• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makes me sad watching him play. Even if I was sceptic of him(yes I know how to spot talents) I was hoping 72 M prize tag would give us a little bit more than we have been seeing. Would have hoped he could at least be on prime Walcott level by now.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Makes me sad watching him play. Even if I was sceptic of him(yes I know how to spot talents) I was hoping 72 M prize tag would give us a little bit more than we have been seeing. Would have hoped he could at least be on prime Walcott level by now.

Some players take time. Surely Unais negative football aren't doing Pepe any favors either.

boyinneedofhumor

His movement didn't turn out as envisaged - roaming about and interchanging fluidly in/with a front 3.
To negate the absence of a "8" or "10".

The one who's showing that sort of movement atm, is Martinelli...

Not that I'm blaming Pepe though...

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He has moments were his dribbling is amazing...if Auba and Laca can get scoring again and we can sort out the midfield set up, even if Pepe doesn’t put up numbers he can still be a great out-ball for us like Hleb was...

...think a more man manager of a coach will bring the best out of Pepe, still very happy we have him.

Ah Hleb. What a player he was.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Biggest thing that worries me about Pepe is his touch and control are very erretic. But when you see him stick in a free kick like he has done, you know that....there is possibility to really grow in this area.

Also his movement is piss poor, just seems to stand aronud to wait for the ball and go sideways or backwards. Could learn a thing or two from Özil about creating space for yourself.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
That ball he tried putting in for laca was tragic. A simple pass that most top level players should play with ease. Worrying.

zilfy

I still have hope for him but what worries me is there hasn't been any noticeable improvement since the start of the season.
I know it takes time to adjust to PL, but ts not like it just "clicks" one day and a player goes from mediocre to amazing in not time at all. Theres surely an arc of improvement overtime, and I haven't seen it (freekicks aside)

Highbury

A very clumsy player. Apart from the set pieces, there are definite similarities between him and Gervinho. We can pretend it is all down to Emery but some of the stuff that he has messed up can only be down to individual shortcomings.

I am afraid he is either not cut for PL or has moved a little early.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Starting to get fairly impatient here. Needs to kick on soon or this is going to be considered one of the biggest dud buys of the decade next to Di Maria.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
At this point in his Arsenal career, Henry only had two goals, one less than Nico...let’s give Pepe some time.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Henry was brought into a team managed by prime Arsène, while Pepe was brought into a team that looks completely lost...I have seen flashes here and there that he could be quality.
True. I've seen flashes as well. Just desperate for something to be positive about

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Still believe in him, still think he's got massive talent.

Thats said, his play seems to be bipolar. Between amazing feats of ball control to absolutely shambolic first touches, with a bias towards the latter in recent games. But in all honesty what player does look like they have any technique in our lineups lately.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Still believe in him, still think he's got massive talent.

Thats said, his play seems to be bipolar. Between amazing feats of ball control to absolutely shambolic first touches, with a bias towards the latter in recent games. But in all honesty what player does look like they have any technique in our lineups lately.
We need to see this guys under a different manager.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

But did Henry look this lost?
Henry didn't even think he was a striker but he had a coadh that insisted he was one and a very good one .
You can tell Pepe hasn't even been worked with , more like go and make things happen . Half the time he doesnt even pass , can you imagine that happening under Wenger he would have got a bollocking from the sideline .

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Henry didn't even think he was a striker but he had a coadh that insisted he was one and a very good one .
You can tell Pepe hasn't even been worked with , more like go and make things happen . Half the time he doesnt even pass , can you imagine that happening under Wenger he would have got a bollocking from the sideline .
Yes, for all the 'wenger didn't coach', there's sure a lot more of it going on now

blrgooner

Established Member
I don`t really think the problem is with him as such. He needs to be used either like Hazard was used by Mourinho an Conte, or like Henry was used by us. So either we involve him one on one against the opposition defenders in midfield areas with space to dribble, or we play him up as a central striker and use his shooting capabilities. We are doing neither right now.
I think he will be a star in the future, We need some changes in the management and possibly in the team structure for that to happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom