• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

Conte/Arteta, Conte/Xabi Alonso, or Conte/Xavi would do me just fine.

I honestly don't think Arteta is ready for the job, at least for a while. He's really only being an assistant under Pep - which with that squad and their resources is not exactly struggle street - and I'd like to see him somewhere where there's not that kind of quality or resources. I'd really like an experienced hand - preferably experience in the league - with a good up and comer in support. An assistant manager is where I'm at with him. I think Vieira is much further along - he's done the assistant thing, and now he is managing at a resource-constrained club. Anyway, a few things for the AM role that stood out for each person I mentioned.

• Arteta - knows the league, affinity to the club, experience with a good club/manager;
  • Xabi Alonso - knows the league, big clubs have him on their radar;
  • Xavi - European experience, currently managing, has said that he doesn't want to play boring football but like Barcelona at their peak.
I don't know much about Ljungberg to be honest - appears to have come out of nowhere, but with less experience than

GDeep™

League is very weak
Conte/Arteta, Conte/Xabi Alonso, or Conte/Xavi would do me just fine.

I honestly don't think Arteta is ready for the job, at least for a while. He's really only being an assistant under Pep - which with that squad and their resources is not exactly struggle street - and I'd like to see him somewhere where there's not that kind of quality or resources. I'd really like an experienced hand - preferably experience in the league - with a good up and comer in support. An assistant manager is where I'm at with him. I think Vieira is much further along - he's done the assistant thing, and now he is managing at a resource-constrained club. Anyway, a few things for the AM role that stood out for each person I mentioned.

• Arteta - knows the league, affinity to the club, experience with a good club/manager;
  • Xabi Alonso - knows the league, big clubs have him on their radar;
  • Xavi - European experience, currently managing, has said that he doesn't want to play boring football but like Barcelona at their peak.
I don't know much about Ljungberg to be honest - appears to have come out of nowhere, but with less experience than
Wish list stuff mate. Conte isn’t leaving Inter, and Arteta isn’t leaving City or Pep for an assistant role at a bum club like Arsenal.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Gimme something new just for sake of being new. Look at the top teams in SA or Africa or Asia and take a manager from there. Just for the sake of something unexpected and new. Chaos. Is. A. Ladder.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Ok so the three best ranked teams in Africa is Esperance de Tunis, Al Ahly and TP Mazembe. Give me one of those lads and lets do this.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Why would Xavi or Xabi Alonso bother coming here honestly? They've been with Barca 3/4 of their lives each who have always been one of the top clubs in the world, I doubt they'd want to fall back to our current level all of a sudden. If they did they've never played here in England, the EPL is a fair bit bigger then the La Liga so I don't think they'd just be able to come straight in here.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think I'm all in on Arteta now. He won't be perfect but he will have us playing football and right now that's all I care about, we won't compete with City and Liverpool any time soon and I mean years so **** it.

ChefMan21

Why would Xavi or Xabi Alonso bother coming here honestly? They've been with Barca 3/4 of their lives each who have always been one of the top clubs in the world, I doubt they'd want to fall back to our current level all of a sudden. If they did they've never played here in England, the EPL is a fair bit bigger then the La Liga so I don't think they'd just be able to come straight in here.
Xabi Alonso played 140-150 games for Liverpool?

Xavi is perhaps the best Spanish footballer ever and he has recognised that to fulfil his ambition of managing Barcelona, he needs to take several steps along the way. Arsenal was Barcelona-lite for many years; I would love him here to help bring back those days.

9jagooner

How are you guys so sure about Arteta? Don't get me wrong, I don't have a view about him at the moment in either direction, but when you guys say he will have us playing football right now, what are we basing this on? Has he done this with ANY other club?

Mourinho was assistant to two attacking coaches (Robson and Van Gaal) yet his style of football is totally different from those two. Just an example.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Xabi Alonso played 140-150 games for Liverpool?

Xavi is perhaps the best Spanish footballer ever and he has recognised that to fulfil his ambition of managing Barcelona, he needs to take several steps along the way. Arsenal was Barcelona-lite for many years; I would love him here to help bring back those days.
Sorry I forgot Alonso had, still, I think they'd still have to go into an assistant role first.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I think I'm all in on Arteta now. He won't be perfect but he will have us playing football and right now that's all I care about, we won't compete with City and Liverpool any time soon and I mean years so **** it.
He will Will he? Based on not coaching a team in His entire life? Never having His own squad to manage?

He has zero merits and have done nothing. Except he played here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What’s with these boring circular Arteta debates?

One group don’t want him because he has no experience, which is fair.

The other group are open to him because he’s done his coaching badges, has experience coaching a top squad in a top league, has a dynamic footballing philosophy - high energy, attack based protagonist football, and is rated for his leadership and footballing brain by Wenger, Pep, Potch etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I wouldn’t be so open to Arteta and that risk, if the possible alternatives were not guys like Ancelotti, Benitez, Enrique etc. Pissing in the wind managers.

Also, unless you employ Klopp, Pep etc, most managers are a big a risk as Arteta.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I wouldn’t be so open to Arteta and that risk, if the possible alternatives were not guys like Ancelotti, Benitez, Enrique etc. Pissing in the wind managers.

Also, unless you employ Klopp, Pep etc, most managers are a big a risk as Arteta.

Enrique is not an option so forget about him. Why do you hate Benitez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom