• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players 'carrying' Arsenal

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Song should be on that list

He didnt lead us to the same level as those mentioned in the op. But he was immense for us 3 seasons, even after Cesc et al left...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We’ve needed a player like Gilberto for over a decade.

That’s why I don’t rate Flamini, cost us both Gilberto (admittedly aging, but still very useful) and Diarra (who was better than Flam imo) in the space of six months...then Flamini ****ed off for free anyway!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Henry and RVP. If anyone carried us it was them.

Cesc was phenomenal but he had a few silky guys around him that contributed to that beautiful football.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That’s why I don’t rate Flamini, cost us both Gilberto (admittedly aging, but still very useful) and Diarra (who was better than Flam imo) in the space of six months...then Flamini ****ed off for free anyway!
Disagree, Flamini didn’t cost us anything. Gilberto was on his last legs, should’ve left earlier even.

Diarra was a nutcase and didn’t do nothing with his career really despite his talent. If Wenger doesn’t pick you, that’s a red flag.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cesc and RvP at times carried us. Other than these two, for a small moments, don’t think I have seen any player in an Arsenal team “carry” us. Always been a collective.

Henry always had good players around him pulling their weight and producing.

Riou

Disagree, Flamini didn’t cost us anything. Gilberto was on his last legs, should’ve left earlier even.

Diarra was a nutcase and didn’t do nothing with his career really despite his talent. If Wenger doesn’t pick you, that’s a red flag.

Gilberto had only just lost his place in the team that season, still think he could have done a job though not as a starter anymore.

Was Diarra a nutter? Didn’t know that, always thought he was s good player.

Always thought Arsène didn’t pick Diarra because the midfield was outstanding that year and he didn’t want to break up the chemistry, though still believe Flamini was carried by the sheer collective abilities of Hleb-Fabregas-Rosicky stepping up after Henry went to Barcelona.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Gilberto had only just lost his place in the team that season, still think he could have done a job though not as a starter anymore.

Always thought Arsène didn’t pick Diarra because the midfield was outstanding that year and he didn’t want to break up the chemistry, though still believe Flamini was carried by the sheer collective abilities of Hleb-Fabregas-Rosicky stepping up after Henry went to Barcelona.

Don’t think Diarra has stayed at a club for more than 2 years ffs. Something is off, or he’s badly advised.

Ciscoo

None have come close since RVP, but at times, there have been players we couldn’t do without. Sanchez, Walcott, Kos and Bellerin to name a few.

All of those players had big flaws though. It says more about the state of our club than anything else.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It‘s hilarious to see Cesc and RvP in these lists.

Carried us to what exactly? :lol:

They don‘t deserve to be celebrated like this.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think Diarra has stayed at a club for more than 2 years ffs. Something is off, or he’s badly advised.

He played at a decent level for Real tbf, Jose was a big fan of his for the three or four years he was there.

Arsène said one of his biggest regrets was selling Diarra. When he went to Portsmouth he was bossing it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

They carried trash like Denilson and Song to Champions League every year, something we don't seem capable of any more.

Makes you think.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Flamini had a defined role in the midfield and he executed it well. I wouldn't say he was "carried" because his only job was to win the ball and give it to the more talented midfielders, and he did that well.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I agree.
My second regret about cesc is that we ruined him by overplaying him at such a young age.
That's why he's aged so badly imo.
We couldn't afford to take care of him and manage him. We had no other choice but to play him.
I remember this one game against Aston Villa, he was coming back from an injury, sitting on the bench. He came on in the 2nd half, scored 2 goals, we won 3 nils, and has injured himself during the 2nd goal.

It reminds me a bit of Torres at Liverpool. They needed him so bad that they never let his knee fully heal until he was never the same player he was before.

The same can be said about wilshere too. we overplayed him during his first year he picked up a nasty injury, he's never been the same player he was.

One of the few saving graces of Emery atm is that he's not overplaying the young and returning from injury players. Tierney is being handled very well imo, even during a period of fan unrest at poor results and performances.

Riou

Flamini had a defined role in the midfield and he executed it well. I wouldn't say he was "carried" because his only job was to win the ball and give it to the more talented midfielders, and he did that well.

I meant that Diarra could have performed that role, and he had an extra three and a half years on his contract...would have been better in that role imo, Flamini got forward a bit too much for me.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

They made us competitive almost by themselves at this time.
Were they supposed to win any major trophies with such a limited/thin squad they've played with? Selling the best players around them without properly replacing them?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I meant that Diarra could have performed that role, and he had an extra three and a half years on his contract...would have been better in that role imo, Flamini got forward a bit too much for me.

Ah yes, in that case I agree.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
They made us competitive almost by themselves at this time.
Were they supposed to win any major trophies with such a limited/thin squad they've played with? Selling the best players around them without properly replacing them?
van Persie carried us into the CL (not an actual trophy) for one season in his 8 years at Arsenal. He was either injured or not doing much for the rest of his 7 years at Arsenal. Fabregas is even worse considering that he doesn‘t have the injury excuse, he just couldn‘t do it despite having fantastic players around him.

Top Bottom