• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What I learn from this that emery really bad at handling these kind of situations with the media.

Also for people saying that emery throw xhaka under bus they maybe bit wrong emery always trusted xhaka he made him captain taken him off in tow stright games when we wanted to score goals is not wrong all managers do that.

I think xhaka won't play for us again and he'll desperately looking to leave in January it'll be good for both parties

Balboa

If he's sold then it should've been for footballing reasons, i.e because he's very average and extremely error prone. If he does move on then we can draw a line under this sorry scenario. I suspect some of his fans will hold a grudge for a very long time though....

Does he have any fans? I thought the situation was that barely any fans rate him as a player? I've barely heard anyone defending him in terms of his ability to be a starter moving forward.

I thought it was widely assumed he was next in line to be benched or moved on, after the moves in the summer with Ramsey, Kosielny, Monreal, Mhki, Iwobi, Welbeck, Elnenny, Lichtsteiner, Jenks, Cech, Ospina, Suarez, Bielik. Mustafi & Özil sidelined.

When you look at the length of that list, it's not exactly rocket science to see why the club had to wait longer to phase Xhaka out and they probably knew there's a good chance Emery won't be in charge for the next summer transfer window so they'd want scope for a new manager to have input into how the midfield shapes up.

Last edited:

Steps

xkWCrJ9.jpg

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Leaves in January.

This is a mess of Emery's making because he's an utter *****.

Stannis

Regardless of how poor a player is, this isn’t how they should leave a club.

All it does is unfairly put the club and fans in a negative light.

Emery didn’t have any easy choices here, but he has just completely stuffed it up. I don’t think it helped that he took so long to confirm Xhaka as captain as well.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He’s not completely wrong.

I hope Xhaka sticks around so the rabid fans don’t just find another player to blame for our poor form.

Arsenal fans love a scapegoat. Kolasinac would be next on the list but I assume he’s earned some good will with the mugging situation. But Arsenal fans always look for someone to blame for the issues, at least when Arsène was still here we gad someone to blame.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Arsenal fans love a scapegoat. Kolasinac would be next on the list but I assume he’s earned some good will with the mugging situation. But Arsenal fans always look for someone to blame for the issues, at least when Arsène was still here we gad someone to blame.
Could also be that some players aren't good enough.. like koscielny ;)

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Every fanbase of high-level teams is like this though. This isn't something unique to arsenal.

BigPoppaPump

Every fanbase of high-level teams is like this though. This isn't something unique to arsenal.

I dunno tbh, I think Arsenal fans are worse than others. Man United and Sp**s are as bad as us this season and they aint scapegoating as much. At least United fans are consistent with the hate of Glazers we blame someone else every couple of months.

What happened to the Kronke hate and protests? Oh he brought Pepe i guess that fixes everything halt the marches and protests.

BigPoppaPump

If after the booing incident you had asked me to imagine the worst possible way Emery could handle this, I wouldn’t have been able to come up with anything close to how he’s actually handled it.

“Never play for the club again” wtf. :lol:

Seeing how he handled this and he Özil situation shows how bad his man management is as a player I wouldn’t respect him.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I dunno tbh, I think Arsenal fans are worse than others. Man United and Sp**s are as bad as us this season and they aint scapegoating as much. At least United fans are consistent with the hate of Glazers we blame someone else every couple of months.

What happened to the Kronke hate and protests? Oh he brought Pepe i guess that fixes everything halt the marches and protests.

Are you kidding? You haven't been to many football matches, have you? Try Real Madrid, if you can.

Last edited:

Keplaz

He knew it was over as he walked off the pitch. Whilst his initial reaction was spur of the moment, the aftermath wasn't.

If he still wanted to play for us, there would have been remorse straight after. Even his words were carefully chosen. I understand there are idiots in our fanbase, but the guys abusing him online aren't necessarily the ones that booed him.

He has played very badly and never really settled properly for us. He has become the symbol of Emery's tactical ineptitude, which isn't his fault, and I don't think people will get behind him again, not whilst Emery is in charge.

The booing isn't great but he chose to walk slowly off the pitch when we were chasing a win. I think he's unhappy with the coach as well as the fans, and I think it would be best for him to just leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom