• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now the end is near this just saddens me. I never like other people misfortune and Emery is a good man.

At the end of the day its hard to pinpoint at just one thing that went wrong but I think what failed Emery most is that after failing working with stars at PSG he went in full hard mode against them here at Arsenal and it always felt like he wanted to make Arsenal a bit richer version of his Sevilla team. Then there are language barrier and him just not seeming to get his ideas across.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
I don't usually take part in the body language analysis but the way Emery was acting yesterday I wouldn't be shocked if he asked his agent to get assurances from the club that the Mourinho/job speculation is nonsense, but they didn't get the response they were looking for. Would certainly explain why he's been so downbeat the last few days, he's not usually like this.

Probably been getting voice mails from Duncan Castles.

Reactions: A_G

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Just come across as a good man. Maybe he is not but I'm not gonna spend time dwelling at thinking he is bad man.
For sure, nobody said he was evil or anything but that statement sounded like you knew him. With Wenger it was different because we had years to figure out the true character of the man. Too short a time with Unai. Wish him well but hope he fecks off as far away from our club as possible unless he goes to Sp**s..

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just come across as a good man. Maybe he is not but I'm not gonna spend time dwelling at thinking he is bad man.

It’s not nice right now. I want him to be sacked but I still feel sorry for him.

Feels wrong hoping someone loses the job when he’s clearly doing the best he can but can’t really see any other solution, it’s just not working.

scytheavatar

Established Member
With key players over 30 we cant even afford to throw away this season.

Its no guarantee things are going to get better. In five years we may look back & marvel when we had a golden boot winner upfront, Lacazette, Özil & **** even these two senior international CBs.

Give them a chance to do something. Thats exactly why I want 2/3 years of Jose before a full reset with young group & a Freddie / Vieira / Arteta type then.

Chance to do what? Why would we marvel about the current squad when we had far stronger squads in the post Invincibles past and wasn't able to do anything? You think Auba and Özil are anything special compared to RVP and Cesc?

Whomever that is our next manager will need a massive squad revamp to achieve anything, and it's hard to imagine us doing that without selling some of our players for good money.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It’s not nice right now. I want him to be sacked but I still feel sorry for him.

Feels wrong hoping someone loses the job when he’s clearly doing the best he can but can’t really see any other solution, it’s just not working.
Doesn't feel wrong to me. The man isn't going to be on the street and he WILL get another job. He still has a decent CV. He's earned a packet already in his career. Don't pity him. He really doesn't need it.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Chance to do what? Why would we marvel about the current squad when we had far stronger squads in the post Invincibles past and wasn't able to do anything? You think Auba and Özil are anything special compared to RVP and Cesc?

Whomever that is our next manager will need a massive squad revamp to achieve anything, and it's hard to imagine us doing that without selling some of our players for good money.

Top four, domestic cup maybe Europa. Feel we are good enough with a manager change & midfield being balanced in January.

Personally think we could be in trouble post Auba because the football is dire. His goals saving us. The youth is spoken about alot but so many competing for the same 1 or 2 positions.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Now the end is near this just saddens me. I never like other people misfortune and Emery is a good man.

At the end of the day its hard to pinpoint at just one thing that went wrong but I think what failed Emery most is that after failing working with stars at PSG he went in full hard mode against them here at Arsenal and it always felt like he wanted to make Arsenal a bit richer version of his Sevilla team. Then there are language barrier and him just not seeming to get his ideas across.
Wish you would cut out this “end is near I feel for him” bollocks. Where was this sympathy when you were abusing him?

Wish you would cut out this “end is near I feel for him” bollocks. Where was this sympathy when you were abusing him?

I thought he would turn this around. First I thought this was just all fun, no way he would be this out of his dept coming November. But now its hard not to sympathize with him.

Also. Brendan in!

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I start to lose it when fans are treated like idiots. He is clearly side stepping key problems and treating fans like fools. I don't care if it's language barrier - speak in Spanish then.

Even during the darkest days, Wenger was always fairly honest and when he choose not to say anything about an issue - he says it in our faces. He tells you that he doesn't have to tell you because it doesn't help. Which is true. Have the guts to mean what you say and say what you mean.

Kinda. But we’d be **** and Wenger would say we played with the handbrake on. I guess that’s at least saying we weren’t up to standard.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This thread's gone OTT. Reminds me of the Wenger hate.

As someone who believes that the quality of the squad is the largest single determinant of where you'll end up, I'm not so passionate about bashing Emery.

He won the league with PSG, and that's because he had a great squad, regardless of his abilities. Proof that the quality of the players count for more.

Emery's weaknesses are 1) his terrible communication skills, 2) his apparent inability to connect with players and 3) dithering over finding his best players/formation.

But our squad is partly to blame for the latter. We have a plethora of good forwards, an average midfield and car crash CBs with a makeshift RB.
He also lost the league at PSG

Pepes blue pill

Yeah emery does seem like a good guy but football managers at the top clubs get paid millions when they get sacked for doing their job badly, f uck feeling sorry for him :lol::lol::lol:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Top four, domestic cup maybe Europa. Feel we are good enough with a manager change & midfield being balanced in January.

Personally think we could be in trouble post Auba because the football is dire. His goals saving us. The youth is spoken about alot but so many competing for the same 1 or 2 positions.

But what's the point of finishing top 4 for 1 season, only to finish outside the top 10 the next season? That's what would happen if we hire Mourinho, he's going to leave us in a worse state than when he joined us.

And balancing midfield in Jan is going to be hard if not impossible, considering Vinai has already made it clear we aren't going to spend much in Jan. I assume there's a chance of Xhaka leaving, but even then I am not sure we can get much from selling him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It is crazy how many people get out of touch as to how far they can go with their abuse.

We all have come to the point where we want Emery to leave, but he has more than obviously shown that he put all his heart into this job and club and tried all his best, it just isn't enough anymore. He has many qualities in which he excells at, but he's gotten out of touch with the team and it is only going to go one way from here, sadly.

Wish him all the best for his next chapter, still a quality coach with great spirit and a good heart.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It is crazy how many people get out of touch as to how far they can go with their abuse.

We all have come to the point where we want Emery to leave, but he has more than obviously shown that he put all his heart into this job and club and tried all his best, it just isn't enough anymore. He has many qualities in which he excells at, but he's gotten out of touch with the team and it is only going to go one way from here, sadly.

Wish him all the best for his next chapter, still a quality coach with great spirit and a good heart.

He'll be alright. He'll get a new job just as quickly as he got the Arsenal one. Might not be the highest profile, but it'll be a good job.

He just wasn't a good fit here and needs to go. No shame in that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Emery's win rate is 57%, similar to Wenger's over 22 years at 58%.

Pochetino's win rate is 55%. Mourinho's win rate with a much richer club at United was 58%.

People are definitely OTT about Emery. His game stats are at odds with his win rate, so either he's very very lucky or the game stats are not so significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom