• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He needs to play in a team that counter attacks.

It’s as simple as that.

He needs to play in a team that can get the ball to him in dangerous areas. Most of the times when he gets the ball he's incredibly isolated and near the half-way line. Mainly because our attacking structure is so bad. If our buildup play was better and we had better movement, we could draw players out giving Pepe more space to cause damage when giving him the ball in dangerous areas. Also feel he could benefit from having Bellerin too as it gives the opposition something else to worry about down that side, which again might either create space for Pepe to do some damage or Pepe might in turn create space for Bellerin to exploit.

But at the moment we play in such a disjointed way that even thinking about this sort of stuff is pointless, tho even a half decent coach would be capable of accomplishing a better attacking structure than Emery.

Moah

And for all that say Zaha is a better player, watch more games of his other than vs Arsenal and you'll see we have got the better player without a doubt.

Reactions: roz

Polar Bear

Emery clearly doesn't think Pepe is good enough, the real test was today because it was a must win and Emery knew that if we lose the pressure will be huge on him and it could cost him his job, and yet he doesn't play Pepe and only brings him on very late when the game is lost, he clearly doesn't rate him at all.. its beyond obvious to me now.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
And for all that say Zaha is a better player, watch more games of his other than vs Arsenal and you'll see we have got the better player without a doubt.
Um sorry but how is this. Pepe has produced bugger all for us.. Zaha is having a bad season but has been a consistent threat for palace in recent years.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

He's not ready to play but he needs to play in order to be ready to play

giphy.gif

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Emery clearly doesn't think Pepe is good enough, the real test was today because it was a must win and Emery knew that if we lose the pressure will be huge on him and it could cost him his job, and yet he doesn't play Pepe and only brings him on very late when the game is lost, he clearly doesn't rate him at all.. its beyond obvious to me now.
Emery doesn't like players who don't play by his instructions and that will always include Özil, Ceballos, Pepe and some of the younger players. I feel that sometimes he will set the formation just to show to people why Özil doesn't play. Sit at the back with 5 defenders and let Özil or Pepe chase the ball! That's not their game and that's why they struggle here

Moah

Um sorry but how is this. Pepe has produced bugger all for us.. Zaha is having a bad season but has been a consistent threat for palace in recent years.
I understand that but Zaha would also be having the same struggle if he was in our team. All I'm saying is that he isn't 20m more worth than Pepe. Plus he's a bit older.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Both are good in their own way. Pepe probably has more to his game maybe, but I think Zaha is more direct and plays with a higher intensity.

Both have issues now though, Pepe is playing for a useless manager and Zaha mainly plays like a RB for Palace.

Jakarta

I was team Zaha in the summer. I hope Pepe comes good, but atm Zaha would've made a big difference to our attack.

A on fire Zaha on the left wing sends fear and panic to opposition defences.

He has that power and directness that Pepe seems to lack.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
There's something to Pepe, but he'll never live up to 70M fee. Needs to find that productivity in the final third that made him such a good player in France. But I'm starting to fear that h'es not a good fit for the PL.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Something wrong with him and it's clear confidence look so low but nothing clear because most players look bad this season because of coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom