• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black240

I suspect Arsenal’s senior management will already be looking at and sounding out options for a replacement. They will be cautious though. You never know, although unlikely, we could go on a long unbeaten run after the international break.

I think they will see how it goes and if there is no discernible improvement they will let him go prior to the next transfer window in January. They will be discussing and agreeing on areas for improvement and players to be let go with the new manager even before Emery is pushed.

I have no evidence to support this thinking but suspect they’ll hedge their bets, but they will also be making plans. Silly not to really.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This baffles me a little bit. Why would anyone want to come here to be here for just 6 months?
It happens. Benetiz took a similar deal when he took over from Di Matteo at Chelsea on November, he helped them to win Europa and left in May. About 5 months. Personally, we should consider it, you know what you're getting with Benetiz and most importantly we can take a proper look at the managerial candidates.

For Benetiz, I'm sure they'll be a healthy payout in his name, a chance to manage a big club again, another Europa title, a short term commitment etc.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
It happens. Benetiz took a similar deal when he took over from Di Matteo at Chelsea on November, he helped them to win Europa and left in May. About 5 months. Personally, we should consider it, you know what you're getting with Benetiz and most importantly we can take a proper look at the managerial candidates.

For Benetiz, I'm sure they'll be a healthy payout in his name, a chance to manage a big club again, another Europa title, a short term commitment etc.

Its Benitez for fvcks sake.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Its Benitez for fvcks sake.
I know but we've f#cked ourselves by signing Emery. This is just damage limitation. We need to get back into the CL, otherwise, it's gonna hurt us big time financially, especially after the summer we just had. Besides I'm only asking for a 6 month contract. He's not toxic like Mourinho, it's way too soon for Enrique to get back into work and I don't think a man who is grieving should be going to currently toxic atmosphere as we have right now, and Benetiz has more experience than Freddie and Arteta.

ASIF

Just give it Freddie for the rest of the season.
Pep Guardiola could be sacked by city at the end of the season.Pep wanted to come to Arsenal at one time.Not sure if he is upto it anymore thou.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Just give it Freddie for the rest of the season.
Pep Guardiola could be sacked by city at the end of the season.Pep wanted to come to Arsenal at one time.Not sure if he is upto it anymore thou.

i don't think guardiola would risk his legacy at Arsenal.
the squad isn't strong enough or don't have the right players to play his philosophy.
And we can't give him £200M every summer to build his dream team.

remains

I want Emery sacked but the replacement options look dire at the moment. Suppose you could give it to Freddie till the end of the season but it’s a huge task and if he can’t turn it round it will be a black mark on his CV right at the start of his coaching career, which would be unfair on him.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I know but we've f#cked ourselves by signing Emery. This is just damage limitation. We need to get back into the CL, otherwise, it's gonna hurt us big time financially, especially after the summer we just had. Besides I'm only asking for a 6 month contract. He's not toxic like Mourinho, it's way too soon for Enrique to get back into work and I don't think a man who is grieving should be going to currently toxic atmosphere as we have right now, and Benetiz has more experience than Freddie and Arteta.
What do you mean "you know"? He's talking about the spelling of Benitez.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

When does Balague post his weekly YouTube video or whatever it is? Could be interesting

I think he’s posting it up later today.

It should be interesting as he’s the real ITK these days. Got a feeling he’s going to tweak the news for his boy Raul though.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I think he’s posting it up later today.

It should be interesting as he’s the real ITK these days. Got a feeling he’s going to tweak the news for his boy Raul though.
Nah, he's just gonna confirm Emery is staying for now.
And a kiss of death from my boy Fabrizio:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If they are determined to write off the season already, they could just give Freddie some management experience.

Granted, the fee to sack Emery, is probably what is holding the board back.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Ljungberg? iPad merchant.

"Before matches, Ljungberg will often take the likes of Saka, Willcok and Reiss Nelson aside and talk them through specific instructions on an iPad..."

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/16/freddie-ljungberg-enhancing-chances-succeeding-unai-emery-10929462/

But seriously, here's some stuff that gives an idea of how he'd coach:

https://talksport.com/football/4975...rsenal-under-23s-boss-compared-pep-guardiola/

https://arseblog.news/2019/05/ljungberg-deserves-credit-as-arsenal-u23s-finish-second/

https://www.arsenal.com/news/ljungberg-was-exactly-how-we-want-play

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So looks they don't want to get rid of him because of lack of good managers to take over? But still think Arteta is good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom