• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The all things positive thread

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Things are pretty bad at the moment (this goes without saying), but we've got 4,003 topics outlining the features of this.

In this topic, let's try and focus on the things that can give us a bit of hope in either the immediate and/or long term future.

I'll start, between Douzi, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Nelson, Nketiah and Martinelli, we have amongst the best crop of young attacking players in Europe.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

Point two, Bellerin and Tierney have both looked brilliant going forward. Can see both chipping in with assists.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Martinelli for me is hugely positive. I have to admit I'm usually on board for threads like this but it's really hard at the moment.
Emery has hardly given Martinelli a chance in the PL though & at this stage I reckon he is looking a class better then Lacazette. Martinelli is certainly a positive though, probably Tierney aswell.

truth_hurts

Emery has hardly given Martinelli a chance in the PL though & at this stage I reckon he is looking a class better then Lacazette. Martinelli is certainly a positive though, probably Tierney aswell.

It is becoming harder and harder for Martinelli not to get more first team involvement. There is a cold, British winter incoming, but next year I could see Martinelli starting frequently.

As you've alluded too, Martinelli is arguably in our best front 3 at the moment.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Tierney

Bellerin and holding returning from serious injuries even if they're not back to their best

Martinelli cup form

Auba goals

Pepe free-kicks v Vitoria

tcahill

Chambers quietly having a solid start to the season.

Pepe showing signs of his quality.

Heccy B is back.

Actually created some chances against Leicester's strong defence.

Growing competition for the CB spots as Holding returns, Mustafi looking solid and Chambers losing RB to Bellerin.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still better than Sp**s.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The only positive, as far as I'm concerned, is that Unai will definitely be evicted from his post sometime within the next 8 months.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Biggest positive is Guendouzi looking like a lion. Game still has flaws, but his personality, character, fighting spirit, passion etc is elite - you can’t teach this.

It's so clear he needs a proper coach to help with the fine tuning of his game tho, it'd also help if he was playing alongside more experienced lads. Like when Vieira came he was playing Petit and Parlour with the back 5 behind, Bergkamp in front, etc. Fabregas came into the invicibles team initially alongside Vieira, then partnered with Gilberto and learned so much playing alongside them. Guendouzi's under extremely difficult circumstances here, it's a credit to him that he's doing as well but he needs help.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Biggest positive is Guendouzi looking like a lion. Game still has flaws, but his personality, character, fighting spirit, passion etc is elite - you can’t teach this.

Where does Guendouzi rank against other teen midfielders we had in the past?

The Cescs, The Wilsheres etc...his game seems a little too messy to be elite to me, great personality though.

Top Bottom