• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't get why we are backing Emery.

I said two years is the time but you have to see improvement after first season or at least some direction we are heading into. Klopp and Pep didn't start well in league but you at least saw their idea, game plan and slowly improvements.

We have gone backwards and after 18 months you still feel like there is huge communication problem between the manager and the players. You would have to wait until Emery improves on communication and then get his ideas across. That is a long time.

There are deep problems yes, I agree, and the club, to be fair to them, have made changes to the backend structure and have been more proactive in the transfer market. It won't happen overnight though. Fans need to realise this and have a bit of patience. A toxic environment just adds fuel to the fire and makes the environment intolerable for the players and isn't a good advert for any future signings. It's also not a good environment for some of our best youth talents to be in knowing that if they make the slightest mistake, the fans will be on their back. A bit harsh of you to say we have had no real success in 10 years considering we won the FA cup a few times recently. Yes we all want the Champions league and league title but that hasn't been made any easier with the likes of Man City and Chelsea. The club have been moving in the right direction off the pitch but just need to get back to winning ways on it. I remember the 97/98 season we had a terrible November, pretty much lost all games and there were boos and negativity from fans, we did however manage to turn things around and in the end we won the title clawing back a 14 point lead. That year, we were 6th by the end of 1997. If we get behind the club and players, who knows what could happen...
Do you honestly believe this could happen? :rolleyes:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
you maybe right but i don't believe either Raul Edu Vinai are happy about this situation they won't sit there and watch us not improving specially when our club desperately need to get back to CL.

Yes, they would. Because the decision is split three-ways, if two people get cold feet, that's it. If two people chicken out of making a tough decision, that's it. They can keep pointing fingers and because we don't know who's the head honcho, they all get away with if.

Leaving all fan sentiment aside, on a board level, this is a tough decision. But this is when actual leadership needs to be at the forefront. This is where building transparency and a line of communication with the fans actually pays off.

This way, if you want him to stay or be sacked, fans will actually listen to you and take your words to heart.

Arsenal really needs to hire a new PR team stat, things are way too toxic because of the club's lethargic and reactive approach and unless they actually put the effort to convey a plan and have fans, staff and team buy into it, every rough patch is going to be worse than it is now.

Last edited:

Jaroyouth76

I think raul and edu have put the pressure on in that meeting basically saying if you dont beat southampton and play some good football the coach is gone . They cant afford to watch sit in the stands and watch the rubbish we have been playing after spending 140 million pounds on players and we are on -1 goal difference with our front 3 . The guns is only pointing at one person and its emery .

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Shame we don't have a proper CEO anymore, this governing body we have now is pretty **** since we don't really know who has authority over what.

In hindsight I'd have kept Mislintat, made him Technical Director, went without Sanllehi, and then got in a proper football CEO like e.g. Marotta once Gazidis ****ed off.

That's a clear hierarchy, even with space left above (e.g. Director of Football) or below (e.g. Director of Recruitment/Scouting; or Squad-/Teammanager) Mislintat to add further football proficiency.

Could've even made Mislintat from Head of Recruitment to say something like Teammanager - a quasi promotion but not a substantial, "real" one but still moving him closer to the team - brought in a new Head Scout with fewer capacities than Sven had before him, and still added an external Director of Football like Edu.

CEO, DoF, Teammanager. Three heads executive team with a clear hierarchy above the respective Heads of Scouting, Academy, Medicine, etc. Not that muddled **** with no real CEO and this weird double leadership.

El Duderino

In hindsight I'd have kept Mislintat, made him Technical Director, went without Sanllehi, and then got in a proper football CEO like e.g. Marotta once Gazidis ****ed off.

That's a clear hierarchy, even with space left above (e.g. Director of Football) or below (e.g. Director of Recruitment/Scouting; or Squad-/Teammanager) Mislintat to add further football proficiency.

Could've even made Mislintat from Head of Recruitment to say something like Teammanager - a quasi promotion but not a substantial, "real" one but still moving him closer to the team - brought in a new Head Scout with fewer capacities than Sven had before him, and still added an external Director of Football like Edu.

CEO, DoF, Teammanager. Three heads executive team with a clear hierarchy above the respective Heads of Scouting, Academy, Medicine, etc. Not that muddled **** with no real CEO and this weird double leadership.

Yup, that's pretty dead on. In my other reply to yousif I mentioned how that muddies the water so that the three stooges don't have any real incentive to take charge of anything at the club.

I wouldn't actually mind Raul as CEO, not that I think he'd be the best choice, but at least we'd have a clear picture of the top decision maker in the club.

It would also make communication with fans much more linear and streamlined.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

That what i like to see to maybe clubs afraid to have many personalities

El Duderino

I'm doing some transcribing/translating work for a club in the MLS and it's all unedited interviews with many of the VPs, top executive brass and coaching staff and all I can think whilst doing it is "Wow, this makes so much ****ing sense from an organizational stand point! Why can't Arsenal be more like them!?"

Mind you, I don't follow them enough to know if their talk translates to real world success, but at least you can tell they've got the right people in and that they're all footballing/soccer people that realize how much fans are important for the club and how the communication I was talking about a few posts back is paramount to have everyone in an organizational level, as well as a fan level, bought into what the club's trying to do.

Last edited:

Pepes blue pill

There are deep problems yes, I agree, and the club, to be fair to them, have made changes to the backend structure and have been more proactive in the transfer market. It won't happen overnight though. Fans need to realise this and have a bit of patience. A toxic environment just adds fuel to the fire and makes the environment intolerable for the players and isn't a good advert for any future signings. It's also not a good environment for some of our best youth talents to be in knowing that if they make the slightest mistake, the fans will be on their back. A bit harsh of you to say we have had no real success in 10 years considering we won the FA cup a few times recently. Yes we all want the Champions league and league title but that hasn't been made any easier with the likes of Man City and Chelsea. The club have been moving in the right direction off the pitch but just need to get back to winning ways on it. I remember the 97/98 season we had a terrible November, pretty much lost all games and there were boos and negativity from fans, we did however manage to turn things around and in the end we won the title clawing back a 14 point lead. That year, we were 6th by the end of 1997. If we get behind the club and players, who knows what could happen...

Nothing, emery is a loser, accept it

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

First the comments about the importance of playing attractive football at Arsenal and now this. I bet Wenger can’t believe we replaced him with an absolute bum like Unai Emery Etxegoien. Must be disgusted by the sight of him in the dugout. At least it’s making him look infinitely better I guess

teamsoutheast

One thing I admired about past Emery teams was that he always had a SOLID midfield pivot. At Valencia, he had Albelda and Topal/Parejo, Sevilla it was Mbia and Krychowviak. Our midfield look VERY lightweight at the moment. We could do with a bit of physicality and athleticism added in there. I wouldn't be surprised if we went for Danilo Pereira in the January transfer window or if Edu had a few physical holding midfielders in mind from Brazil/South America. The Arsenal midfield has been broken for years and i'm pretty sure he could fix things once the midfield is fixed.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
One thing I admired about past Emery teams was that he always had a SOLID midfield pivot. At Valencia, he had Albelda and Topal/Parejo, Sevilla it was Mbia and Krychowviak. Our midfield look VERY lightweight at the moment. We could do with a bit of physicality and athleticism added in there. I wouldn't be surprised if we went for Danilo Pereira in the January transfer window or if Edu had a few physical holding midfielders in mind from Brazil/South America. The Arsenal midfield has been broken for years and i'm pretty sure he could fix things once the midfield is fixed.
We know he was skeptical about Lucas & wanted a more physical DM but then looks to got it wrong with Dani & Denis Suarez. Its hard to see how they complement the midfielders we have or where they fitted in with Xhaka already.

If Mendes can get the boy wonder out of Benfica we will be sorted for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom