• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Brighton, Sheffield, Bournmouth, Palace are all playing away this weekend. Even if we lose we may still stay in 5th position by some quirk of fate.

The board will never sack Emery while he's 5th and still in the EL and FA Cup. United and Sp**s are 10th and 11th and they haven't sacked their managers yet.

But if he drops to 10th or below in coming weeks and Sp**s, United start rising, that's when the board will act.

Potch got them to an European final, so that buys him time. Ole's... well, I think United have already written this season off and we'll keep the powder dry for Allegri/Potch in the summer.

But knowing our board, you're probably somewhat right. They'll look at the others and believe they'll **** up more than us and that maybe we'll get another EL final. I'm sure that strategy is not going to fail twice, right?

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

"Can't afford" is quite alarming though.

What if his position becomes untenable next month? If we can't afford to sack him this month then I seriously wonder if we can next month. Are we that skint? Had a quick Google and his salary is reported as 500,000 a month so I wonder at what point we can afford to pay him off.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Realistically, if you look at this from a strategic point of view, sacking Unai makes very little sense.

Spot on from the club to play the long game with Bumnai.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I chose Arteta, but most of you unwashed peons freaked out, so I put Emery in place knowing you'd all end up begging for Mikel even after my death.

2m4mkz.jpg
The lovers of attacking football, City style, and want a good guy in charge are prepared to take a gamble on Mikel.

But those whose bad guy radar is broken and want to try and win at all cost, even with boring football, are prepared to tolerate the Portuguese Toxic One. :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
The lovers of attacking football, City style, and want a good guy in charge are prepared to take a gamble on Mikel.

But those whose bad guy radar is broken and want to try and win at all cost, even with boring football, are prepared to tolerate the Portuguese Toxic One. :lol:

Naive people vs realists more like it

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The thing is, Jose wouldn't even be able to do his win at all costs stuff here because we don't have the finances to get close to City or Liverpool and they're miles ahead currently in all areas. Furthermore Pep and Klopp are both better managers than Mourinho in any case, as proven in recent times because United certainly didn't spend a whole lot less than either of those two clubs Mourinho just couldn't put it together and the players just weren't buying his win at all costs nonsense, because they weren't winning.

If he came here it'd be win at all costs for a while, heck we might even get an EL win if we're lucky but eventually if we're not competing at the top the players will get bored and we'll be left with a massive headache and Mourinho will do what he usually does and try get himself the sack.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The thing is, Jose wouldn't even be able to do his win at all costs stuff here because we don't have the finances to get close to City or Liverpool and they're miles ahead currently in all areas. Furthermore Pep and Klopp are both better managers than Mourinho in any case, as proven in recent times because United certainly didn't spend a whole lot less than either of those two clubs Mourinho just couldn't put it together and the players just weren't buying his win at all costs nonsense, because they weren't winning.

If he came here it'd be win at all costs for a while, heck we might even get an EL win if we're lucky but eventually if we're not competing at the top the players will get bored and we'll be left with a massive headache and Mourinho will do what he usually does and try get himself the sack.
Perfect summing up. The 'spending one' supporters should read that and weep.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

A defensive mindset that leads to victory isnt as expensive as a total free flowing beautiful yadda yadda

Look at Leicester

A tactical simple yet efficient game can be played with role-players

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I can't fathom thinking like that. I'll go out, drive a car but won't put a seatbelt on until after i've crashed at least once, that's what Trax is saying. Also the other argument for not sacking him, who else is there, is total bogus. You either make someone available or get someone who can do the ****ing basics right.

Steps

I don't believe this "can't afford to sack him" business for one second. Give me a break. If he got it from anyone reliable it is simply a rumor put out by the club to try to appear as if they are backing the coach/giving him a chance.

Ridiculous trying to get us to believe that we can't spot, what was the number, 10M, to sack a coach who will cost us far more in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom