time, and he was better through the middle, as was Cazorla. Thinking about it, I think I will replace Cesc with Cazorla in the former post. Yes, Cazorla is one of my all time favs.

No all time Arsenal big Wengz team is complete without Pires mate.

Riou

Pires, vieira, Cesc and then one of Alexis, Ljungberg or Overmars to make up the four in midfield. Leaning towards Alexis.

Henry Bergkamp
Pires Cesc Vieira ?
Cole Adams Sol Sagna
Seaman

Sanchez was amazing to watch from 2014-2017, you knew he would get a goal or assist in a match...great international player for Chile too, shame what happened to Alexis.

baccy_man

Established Member
Bergkamp's skills were amazing at times it's a pity he had a fear of flying we missed him in away games.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom