• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When I saw Sokratis conceded that silly goal when playing out of defense, I know there must be problems with the training. That kind of mistakes must have happened a lot in the training ground when the team was asked to play that way. What the heck Emery was thinking by asking Sokratis to play like a Brazilian? That tactical misjudgment partly contributes the team incapable to keep clean sheet and hence the low confidence.

Sack him before it's too late really. Without CL football next season and with the potential of two of our best strikers to sit out their contracts, it would cost the club at least 50 million on loss of transfer income.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Been cautious with him since before the middle of last season. Performances weren't there and I thought that maybe he wasn't the one for us.

When the bottling started I knew he wasn't, but I thought, at least lets give him another window, he might prove me wrong, you know?

Narrator: He didn't.
Well, I doubt him since the moment board announced him. Since the PSG failed in CL the way they did I knew he is a middle table manager.

Steps

Ya know, I was sat here wondering if maybe the board back him because of promises he made to them during the interviews. Certainly ManU has been a rival of ours these past few decades, and I'd bet Emery said he'd compete with the likes of them. Wouldn't you know it, we are above them in the table. Master stroke by our skipper.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Caption this ?

image00006-1024x683.jpeg

E: I left you a team full of protagonists, they obeyed my orders.

T: Riiight !

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
When did everyone want Emery to go?

I had some massive doubts after the end of last season, but thought overall we looked “scrappier “ than the previous season...the transfer business brought my faith back, but from the Watford game this year is when I had enough.

This season and how we are still proceeding to play it out from the back and almost get caught out every damn time, everyone can see its just not working, Man City started the trend here in England but trends in football dont last long, clubs adapt and figure it out, yet Emery jumps on the trend late, the players never looked comfortable doing it yet we still proceed with it to this day.

That ****ed me right off and convinced me he is an idiot.

P.S - before his PSG move I was HUGE on him coming here as well, so yeah I know **** all :lol:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If Emery would have just stuck to a formation and played the players in their right positions we would be comfortably in the top 4. I’m sure of it.

I never thought of that, your probably right there, if anything the players would have also had Ljungberg to fall back too aswell to find out proper instructions.

kenshinSG

I had serious doubts about him last season when he dropped Özil and Ramsey for no reason than "hard work in training". Then his non existing style made it hard to watch. The last straw the way he screwed up the last 6 games and Europa final, I knew he is just not gonna be able to make it.
All the matches just got worse.

The way we beat Leicester 3-0 last season was with the same players. Yet we can even manage the free flow passing now.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
When did everyone want Emery to go?

I had some massive doubts after the end of last season, but thought overall we looked “scrappier “ than the previous season...the transfer business brought my faith back, but from the Watford game this year is when I had enough.

End of season collapse/Europa League final.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I think I've come to terms with it, we are going to be stuck with the Spanish John Carver until the end of the season. Bring on the relegation battle.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think I've come to terms with it, we are going to be stuck with the Spanish John Carver until the end of the season. Bring on the relegation battle.

In Championship Manager 03-04, John Carver is one of the most sought after coaches in the game, he has the same reputation as Wenger and Ferguson for some reason :lol:

Always something that has confused me...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just need to get behind the team, despite the manager, now. He’s here to stay.

Get behind what though, I don’t know, top 4 is over and EL is now a vehicle for Emery to save his job.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't know be the best time to get rid of Emery. It gives the new manager 2 weeks to get used to the new surroundings and implement his idea. More so, it would take literally no time for Arteta to do that, but more time to organise a team he wants to work with.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Wouldn't know be the best time to get rid of Emery. It gives the new manager 2 weeks to get used to the new surroundings and implement his idea. More so, it would take literally no time for Arteta to do that, but more time to organise a team he wants to work with.
What the fans think today, the board thinks tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom