• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
People still cannot get their head around the fact that Xhaka's reaction was a result of an accumulation of things. It's bad enough that football is stressful with loads of pressure but he's had to deal with abuse to his family, wife, newborn on social media as well as being constantly scapegoated, jeered on numerous occasions and it all just boiled over last weekend. It was the straw that broke the camels back. He was probably bottling everything up for long that it just exploded in him and for that moment he completely lost it.

But now we've people going "oh well he should have just manned up and got on with it". People have manned up and got on with things while dealing with stress and dark thoughts and it hasn't ended well. People have acted like nothings wrong and not given a hint to anyone that they were struggling until one day it all comes out in the worst possible way. Maybe ask Gary Speed's widow if she was happy that Gary just got on with things and manned up instead of opening up because he knew just like we all know, as evidence in this forum that even now men aren't allowed to open up. They're expect to just take abuse, deal with stress, man up and get on with things regardless of how they're feeling or coping. Maybe it will take another Gary Speed or Enke moment for people to think to themselves "hold on maybe we better start taking footballers mental well being seriously here".

Look we all get passionate about football, but for me a footballers physical and mental well being is the most important thing. **** the results, it's not actually important. Maybe it's about time we started looking at footballers as human beings and just because they're well paid it doesn't mean they're bullet proof, it doesn't mean that stress doesn't get to them, it doesn't mean that they can't get emotional just because they earn a lot of money. I've seen countless examples over the last few years of how money means nothing if you're struggling mentally. Chris Cornell, Avicci, Chester Bennington, Robin Williams. All of those people having a lot of money didn't prevent them from going over the edge.

Like people need to seriously just give it a rest with this whole macho man up BS. It's absolute nonsense and I don't believe people actually believe it, they're just putting on a front thinking it's how they should behave.

What I will say it's getting more and more obvious that most of the abuse comes from people who're envious of footballers or are deeply unhappy with their own lives. Sometimes a mixture of both.
What in the waffle :lol::lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Quite apart from the threats / swearing at fans Emery publicly said his captain should issue an apology & the captain refused.

How could he go on as captain?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The **** in Chief has thrown another player under the bus, this time the captain that he named.

This is quite accurate

He's out of his depth. Can see nothing but trashing on the weekend. The players don't care about him and his treatment of players and decisions seem to leave most of our 'character players' disilusioned.

No way back for Unai nor Xhaka I believe. It's too late now.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
C’mon now, Pogbas had online death threats, racist abuse and I assume we’ve all seen the video of the United “fan” telling him to his face he’s not fit to wear she shirt.

This situation isn’t unique to Arsenal in any way.

Shut down the internet I say! (Apart from certain key video sites of course)

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The **** in Chief has thrown another player under the bus, this time the captain that he named.

This is quite accurate

To be fair Emery summed up the situation better than most.

on how Xhaka is…
He is training normally with the team, he didn't play at Liverpool and he is continuing and above all has remained focused on tomorrow.

on looking after Xhaka…
The first is the person. The human like everyone feels [emotions]. Xhaka’s issues last week is one issue that needs time to recover the normality with him and with us.

on the abuse players have to deal with…
Everybody maybe will have some social media on their phone, on the internet, on the web, but really to use it is only to be intelligent. We can respect the people on social media but also we have to separate how much is real and [whether or not] every supporter is following that. For me, the good response is how the supporters respond in our stadium. We have a lot of supporters around the world and we respect them but the real response is in the stadium. In the stadium sometimes, it is normal when we are not winning that they respond with some criticism. It is normal. To the coach, to the players, but also a lot of players receive that criticism in the stadium and then when you recover and when you come back with a good performance, they forget that and also they applaud the players and the team. This is our objective, and our objective tomorrow is to win, connect with the people and the supporters to respond to us and help us in the 90 minutes. This is our target tomorrow.

on how the players connect with the fans...
The connection is from using our quality, using our energy, to play in our capacity to break Wolves' gameplan. In 90 minutes, we need to be intense and clear with our skills. We also know that this is difficult. We must remember that this year we haven't lost at home and I think we are feeling strong. We are not winning with big results against the opposition but we are winning more than we are not. We drew two matches but we've won all other matches [at home]. Last year, we felt very strong with our supporters in the Emirates and this year we are starting without the same strength with our supporters. We are playing with confidence and imposing our gameplan, and we will build that connection. I am confident with our work in this process and I think tomorrow is a good opportunity, as good as the first opportunity after the last matches to show that. The objective is the three points but also for me it's to play.

on whether Xhaka can redeem himself to the fans...
Okay, I want to finish with that. He said sorry, he gave the apologies to the supporters, to everybody. Now the focus is on tomorrow's match.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The big problem is that it looks like he made this decision, to try to show some authority and hoping that it buys him more time.

He has never spoken on why our players need to be protected from such abuse and then he insisted that only Xhaka was wrong.

Since Xhaka was "selected" as captain from our players, and now with him stripping him, I think this will further split the dressing room.

The big issue I have with this is that this gives more ammo to toxic idiots on the stands, to give even more abuse to other players as they will see this as a sign that if you boo long enough, the **** in chief will oblige

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
So first Mustafi gets blamed for it, he gets dropped our defence is still sh*t. Xhaka then gets the blame and is hounded out of the club basically, guess what? Midfield still sh*t. Kolasinac better watch his back next. Emery needs to stop crumbling to the fan pressure, we're all idiots.

Seriously Arsenal fans are pathetic, moaning about Özil for years now begging for him. Hating Kronke then all he had to do was throw some money at your whore mouths and now everyone shut up about protests. It's like Tony Montana said in scarface you need someone to point to and say that's the bad guy.

We didn't know how good we had it under Arsène he would never have crumbled to fans like Emery.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Do we know it was Emery? Maybe it was above his head.

Xhakas statement was poorly worded, confusing issues & potentially harmful to the club.

I dont believe the club actually published it directly just a poor quality image. Its a mess all round.

albakos

Administrator

C’mon now, Pogbas had online death threats, racist abuse and I assume we’ve all seen the video of the United “fan” telling him to his face he’s not fit to wear she shirt.

This situation isn’t unique to Arsenal in any way.

Shut down the internet I say! (Apart from certain key video sites of course)

Even Bellerin had a lot of such calls of "You're not fit to wear our shirt" in an away game few seasons ago (think it was WBA or Palace away). Our away fans even refused to hand him the ball for a throw-in until they finished their calls.

Wenger had commented how this has deeply touched Bellerin and he was withheld for few games.

Every player reacts differently, but to have your captain treated that way is despicable.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Even Bellerin had a lot of such calls of "You're not fit to wear our shirt" in an away game few seasons ago (think it was WBA or Palace away). Our away fans even refused to hand him the ball for a throw-in until they finished their calls.

Wenger had commented how this has deeply touched Bellerin and he was withheld for few games.

Every player reacts differently, but to have your captain treated that way is despicable.
has anything been issued officially by the club condemning the abuse? it doesn't seem right that Xhaka gets punished but the trolls are rewarded

albakos

Administrator

Do we know it was Emery? Maybe it was above his head.

Xhakas statement was poorly worded, confusing issues & potentially harmful to the club.

I dont believe the club actually published it directly just a poor quality image. Its a mess all round.

And please stop with these tinfoil theories: poor quality image, few pages ago you mentioned no screenshots etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom