• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Hmph Roy gave to his own fans when he had to , calling some of the prawn sandwich brigade , If they had booed Keano he would have given it back don't worry about that . '

Ian Wright gave our fans that booed him an absolute serve after the game at Blackburn :lol:

Cantona dropkicked a fan!

Dont know if it was a united fan thou...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When we were signing Xhaka, I was really looking forward to it...one of the highest rated players in Germany linked with Bayern, what was there to not be excited about!

Tbf to him deep playmakers have it the hardest to adapt to England, due to the football most teams play...they normally like to get on the ball, then turn and scan the field...but in England they have to adapt to a constant press really, even a specific man marker...some can't adapt to that...look at Veron, one of the best deep playmakers ever, terrible at United and Chelsea really!

Xhaka just hasn't adapted, and just hasn't worked out here...hope we try to move him on as soon as possible, a good player, just not for Arsenal.

Last edited:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Hmph Roy gave to his own fans when he had to , calling some of them prawn sandwich brigade , If they had booed Keano he would have given it back don't worry about that . '

Ian Wright gave our fans that booed him an absolute serve after the game at Blackburn :lol:
Roy focussed on the minority of corporate day trippers—the fans knew this wasn’t an attack on them. The club wouldn’t have been happy because a lot of the revenue comes from corporations, but the bread and butter Utd fans were fine with it.

Wrighty gave it to a bunch of about 30 fans who were gathered under the dressing room window in the street below, after the game. He was an Arsenal legend at that point.

Ashybashy86

Imagine Roy Keane doing what Xhaka did to the United fans while Ferguson was in charge.....He would probably never play a game for United again.
Very difficult to imagine. Two very different players with very different mentalities. Roy Keane respected Sir Ferguson, the captaincy and what it meant to represent Man Utd. I couldn't imagine Vieira doing that either.

sammy89

Crowd is already toxic as we have squandered a two goal lead

Seconds in

0 - his number goes up the crowd cheers sarcastically. No booing at this stage but Xhaka hears the cheers and is mighty pissed

6 - throws armband in general direction of Auba, it lands on the floor, he ambles off the pitch, the crowd is pissed now. No booing at this stage

12 - crowd is very agitated. Small amount of boos. Xhaka throws up both his arms effectively saying “c’mon bring it on, let’s hear it then you muppets”

19 - still on a lovely leisurely stroll. Crowd thinks he is taking the p1ss, Very loud boos ring out, full on jeering

26 - Xhaka cups his ear, as you do, obviously the crowd jeer even more in response

37 TBF he does shake the subs hand, misses Emerys weak attempt at a handshake and the club captain throws his shirt down at 37 seconds

6, 12, 26, 37 - he made four sequential choices which combined with his slow departure to escalate the situation. At any point he could have taken a different course of action.

No shyt Sherlock. Simple explanation: he stopped caring at that point.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Roy focussed on the minority of corporate day trippers—the fans knew this wasn’t an attack on them. The club wouldn’t have been happy because a lot of the revenue comes from corporations, but the bread and butter Utd fans were fine with it.

Wrighty gave it to a bunch of about 30 fans who were gathered under the dressing room window in the street below, after the game. He was an Arsenal legend at that point.

Roy said it in reaction to the empty seats at a certain game and Silvestre getting stick from the fans .
Wrighty served it up after the team was booed at Blackburn . Not sure why the legend inference , though I have heard people say he wasn't the Captain so it doesn't count , Point is **** happens you get over it and move on .

sammy89

Great, we'll sell an already out of favour average midfielder at 50% of his market value now.
way to overpay for him in the first place, or fail to move him on for 3 years.

This to me is the biggest consequence of dropping out of top 4: getting scammed regularly in the transfer market.

Balboa

(many) Arsenal Fans: "Thousands of us intimidating, bullying, threatening and abusing a player who is giving their best for our club is acceptable. We pay money, we're 'loyal', we have legitimate grievances. Therefore we can goad the clubs players however we choose because we're 'loyal' and he earns money and we pay him. We are unaccountable"

Also....

(many of the same) Arsenal Fans: "A player, reacting to thousands of us abusing and bullying him, had a go back at us by cupping his ear and gesturing for us to bring it on. That is gross misconduct and he should be purged from the club with immediate effect. Abuse of 'loyal' supporters in that manner is a disgrace. I've never seen anything so disgusting as someone cupping their ear in response to thousands dishing out vitriolic abuse for them giving their best effort and it not being good enough."

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
(many) Arsenal Fans: "Us intimidating, bullying, threatening and abusing a player who is giving their best for our club is acceptable. We pay money, we're 'loyal', we have legitimate grievances. Therefore we can goad the clubs players however we choose because we're 'loyal' and he earns money and we pay him."

(many) Arsenal Fans: "A player, reacting to thousands of us abusing and bullying him, had a go back at us by cupping his ear and gesturing for us to bring it on. That is gross misconduct and he should be purged from the club with immediate effect. Abuse of 'loyal' supporters in that manner is a disgrace. I've never seen anything so disgusting as someone cupping their ear in response to thousands dishing out vitriolic abuse for them giving their best effort and it not being good enough."

If we are slagging off the Emirates crowd its way more moany, whingy, spoilt & corporate than intimidating, bullying & threatening.

Balboa

If we are slagging off the Emirates crowd its way more moany, whingy, spoilt & corporate than intimidating, bullying & threatening.

Have you ever had thousands of people who in theory are there to support you, in actual fact jeering you loudly? Numerous threats to your family on social media?

I don't think Xhaka's issue is people complaining about his performance online, or eating prawn sandwiches in a corporate box at the Emirates...

You might be missing the point about what has happened.

Balboa

Great, we'll sell an already out of favour average midfielder at 50% of his market value now.
way to overpay for him in the first place, or fail to move him on for 3 years.

Yeah. Great job Arsenal fans. You've really directed your frustration in an effective manner...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Have you ever had thousands of people who in theory are there to support you, in actual fact jeering you loudly?

I don't think Xhaka's issue is people complaining about his performance online, or eating prawn sandwiches in a corporate box at the Emirates...

You might be missing the point about what has happened.
Its genuinely one of the safest feeling stadiums I have been to. There is not that sense of danger / edge you get in some or the levels of abuse reading about at the mo.

Sure booing / jeering is not ideal but if you want the adulation / praise at good times thats just the other side.

In sport & competition you have both. The threats & personal **** of course nothing to do with sport.

Malky

Established Member
This is a nasty situation, he was made captain then hounded out the club. It’s actually a crazy situation.
The nasty situation was made by Emery - letting the players pick their captain instead of picking his own, also let the players pick a captain that was already unpopular with the fans. Xhaka only dug the hole deeper for himself with his petulant reactions. As soon as he reacted the way he did it was over for him here, you can't throw the arm band, the shirt and tell the fans to **** off and expect to play for the club again. He's never been an elite, irreplaceable player anyway, so no big loss.

Balboa

Its genuinely one of the safest feeling stadiums I have been to. There is not that sense of danger / edge you get in some or the levels of abuse reading about at the mo.

Sure booing / jeering is not ideal but if you want the adulation / praise at good times thats just the other side.

In sport & competition you have both. The threats & personal **** of course nothing to do with sport.

From what I've heard from people who were at the game. It was very loud and intimidating abuse of Xhaka. If that's the case, general points about the stadium are secondary to me in my thinking. I've not been to Arsenal since Highbury.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
(many) Arsenal Fans: "Thousands of us intimidating, bullying, threatening and abusing a player who is giving their best for our club is acceptable. We pay money, we're 'loyal', we have legitimate grievances. Therefore we can goad the clubs players however we choose because we're 'loyal' and he earns money and we pay him. We are unaccountable"

Also....

(many of the same) Arsenal Fans: "A player, reacting to thousands of us abusing and bullying him, had a go back at us by cupping his ear and gesturing for us to bring it on. That is gross misconduct and he should be purged from the club with immediate effect. Abuse of 'loyal' supporters in that manner is a disgrace. I've never seen anything so disgusting as someone cupping their ear in response to thousands dishing out vitriolic abuse for them giving their best effort and it not being good enough."
The first half of your post is a lie. Most fans are fine with booing. But no one supports threatening and abusing. People were booing Xhaka during the match. They did not abuse. Xhaka made the situation worse.

Balboa

The nasty situation was made by Emery - letting the players pick their captain instead of picking his own, also let the players pick a captain that was already unpopular with the fans. Xhaka only dug the hole deeper for himself with his petulant reactions. As soon as he reacted the way he did it was over for him here, you can't throw the arm band, the shirt and tell the fans to **** off and expect to play for the club again. He's never been an elite, irreplaceable player anyway, so no big loss.

He gave the armband to Auba. He didn't throw the shirt. Stop making stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom