• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players 'carrying' Arsenal

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Cesc hasn't failed at Arsenal. He looked like one of the best player in the League every season he's played for us. He could have been a starter in every single PL team.

Özil at Arsenal has never made a full season where he looked like he was unplayable or even the best performer in our team weeks in and weeks out. I've never seen fans from other teams wanting him as much as they were with Cesc.
Özil has never been in the discussion of the top 5 players in the league.

Özil has failed to be the "go to guy" at Arsenal like Cesc was.

Cesc has never been as divisive as Özil. Everybody was recognizing his greatness. from fans to pundits.

Cesc was one of the most wanted young midfielder back then. Every big club was following him and has tried to get him.
Whereas nobody wants to invest huge money on Özil anymore. Even before the 350k/week.

I don't think Özil would have been able to perform as well when he had to play with Eboué Bendtner Walcott. He's already struggling with much better players.

It's not even a dig at Özil. He's a great player with a great career. I just wanted to say that peak cesc is able to carry a team and make it competitive. Özil can't. What made Cesc so great was his impact on our game, no matter who he has played with.
What kind of revisionism is this :lol:, shocking post.
Completely ignoring Cesc flopping at Barca and being as divisive, if not more than Özil at Arsenal. The guy was known for having good starts to the season and turning to **** during the winter time in a team that was practically a self driving car. They played him in every position and he couldn’t even replace a past it Xavi in his prime. Barca fans hate his guts lol what are you even talking about.

Fàbregas played with better players at Arsenal than Özil ever did and he did absolutely **** all. We couldn’t even win a league cup with the team built around him ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why are Fàbregas and Özil always used as a stick to beat each other with, both are great players in different ways for us...can’t we just appreciate both?

Can’t we all just get along!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Completely ignoring Cesc flopping at Barca and being as divisive, if not more than Özil at Arsenal. The guy was known for having good starts to the season and turning to **** during the winter time in a team that was practically a self driving car. They played him in every position and he couldn’t even replace a past it Xavi in his prime. Barca fans hate his guts lol what are you even talking about.

Fàbregas played with better players at Arsenal than Özil ever did and he did absolutely **** all. We couldn’t even win a league cup with the team built around him ffs.

Cesc did not flop at Barca

He (just like Zlatan) was ousted by the mesfia, the iniestology, the blatant xavinism!

A goal in 1/3 of the games for a natural cm who filled in as false9, rb et al is not a flop

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Why are Fàbregas and Özil always used as a stick to beat each other with, both are great players in different ways for us...can’t we just appreciate both?

Can’t we all just get along!

In hindsight I would rather we had taken Cesc back...

Riou

He (just like Zlatan) was ousted by the mesfia, the iniestology, the blatant xavinism!

A goal in 1/3 of the games for a natural cm who filled in as false9, rb et al is not a flop

Interesting note...Xavi didn’t start the 2006 Champions League final against us, as Barca went with Van Bommel instead as they were worried about Fabregas and wanted a more defensive midfielder to mark him.

Cesc > Xavi confirmed!

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

He was ousted because he was a flop. You do not get chased out of Barca as a Catalan la masia product if you’re not ****. Not saying he’s a bad player but his time at Barca was definitely not a success.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Interesting note...Xavi didn’t start the 2006 Champions League final against us, as Barca went with Van Bommel instead as they were worried about Fabregas and wanted a more defensive midfielder to mark him.

Cesc > Xavi confirmed!

Bommel was AWESOME

But not many on here could admit that because he wasnt a dribbly midget....

People here thought Kuyt was a bad player ffs

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He was ousted because he was a flop. You do not get chased out of Barca as a Catalan la masia product if you’re not ****. Not saying he’s a bad player but his time at Barca was definitely not a success.

No just like Zlatan he didnt fall in line and thus was ousted

Both came in secure in themselves and their ability and that threatened the precious tax evading roider

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
No just like Zlatan he didnt fall in line and thus was ousted

Both came in secure in themselves and their ability and that threatened the precious tax evading roider
That precious tax evading roider who is his childhood friend? Ok mate

Riou

Barca have ridiculous standards though for forwards/midfielders...Cesc and Sanchez weren’t great for them, but they were two of our best players...plus some players just don’t fit certain teams, no shame in that.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Barca have ridiculous standards though for forwards/midfielders...Cesc and Sanchez weren’t great for them, but they were two of our best players...plus some players just don’t fit certain teams, no shame in that.

Yeah I was gonna mention that. Sanchez was basically the perfect utility attacker for them as he could do a rotation job replacing Messi, Suarez, Villa or Neymar for the odd game without a massive drop in quality, yet they sold him anyway.

Barca and Madrid have made a lot of questionable decisions in the transfer market, no doubt about it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Team built around Cesc :lol::lol::lol:

Yes I'm sure Cesc was tugging on Wenger's arm to sign players like Eboue and Bendtner :lol::lol:

Cesc was (one of the) the only reason(s) that team wasn't midtable.

Riou

Yeah I was gonna mention that. Sanchez was basically the perfect utility attacker for them as he could do a rotation job replacing Messi, Suarez, Villa or Neymar for the odd game without a massive drop in quality, yet they sold him anyway.

Barca and Madrid have made a lot of questionable decisions in the transfer market, no doubt about it.

Sanchez was their Walcott, which is crazy considering how much better he is than Theo!

Their 07-08 attack was Ronaldinho, Eto’o, Messi and Henry...that’s a ridiculous list.

Highbury

What absolute nonsense

Fàbregas was miles better than Özil for Arsenal. He was amazing from 2006-2009, but his performances dipped in the last two years because his heart wasn’t in the club anymore and he was tired of all the collective failures.

Özil hasn’t even come close to replicating Fàbregas’ best period of Arsenal. Apart from the first half of 2015-16, he has not performed at a world class level and has been mediocre most of the time.

Özil fans live in a world of their own. I swear they hallucinate stuff.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Fabregas came through Arsenal as a kid and developed into one of the finest midfielders in the world.

Mesut Özil came to us as an established star of Real Madrid.

Its only right one had a higher sense of expectation on their shoulders and unfortunately that one hasnt lived upto his billing at Arsenal. Couldnt care what they done elsewhere. Fabregas was outstanding for us carrying the team from a young age. Sensational player.

Riou

Remember how amazing Reyes was at the start of the 2004/2005 season, for a few months he was Henry level...he didn’t carry us as we had a brilliant team then, but he was such an exciting player to watch when on form...could play pretty much any position in the forward line, I remember 12 year old me being so excited when we signed him.

Manberg

Predator
Fabregas is one of the best players ever to play in an Arsenal shirt without question. He consistently carried the team from a young age and since I started watching football (about 15 years ago) I haven't seen that replicated anywhere. Not as consistent and for that many years as he had.
He was everything about the way we played. Nearly everything came through him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not sure if Fabregas ever carried us tbh, because we usually had a lot of other options in midfield like Hleb, Diaby, Nasri, Arshavin, Wilshere etc during his time. Then other quality strikers like Van Persie, Adebayor, Eduardo. I don't really get a sense that Cesc had to carry us, maybe 09/10 he took on more responsibility as a goal threat after Van Persie got injured but I'm not sure I'd say he carried.

Van Persie 11/12 is the definition of a player carrying us, at least up until March anyways when we finally seemed to kick into gear as a team.

Riou

I'm not sure if Fabregas ever carried us tbh, because we usually had a lot of other options in midfield like Hleb, Diaby, Nasri, Arshavin, Wilshere etc during his time. Then other quality strikers like Van Persie, Adebayor, Eduardo. I don't really get a sense that Cesc had to carry us, maybe 09/10 he took on more responsibility as a goal threat after Van Persie got injured but I'm not sure I'd say he carried.

Van Persie 11/12 is the definition of a player carrying us, at least up until March anyways when we finally seemed to kick into gear as a team.

It’s a delicate subject, as even though we did decline since we moved the The Emirates, we still had high quality players throughout each season...guess it could be the best player in each season, as you don’t want to discredit what the others contributed aswell.

Even in 11-12, Van Persie went Super Saiyan...but Rozza made a massive difference when he came into the team in the second half of that season, Szczesny was great in goal, Arteta brought control to the midfield allowing Song to get forward, Benayoun stepped up etc.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom