• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester vs Arsenal | KO:17:30 | Saturday 9th November | Sky Sports

Which of these will happen first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Liverpool in 13/14 were good with it, Chelsea scored a ton of goals in the league in 09/10 playing that system in many games.

Sterling and Malouda were quality wide players though, who could stretch the play if needed...Emery always seems to go for four complete CMs, which really hinders us in that formation.

Even Anelka and Coutinho could play well out wide even if not natural wingers, like when Arsène would play the likes of Rosicky outwide and he would still be quality, none of our current playmakers have the athleticism to play there.

Last edited:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
For some reason I feel we will win this because Unai will somehow manage to get the win and keep his job, however, the best thing would be us winning in a really ****ty way and fans being upset even though we won and then Unai getting the axe and us letting Freddie handle it until the end of the season then we see Paddy or Arteta come in.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah I think that adage is a load of old tosh. You don't get to win titles by defending well only, you have to have both a good defence and a good attack to win things regularly.
You clearly don't understand the saying then. Ferguson was not negating the need for good strikers but rather he was reiterating the need for a good defense in a title challenging team. The whole point of it is that there are certain games and periods within a season where the going gets tough and you have to grind out difficult results to get points. It's essentially the same concept as wengers 'if you can't win, don't lose'... but bizarre that I've had to explain this to people, i thought it was deeply implied by the fact that the person who said this sent his teams out to attack

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
What formation do we think he’ll go with today then? I’m thinking three at the back because he don’t have enough midfielders available to play a three man midfield or a diamond. Torreira and Guendouzi are going to get dominated by Maddison/Ndidi/Tielemans.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

What formation do we think he’ll go with today then? I’m thinking three at the back because he don’t have enough midfielders available to play a three man midfield or a diamond. Torreira and Guendouzi are going to get dominated by Maddison/Ndidi/Tielemans.

1-8-1

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah.Their midfield is so much better and more experienced than ours, I can't see us being anything but over run by Maddison, Ndidi and Tielemanns.

With Xhaka and Ceballos out, the only thing Emery can do today is bring in Holding and use Luiz as DM, as Chelsea did occasionally. Guendouzi and Willock are too inexperienced and Torreira too small.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah.Their midfield is so much better and more experienced than ours, I can't see us being anything but over run by Maddison, Ndidi and Tielemanns.

With Xhaka and Ceballos out, the only thing Emery can do today is bring in Holding and use Luiz as DM, as Chelsea did occasionally. Guendouzi and Willock are too inexperienced and Torreira too small.

This is a good point, I fear for our midfield today. Willock and Guendouzi could have their confidence shattered if they're left chasing shadows. It's so sad we're in a position where Leicester have the superior midfield. We've no one who can put their foot on the ball, well we do but it's better to boo him and send his family death threats instead.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is a good point, I fear for our midfield today. Willock and Guendouzi could have their confidence shattered if they're left chasing shadows. It's so sad we're in a position where Leicester have the superior midfield. We've no one who can put their foot on the ball, well we do but it's better to boo him and send his family death threats instead.
We have a lot of potential in our squad, but inexperience in midfield, injuries and poor CBs have caused us grief, irrespective of Emery.

Lets hope we can plug the holes next year. But I wouldn't put it past our management to spend £70m on another forward, sell Xhaka and bring in another wannabe to replace him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We have a lot of potential in our squad, but inexperience in midfield, injuries and poor CBs have caused us grief, irrespective of Emery.

Lets hope we can plug the holes next year. But I wouldn't put it past our management to spend £70m on another forward, sell Xhaka and bring in another wannabe to replace him.

Yep, seen it so many times, it's actually incredible how much we neglect the important areas. I mean 72 million on Pepe is nice but when we're crying out for a CB and our only solution is 8 million on Luiz then you have to start asking questions. We take so many short-cuts. You have to look at Liverpool and their transfer strategy in terms of how to build a team, even with Coutinho financing a lot of it. They prioritised the likes of Van Dijk, Fabinho and Alisson to strengthen their spine.

Preacher

Always Crying
I used free hit on FPL and forgot that you can't use triple captain with it together. Gutted. Vardy hat-trick incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom