• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Money helps, but it's not everything. Nobody is denying it makes a difference to a clubs chances of success. The club that spends say, 200m a year over a period of 3 years (600m) isn't guaranteed to do better than the club that spends 100m a year over the same period (300m. Now 300m is a huge difference on paper, but in an era where you can only get 3 or 4 top class players with 200m, management, scouting and lots of other factors come into play, and so it has proven, also.
Rather than guessing, read a book about it. 'Soccernomics', 'The numbers Game'. The statistical study of thousands of European matches showed money (squad cost, wages) can largely account for where teams end up in leagues. Managers only about 15% influence.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Putting all our eggs in one basket in terms of the Europa League and it's only November poverty stuff, don't want anyone referring to Raul as "Don Raul" ever again if he's unwilling to do what needs to be done.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Putting all our eggs in one basket in terms of the Europa League and it's only November poverty stuff, don't want anyone referring to Raul as "Don Raul" ever again if he's unwilling to do what needs to be done.
Same if he brings his mate Enrique in - we're not a poor man's Barcelona, ffs

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Losing to Leicester makes things pretty untanable for me. If true (big if) are we actually waiting until top four is out of reach?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I don't really trust Dean, but when does it become untenable? After that murderous December/January period? How much of a difference does it really make sacking him in November or January.

Tir Na Nog

He's lost the dressing room I feel, the board are trying to avoid making the decision and are kidding themselves at this point. Their just hoping he can turn it around so the decision doesn't have to be made. I'm sorry but I'm really turning on Raul and Josh now, they're bottling it big time. If they don't do if we lose to Leicester then they're public enemy number 1 for me.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don't really trust Dean, but when does it become untenable? After that murderous December/January period? How much of a difference does it really make sacking him in November or January.

Knowing our board we'll move once is too late. Think it ought to be done now, regardless of saturday's result.

Move now and MAYBE the manager bounce will see us pick up some form. This international break could also give the new guy two weeks to start getting things on track.

If somehow we don't manage to **** up this appointment, the new man could have us playing his way starting January, which could translate to one of those famous Wenger strong finishes we used to see.

Reactions: A_G

Tir Na Nog

Need Don Ivan back, at least he wasn't afraid to sack our greatest manager, if he was still here he'd have sacked Emery by now smh. @Kingslayer

GDeep™

League is very weak
Been saying for a while, Emery will keep his job as long as the team is floating around 4th.

We’ll float around 4th all season.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Losing to Leicester makes things pretty untanable for me. If true (big if) are we actually waiting until top four is out of reach?
Brighton, Sheffield, Bournmouth, Palace are all playing away this weekend. Even if we lose we may still stay in 5th position by some quirk of fate.

The board will never sack Emery while he's 5th and still in the EL and FA Cup. United and Sp**s are 10th and 11th and they haven't sacked their managers yet.

But if he drops to 10th or below in coming weeks and Sp**s, United start rising, that's when the board will act.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Need Don Ivan back, at least he wasn't afraid to sack our greatest manager, if he was still here he'd have sacked Emery by now smh. @Kingslayer

I chose Arteta, but most of you unwashed peons freaked out, so I put Emery in place knowing you'd all end up begging for Mikel even after my death.

2m4mkz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom