• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I agree, but I think he more than makes up to him in a team that plays to his goalscoring strengths. The fact that he was tied for the Golden Boot for us last season says a lot.
Yeah. I feel like as we are so disjointed and tactically inept, we end up putting Aubameyang in situations where he shouldnt be.

In my opinion Arsenal should have a technical but balanced midfield with two proper wingers either side of Auba, and he should usually be the final touch to an attack.

At times we are relying on a player who is mid table standard when it comes to interchanges and dribbling, when really we should only be using him for his preditorial instincts in and around the box.

The combo of not having a senior left winger, having two strikers and Emery being poor causes this issue.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah. I feel like as we are so disjointed and tactically inept, we end up putting Aubameyang in situations where he shouldnt be.

In my opinion Arsenal should have a technical but balanced midfield with two proper wingers either side of Auba, and he should usually be the final touch to an attack.

At times we are relying on a player who is mid table standard when it comes to interchanges and dribbling, when really we should only be using him for his preditorial instincts in and around the box.

The combo of not having a senior left winger, having two strikers and Emery being poor causes this issue.

Even keeping Iwobi would have made a big difference, as Pepe-Auba-Iwobi has everything you want in a forward line in theory...suppose we had to sell Alex due to finances though.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the club has genuinely ****ed up in a major way that they don't even comprehend.

- the statement released by Ornstein basically pinned the blame on the fans, external circumstances, while backing the manager with delusions. They painted the fanbase with one brush.

- They then read arseblog and changed their statement but it is too late.

- On top of that you are now throwing our best player under the bus. An emotional player who thrives on happiness. When he isn't happy he makes it known. He and Lacazette will both leave.

- I don't understand the negativity towards AFTV. Yes they have people who don't Express their opinion very well, but these are the away fans who go to every single game. They represent thr fan base. You have clueless individuals, but you also have those who come across very well. People like Mo and Graham speak intelligently.

- The club are dismissing the intelligence of its fanbase and that is criminal. We have access to data and underlying metrics. We have writers who write about it, podcasts that talk about it, data Twitter accounts that post about it, journalists who agree with all of it and our eyes that see that this team needs a new manager. Yet we are dismissed like we know nothing.

Moah

Giving the captain's armband to Auba was as criminal as giving it to Xhaka. He is a great goalscorer but never was, is, or will be a leader. The man is a diva and football is just fun for him.
You can't expect him to tell Guendouzi, Laca, Özil, Sok, Luiz or any player to do this and that while he barely jumps for a 50/50 cross.
If Emery had taken experience as the requirement he should have made Luiz captain as he is the most experienced and doesn't have any special relationship with anyone yet which would have tied his hand to his back. But him being new here may have played a part in not selecting him.
Apart from him it should have been bellerin as he is the long serving one and looks more of a leader on the pitch than Auba.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I don't understand what the club is thinking. Amidst all the problems that are going on with the club, they think that messing around with Auba is the right thing to do? He is the reason why we are in the top half of the table ffs.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Sounds like a lot of the stuff that was leaked about Alexis in 2017 when it became clear he wasn't signing a new contract.

Been a lot of leaks in the last two years as well , @Preacher is right imo , Ornstein is becoming more of a glorified gossip columnist . Some of it was just casting aspersions on his character , the bit about him strategically befriending AFTV to put himself beyond criticism is just downright nasty and weird .

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Fam is a guy who will be remembered for decades and Xhaka will be the guy who will be forgotten sooner than Squillaci

You should launch an initiative to build him a statue in front of the Emirates for all that I care. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Been a lot of leaks in the last two years as well , @Preacher is right imo , Ornstein is becoming more of a glorified gossip columnist . Some of it was just casting aspersions on his character , the bit about him strategically befriending AFTV to put himself beyond criticism is just downright nasty and weird .
Didn't someone say when Wenger left that Ornstein would go to sh!t with his info now?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It's inaccurate as well, I forgot which game it was but recently Troopz did criticise his performance. Might have been Sheffield United.

Riou

It does seem like he is gone, as others have said similar to what happened with Sanchez before he left in 2018...interesting to see where he goes though.

Regarding us, not too down about this...think we need to burn it up and start again with a younger core, target no one over 25 and use our youth players...wouldn’t mind Dembele from Lyon as a possible replacement.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
It does seem like he is gone, as others have said similar to what happened with Sanchez before he left in 2018...interesting to see where he goes though.

Regarding us, not too down about this...think we need to burn it up and start again with a younger core, target no one over 25 and use our youth players...wouldn’t mind Dembele from Lyon as a possible replacement.

I like the profile on Moussa Dembele as well. If I remember correctly, we were interested before he left for Lyon.

Riou

I like the profile on Moussa Dembele as well. If I remember correctly, we were interested before he left for Lyon.

Looks a good mix of both Auba and Laca to me, I remember being excited when he was apparently close to joining us from Celtic.

pikey2000

Reality is you need both, we tried running with youth over experience before and whilst we played good football people talked about us lacking experience and leadership to get us over the line in terms of trophies/when things get tough

The potential to lose Auba worries me for a few reasons;

1) he is our only goal threat at the moment
2) his age/remaining contract will mean we won't command a "massive" fee
3)if we did sell him we then have to replace him, which means another window where your shelling out for offensive players, which for our club means we will neglect CM and or CB again

Basically if he goes we are set back a window or two again, when we really need to be kicking on.

Precisely the reason i'd be tempted to get a new manager in before the end of the season so we can at least attempt to sale the club/vision back to Auba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom