• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The tactics thread

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

People said it was part of Emerys tactics. I remember that. Also that it was because we have super talented finishers. I remember seeing from during the run that our xG was alarmingly low for a top 6 side.

Often wonder how many goals we would have scored in that period if our XG was a little higher :lol:.

Yeah a lot of people heaped scorn when XG was brought up . Meanwhile the ship was already starting to leak . Wemger talked a lot about XG in our final season and how we faced very few good chances against us but curiously conceded from those and that he felt that would correct itself over the long run .

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
People said it was part of Emerys tactics. I remember that. Also that it was because we have super talented finishers. I remember seeing from during the run that our xG was alarmingly low for a top 6 side.

They also said, he's a master technician, as he's able to turn the games upside down, due to our wins coming in second half.

Clearly ignoring the fact that the initial plan failed (not being in a winning position for a very long period in 1st half) and then through abnormal XG in second half, we won several games.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This has probably been posted before, but didn't see it until now myself. It's just absolutely dreadful. If this is correct and you are the coach you really have to have a real look in the mirror and ask yourself what the hell you are doing. I know it can be hard to change at times, but this clearly isn't working.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This has probably been posted before, but didn't see it until now myself. It's just absolutely dreadful. If this is correct and you are the coach you really have to have a real look in the mirror and ask yourself what the hell you are doing. I know it can be hard to change at times, but this clearly isn't working.

I saw the latest interview with him , he has looked in the mirror and decided everyone else is to blame . He even named Koscielny at fault for the Captaincy debacle.

blrgooner

Established Member
Wow

Virtually nothing from the CMs in to the strikers
Exactly. If we take average position of the opposition team you can place 4 defenders and 4 midfielders from the opposition between our CMs and strikers. This obviously means that we don`t have any passing lines from midfield to strikers. Its incredible how bad our system is.
This also makes Saka and Pepe look worse then they are because when they get the ball, they have no passing options either. They have to either try and dribble past 3 players or play a simple 6 yard free pass to our fullbacks

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Just finished watching Chelsea beat CP 2-0. Heard the commentators mention that Chelsea hadn’t conceded a single shot on target in their last 3 home games... and we concede 10-20 in each game. Just awfully depressing that our manager cannot a have some defensive solidity whatsoever despite not really playing offensive football either.

Last edited:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Now that makes you weep. What a brilliant piece of football, look at the turn from Fabregas and especially the diagonal run from Walcott to open up huge space so Nasri can pull the trigger.

Under the current ****, we never see plays like this where our goals come from attacking through the middle with short passes. It's always Kola Cutbak FC. It's f**** depressing how bad we are.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Now that makes you weep. What a brilliant piece of football, look at the turn from Fabregas and especially the diagonal run from Walcott to open up huge space so Nasri can pull the trigger.

Under the current ****, we never see plays like this where our goals come from attacking through the middle with short passes. It's always Kola Cutbak FC. It's f**** depressing how bad we are.

Fabregas completely spinning ratface Neville is my fav moment!

GoonerJay24

That team, whilst not having great characters, could play some sensational football at times. We're never going to have it that good again in terms of playing style.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That team, whilst not having great characters, could play some sensational football at times. We're never going to have it that good again in terms of playing style.
Wenger teams always had a good spirit despite lacking quality and leadership at times.

Riou

Wenger teams always had a good spirit despite lacking quality and leadership at times.

Think we needed more experienced British players in the team between 2006-2011, after Sol and Cole left we just lacked that little something to compete with the very best (though we did give it a damn good go!)

Remember wanting Hargreaves and Woodgate in the summer of 2006.

Trofton

Wandered what your thoughts were on putting chambers into a DCM role like he was at Fulham and won player of the year alongside Kolasinac he’s big and strong and likes to go forward have chambers as the holding player finally get Tierney left Luiz cb Eu thy holding and Bellerin it sounds defensive but I reckon that’s a great starting point with how we are at the moment a few weeks training chambers and kolas in there together I reckon we’d be solid
I see you talking about firmino I don’t think we have a player like this we miss a player like Ramsey who runs behind the lines and take players away if play Aub in the CF with Pepe RW and laca LW I know he doesn’t like it but he can cut in and shoot more then AUB does

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Wandered what your thoughts were on putting chambers into a DCM role like he was at Fulham and won player of the year alongside Kolasinac he’s big and strong and likes to go forward have chambers as the holding player finally get Tierney left Luiz cb Eu thy holding and Bellerin it sounds defensive but I reckon that’s a great starting point with how we are at the moment a few weeks training chambers and kolas in there together I reckon we’d be solid
Kola and Chambers in a double pivot CM? Hmmmm I don't know man, seems far fetched. It would need a great defensive striker (a false 6) to make it work. Mustafi up front maybe?

Riou

How would you fix our midfield issue?

Wilshere and Ramsey were outstanding for me as a pair in FM 15, shame it couldn’t work in real life.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom