• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

And please stop with these tinfoil theories: poor quality image, few pages ago you mentioned no screenshots etc...

He literally said this before the weekend.
'Okay, I want to finish with that. He said sorry, he gave the apologies to the supporters, to everybody. Now the focus is on tomorrow's match.'

Xhakas statement is nowhere on the site / twitter other than this same low quality image. I dont think the club had any input in releasing it.

EIOtuoRXYAUCeDL.jpg

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
My issue is Xhaka being driven out of the club due to what’s happened. Doesn’t sit comfortable.
Yeah you never wanted to see anyone hounded out of the club like that, but if he lands on his feet at a club like Inter he'll probably be slightly relieved.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
has anything been issued officially by the club condemning the abuse? it doesn't seem right that Xhaka gets punished but the trolls are rewarded

Only some softball word salads by emery on a post above.

But as I posted above, this will set a dangerous precedent to the toxic fans at the Emirates that anything goes and as long as you boo loud and make all kinds of crazy rant videos, then from now on your stupidity can affect our team as well.

Wenger would've never allow such a precedent against his players.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If Xhaka had kept the captaincy after what he did people would call Emery weak. Perfect example of damned if you damned if you don't.

TBF this situation was partly of his own making because he's a bad at man management.

Both decisions to let the players name a captain (who he'd knew would be Xhaka) and dropping Özil only to bring him back now that his job is firmly on the line make him look VERY weak.

No wonder we're already seeing reports of players agents going up to the top brass to talk about transfers, Auba out links, young players making fun of him, etc.

The gig is up, they know he has 0 authority on that dressing room. It's the third time he'll have to let players walk all over him.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This 5 captains thing is absurd. Why does Emery have to be different? Just another way of not making a decision. Emery has a problem.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
He needs a fresh start and we need to replace him. It's win win in reality.
in the long run, perhaps, but I bet the players are not happy - or even more unhappy, I should say -if he feels forced to leave that will make it even worse

Godwin1

Very well-known
in the long run, perhaps, but I bet the players are not happy - or even more unhappy, I should say -if he feels forced to leave that will make it even worse
Probably wont make much difference at this point if Emery's staying until the end of the season. I think any new manager coming cuts our losses with Xhaka and we moves on with the rest of the squad and new signings.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He literally said this before the weekend.
'Okay, I want to finish with that. He said sorry, he gave the apologies to the supporters, to everybody. Now the focus is on tomorrow's match.'

Xhakas statement is nowhere on the site / twitter other than this same low quality image. I dont think the club had any input in releasing it.
Give me a break,

If this message wasn't vetted by the club, then why did the Arsenal media released the same message in matchday programme ?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Give me a break,

If this message wasn't vetted by the club, then why did the Arsenal media released the same message in matchday programme ?
We will have to disagree. Personally I have thought from reading it the third paragraph is stupidly damaging to the club. Its a strange thing to ok if they did or didnt.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Why was it printed on matchday programme then ?
Its the statement Xhaka put out to the fans directly linked to the issue.

There seems to be sides throughout the club on this issue. You have players upset at how Xhaka is treated & long term club employees strongly backing him publically. On the otherside players liking very anti messages on social media & now removed as captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom