• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This could be one of the more exciting or all time terrible international breaks. If he’s sacked excitement and the unknown awaits. If he’s kept in the job I’ll want the international break to never end.

Our own little mid-season silly season. New manager straight into the January window!

LG10

Wish Nagelsmann was realistic, we’d play amazing stuff under him with these players. Hope the club at least gives him a call.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When you're talking about Benitez and Enrique you start to ask yourself are these guys really better than Emery? Like in some aspects perhaps but in general they're all around the same level. None of them you'd want if you're building a side that wants to start seriously competing again. You'd probably run into the same problems at some point, things get a bit stale pretty quickly, performances drop and then results drop, are any of these the type of managers to really keep the dressing room on side when things get tough? I don't know really, all uninspiring options, you know what you're gonna get and it's not gonna be anything close to when Klopp walking into Liverpool for example.

Ideally you want someone with a bit of personality to shake things up, bring new ideas and really get the players onside and buying in their beliefs pretty quickly. I was pretty much on the new manager needed no matter what front but I kinda revising that at the moment seeing the realistic suggestions or looking at the ones without clubs at the moment and I'm just not that excited by many of the names there.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
that’s okay, but i have my reasons.

chelsea had more points, won more games, conceded far less goals, and in spite of their supposed defensive approach, they only scored 1 goal less than the invincibles.

keeping the above in mind, 1 defeat compared to 0 is not that big of a factor for the invincibles to be considered a better side.

I'm of course biased but to me there is something really special to go an entire league season unbeaten. It hasn't been done in the modern game in this country. You have to go back more than a century to find the only other team to have managed such a feat.

Chelsea might have had more points, less conceded etc but the invincibles are the only team you can look at the losses column and see a 0 next to it. That to me highlights the uniqueness and difficulty of their achievement. You can describe that Arsenal team with one word 'invincibles' and straight away everyone will know the exact team you mean.

That Chelsea side while impressive don't have the same status. Their losses column has 1 in it, same like a few other teams. In fact Liverpool just last season only lost 1 game. Their points total have also been broken. Only goals conceded is still standing.

Man city got 100 points 2 season ago. Some people find that more impressive than going unbeaten. Not for me. Imo 100 points will be broken before another team goes unbeaten.

Kav

Established Member
It is both puzzling and hilarious to see people argue so vehemently about who should be our next coach/ Manager on this forum.

It's as if they believe we have a choice in the next candidate or personnel. We don't.

People arguing as if their views actually matter is interesting to read as an observer. I like the interest shown by us fans.

Having said that. No matter who is chosen their will be naysayers and dissent. Right now we can only hope the board sees the light and first get rid of Mr Emery. Then we can talk about the other stuff.

For the record Bielsa, nagelsman, marcelinho and ancellotti or Benitez would all be a better pick than Arteta. Even Mourinho but we know what baggage he comes with and we should avoid that. Every manager will have a downside as well.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'm of course biased but to me there is something really special to go an entire league season unbeaten. It hasn't been done in the modern game in this country. You have to go back more than a century to find the only other team to have managed such a feat.

Chelsea might have had more points, less conceded etc but the invincibles are the only team you can look at the losses column and see a 0 next to it. That to me highlights the uniqueness and difficulty of their achievement. You can describe that Arsenal team with one word 'invincibles' and straight away everyone will know the exact team you mean.

That Chelsea side while impressive don't have the same status. Their losses column has 1 in it, same like a few other teams. In fact Liverpool just last season only lost 1 game. Their points total have also been broken. Only goals conceded is still standing.

Man city got 100 points 2 season ago. Some people find that more impressive than going unbeaten. Not for me. Imo 100 points will be broken before another team goes unbeaten.

Probably the same though

Balboa

It is both puzzling and hilarious to see people argue so vehemently about who should be our next coach/ Manager on this forum.

It's as if they believe we have a choice in the next candidate or personnel. We don't.

People arguing as if their views actually matter is interesting to read as an observer. I like the interest shown by us fans.

Literally 95% of this entire forum, not just this particular thread. The forum is full of fantasists....

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I have a new preferred candidate: Ralf Rangnick.
He can speak english, should be quite easy to get and is a highly rated and interesting coach.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ffs, I know AFCAMDEN is not exactly prime source anymore, but if that's true that we cannot afford to throw out Emery with 1,5 years left o his hintract unless they aren't totally forced to do so... :frustrated:

zilfy

Emery on our season so far:

I’m not really disappointed with our work,” he said. “I am being realistic because some circumstances did not help us to achieve the best emotional balance. Özil’s circumstances, Kolasinac, Laurent Koscielny’s circumstance. Remember also that, if he was here, the captain would be Koscielny and that would give us no problem. Then also, Xhaka’s circumstance.”

Remember guys to go easy on poor old emery, cos none our poor form has anything to do with him. Anything at all:D

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need to be realistic about where we are, what it would cost to make changes, both financially and from an opportunity cost perspective.

Yes, we are dogshit at the moment relatively speaking. However its not beyond the point of season recovery. For one thing Emery has answered the question on whether he has a future here, and for me the answer to that question is no. So he should be leaving at the end of this season at the latest.

Financially it wouldnt be difficult to speculate on what we can do with Emery's contract at this stage of the season. Im confident that the numbers would not be in our favour if we had to pay him out now. Not impossible but likely a cost we shouldnt be incurring, and instead continue to work smartly as we build our first team.

From an opportunistic standpoint is where I see us losing the most. It is absolutely critical that the club heeds the shotgun approach of Manchester United before us and does what it takes not to repeat those mistakes. We need to identify the right person for the job and make our move for them. That likely means going for someone in the summer who is proven at the highest level under circumstances similar to that here at Arsenal, young, dynamic and committed to an "Arsenal of old quality of attacking football" and competence in tactical planning and good defensive organisation.

This immediately disqualifies someone like Allegri, Mourinho and even Simeone for me. Managers that stand out for me would be the likes of Brendan Rodgers (Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic, Leicester), Julian Nagelsman (Hoffenheim, RB Leipzig), Thomas Tuchel (Mainz, Dortmund, PSG), Lucien Favre (Hertha Berlin, Gladbach, Nice, Dortmund).

I think the best case for us, if the financial aspect is manageable, would be to send Emery packing soon, and give the job to an interim someone who can guide us over the 4th placed line at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Ashybashy86

The players still don't have a clue what to do 18 months in. That's an Emery problem, not the players. If it was simply because of a language barrier, things would be improving - albeit slowly. His system is just crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom