• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Doesn’t matter what he said. Players always give such interviews. Milan then were on par with Barca and Real too.

They are bigger clubs than us, but you can’t say what he said and expect the fans to not get annoyed.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Expected. Don't rate him but it's another indicator as to how detached fans are from the board and the manager.

He wasn't supposed to be picked as captain, as he was clearly out of favor with the fans and his status made him undroppable making the fans even more frustrated.

The entire mess from this season is currently the board's fault, and then Emery's. Someone has to pull the brakes as soon as possible or the club will not recover.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Thought he showed a captain’s moxy with recent events. On the other hand, he’s too slow on the ball and too one-footed - slows down our attack (if you want to call it that under Emery). Amazing he might go before Emery does.

Just get Arteta in to fix this mess.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Can you post the contents? It's a paywall.
Granit Xhaka has been stripped of the Arsenal captaincy and is likely to leave the club in the January transfer window.

Unai Emery told the Switzerland midfielder of the decision yesterday morning and the head coach did not say whether he would play for the club again. The 27-year-old has fallen out with Arsenal since he mouthed an expletive and cupped his ear in response to being booed by home fans when he was substituted during the Premier League game at home to Crystal Palace ten days ago.

Xhaka was put under pressure by Emery to make an immediate apology but took four days to issue a statement that instead revealed the nature of vile abuse which made him reach “boiling point” and clash with supporters. Xhaka’s message did not mention Emery, who was initially supportive of his player.

“I was speaking with him and I also decided he is not one of the captains in our group,” Emery, who named a leadership group of five players in September, said last night. “He accepted my decision. I needed to make it and now it is closed. I told Xhaka first and then the captains. For me it’s finished.”

Xhaka is understood to be hurt by the decision and recognises that he needs to play regularly to retain his place in the Switzerland squad, which he captains, for Euro 2020. It means he is likely to move in January, potentially returning to Germany.

He joined Arsenal from Borussia Mönchengladbach for £35 million in 2016 and signed a contract last year until 2023, worth £100,000 a week. “He is one of our players and we want to respect him,” Emery said. Xhaka was voted to be captain by his team-mates, who wanted him to keep the job. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will wear the armband as second in command in the club’s committee of captains.

Xhaka was omitted from the squad to face Vitoria Guimarães, of Portugal, in the Europa League this afternoon. He was given advice by Héctor Bellerín, whose relationship with the fans has recovered after they chanted that he “was not fit to wear the shirt” in a 3-0 defeat by Crystal Palace in 2017.

When will the club stabilize. There seems to be huge problems at our club every season now and they are just increasing.

But hopefully we can get rid of him in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom