• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yes and Klopp finished 8th in the Premier League during his first season in charge yet they gave him time.

Leicester is where it is because of their fantastic scouting not managers.

They gave him time because they could see what he was trying to accomplish and bought into to it because he managed to show it on the pitch.

He also arrived in the middle of the season and the following one he got them into the Champions League. The one following that he got them in an Europan Final, the one following that he got the the UCL, the one following that...

You can see the progress and you can see it as far as his first season that he finished 8th.

The same happens with Unai, but backwards. You could see we were lucky with out results in the unbeaten run. It caught up to us, we bottled an easy 3rd place finish and are carrying our end of season form to this one.

If scouting is the most important thing in Leicester's set up, Brendan wouldn't be the manager with most points since his arrival behind Klopp and Pep, do you realize what a feat that is?

El Duderino

Beginning to shift towards the thought that the board knows Unai's so done that they're going to need a sharper for to stick to him, but they can't really get anyone who could salvage this train wreck from happening.

Gonna let it fester until it rots and blame it all on Unai, who they HAD to support because that's the kind of club we are.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Yes and Klopp finished 8th in the Premier League during his first season in charge yet they gave him time.

Klopp came in during the season and had an arguably worse squad. That team was blowing hot and cold all the time in that first season, yet you could see glimpses of Klopp's trademark footie emerging quickly and showing up every now and then. That's called progression, even if the results didn't pick up for them yet.

Add to that Klopp's Dortmund legacy and everyone knowing what he's about as a person and in terms of football. That's why he got time.

Similarly Emery got time, but there's just no progression, never has been. Now the squad quality has even been bettered in two summers for him, and still nothing to show for.

In terms of legacy, I was happy back when with Emery the club actually hired a proven manager instead of apparent frontrunner but complete rookie Arteta. I only turned 2 to 4 months, I guess, into his tenure. Turns out despite the trophies won, Emery's legacy was fairly tainted and two faced back then, already, re: his footie style, man management, etc.

People have always loved that Klopp - Emery first season comparison, but it's just skewed. They only came 8th and we're inconsistent, but when they were good, they were good, and it was just about saying: "ok, do we believe this guy can further form this team and get it to consistently perform at its best instead of only now and then?" And at 'pool they said yes and were absolutely right because all the signs were there. Emery doesn't even get this team to perform well every now and then. There's about 5, 6 games last season which were truly good. Everyting else was subpar. From the tailend of last season on and this season it's been horrible.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So Josh told them nope it's not the right time for him to get fired. he gone in end of the season or in January anyway so i hope our fans just stay more behind the team for more few weeks.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Beginning to shift towards the thought that the board knows Unai's so done that they're going to need a sharper for to stick to him, but they can't really get anyone who could salvage this train wreck from happening.

Gonna let it fester until it rots and blame it all on Unai, who they HAD to support because that's the kind of club we are.
you really can't blame either Raul and Vinai because they doing their Job specially Raul who fans loved him few months ago it's not their decision to sack manager it's the owners decision so they are trying to stay more positive for now.

El Duderino

If he was a footballing man, I'd still think he be responsible for it, but I don't think Josh has anything to do with firing Emery. He'll accept the decision from his footballing people in Raul and Edu.

Shame we don't have a proper CEO anymore, this governing body we have now is pretty **** since we don't really know who has authority over what.

GDeep™

League is very weak
you really can't blame either Raul and Vinai because they doing their Job specially Raul who fans loved him few months ago it's not their decision to sack manager it's the owners decision so they are trying to stay more positive for now.
I’m not sure it’s the owner, guys like Raul and Edu will guide Josh.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Where the **** was that statement the evening Xhaka went AWOL?

Could have completely calmed the situation. The PR is so bad just always chasing tails.
Xhaka situation is different i don't expect them to come out and say our fans shouldn't do that or Xhaka should say sorry it'll make things worse.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

:lol::lol: took them this long to realize the "noise" comment was out of touch... Shame they have to do this waiting for a leak instead of just coming out and saying it.
Wow, a public vote of confidence is the last thing Emery would want. Basically got one foot the door.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I’m not sure it’s the owner, guys like Raul and Edu will guide Josh.
i know Raul and Edu can say Unai is not doing great and we should make a change but the final decision is on Josh and his silent dad i'm sure is Josh watching.

El Duderino

Yes I can. We don't have a CEO anymore, instead we've got this three-way management that lends no favors to a club severely lacking in decisiveness and leadership.

Josh knows ****all about football and is only part of the board. He'll take the decision the executive team gives him and bring it to his dad, who'll also take their advice.

That's what they're being paid for.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yes I can. We don't have a CEO anymore, instead we've got this three-way management that lends no favors to a club severely lacking in decisiveness and leadership.

Josh knows ****all about football and is only part of the board. He'll take the decision the executive team gives him and bring it to his dad, who'll also take their advice.

That's what they're being paid for.
you maybe right but i don't believe either Raul Edu Vinai are happy about this situation they won't sit there and watch us not improving specially when our club desperately need to get back to CL.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Clubs rarely came out and say bad things about their manager they will support him even if it mean they'll sack him tomorrow. if we read the statement they say they not happy with Emery that he not reaching his objectives so that clear sign they'll make change if nothing improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom