• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There's nothing to look forward to in regard to Arsenal Football Club at the moment, people talk about the promising youngsters but will we ever have a manager who'll be able to use them in the correct way, integrate them right? Or will keep with Emery or appoint a Enrique/Benitez type who'll prioritise immediate results? If we're crying poverty over a 6 million compensation for Emery then what does that say about our budget for January? It should be an opportunity to kick on but I don't think we'll do much while Chelsea might be free to strengthen then if their appeal is successful. United might make a couple of additions and things might click, Sp**s too. Things could get really ugly.

OneAW!

Ive been saying from the start Emery isn't good enough for us. Time to bring Wenger back.

ONE Arsène Wenger!

That is if Bayern don't beat us to the punch.

NZgunner

Quick question to you guys.

Would you say we are in more mess now than in Wenger final year? On the field and off?

Almost a rhetorical question, but there are different ways of looking at it.

Whatever the difficulties and shortcomings right now, it was right to have ended Wenger's tenure. I'd rather be failing with Emery than failing with Wenger because making the decision to break with Wenger was huge for the club and now we don't have to go through that again - breaking with Emery won't be anywhere near as traumatic.

I think that a different manager could probably work with the current squad (minus 2 or 3) and craft it into something a lot better than it is now because we won't have a long legacy to have to work around.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Almost a rhetorical question, but there are different ways of looking at it.

Whatever the difficulties and shortcomings right now, it was right to have ended Wenger's tenure. I'd rather be failing with Emery than failing with Wenger because making the decision to break with Wenger was huge for the club and now we don't have to go through that again - breaking with Emery won't be anywhere near as traumatic.

I think that a different manager could probably work with the current squad (minus 2 or 3) and craft it into something a lot better than it is now because we won't have a long legacy to have to work around.
Very true. The inevitable had to be at some point. Emery is a blip, parting with Wenger was a colossal event because of his impact on the club.
Having said that, the sooner we rip the current bandaid off the better

MikeVinna

Established Member
Wenger for half a season would be great. That is if he’s purely managing and not running the club on the side..

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ive been saying from the start Emery isn't good enough for us. Time to bring Wenger back.

ONE Arsène Wenger!

That is if Bayern don't beat us to the punch.
Yeah, right through from 2004 to 2016 you always felt Wenger could win the league and some years he was really close, no matter what the club spent, when Chelsea and United were at their spending height. Even so, he gave us continuous CL and a stack of FA cups

Those days are long gone. There was only one Arsène Wenger.

say yes

forum master baiter
Quick question to you guys.

Would you say we are in more mess now than in Wenger final year? On the field and off?
Squad is in significantly better shape, and the management structure has improved too. Also a lot of youth coming through. And we’re wearing Adidas. So a lot better for me.

Manager-wise there’s not much difference. Wenger wasn’t good enough and needed to go. Emery isn’t good enough and needs to go.

Not too fussed tbh. Emery won’t be the last dud manager we hire. Just need to move on quickly now we’ve recognised his faults. The greatest problem with the Wenger era was that we stuck with somebody we knew was past it for far too long. I’m happy as long as we don’t make that mistake again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom