• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
It is very annoying that the board refuses to replace him now that the time is right. I don't think it is impossible to find a sensible replacement now so I don't buy that argument. All this seems to be about keeping the money.

boyinneedofhumor

Caption this ?

image00006-1024x683.jpeg
"Listening in supposed attentiveness might be the best way out... I'm unsure if I should offer a tablet screen or whiteboard with marker, in addition to his speech and gestures..."

(Attempted above in jest; hope actual situation isn't as such, over at the training ground...)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can't remember if I'm rarely wrong or really wrong, but I don't see him lasting the season. If top 4 is practically out of reach by January, he goes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can't remember if I'm rarely wrong or really wrong, but I don't see him lasting the season. If top 4 is practically out of reach by January, he goes.
Nah, they’ll let him play the Europa League card, hoping he can win that, get CL and save the season.

I also suspect they have a manager in mind for the summer.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nah, they’ll let him play the Europa League card, hoping he can win that, get CL and save the season.

How tedious and uncomfortable would losing touch with 4th make them though? That'd be a HUGE failure regardless of where we are in the EL. And if we have lost touch by then, why would they think we had a chance of winning it anyway? It'd make no sense to keep him if we're going to sack him in the summer. May as well get a caretaker in and hope we somehow go on a run.

bandaid

Emery was hired because he was out of a job, and agreed to all terms. The board had no intention of getting a strong manager.

Squillaci

Can't wrap my head around the fact that there are people still supporting this guy called Emery, who is dragging our team down.
People saying don't go to the games and don't watch until something changes.
FFS we are fans, we love the club and we don't want to look our team falling apart like this. That's the whole reason we are upset.
There will still be by passers going to the games for the games sake.
Not going to the game won't change that much.

How could I support him if team is gonna lose so much more by him staying here than with him leaving? Losing money, players, CL place. Things that will delay the progress for 2,3 more years.

Why are people even mentioning the ,,success" he had with previous teams? That does not play any role in the current situation.
Different leagues, different squads, different atmospheres.
He had a year and a half to get to know all of that here too and he's failing miserably.

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but for me, every game seems unwinnable. It's not about the squad and tactics that much anymore, I just feel like the players have lost faith too. I don't think they trust manager and frustration is building up.

I feel like everybody is waiting for change as a breath of fresh air.
Things are looking really grim and a lot of the fans and players feel it.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Can't wrap my head around the fact that there are people still supporting this guy called Emery, who is dragging our team down.
People saying don't go to the games and don't watch until something changes.
FFS we are fans, we love the club and we don't want to look our team falling apart like this. That's the whole reason we are upset.
There will still be by passers going to the games for the games sake.
Not going to the game won't change that much.

How could I support him if team is gonna lose so much more by him staying here than with him leaving? Losing money, players, CL place. Things that will delay the progress for 2,3 more years.

Why are people even mentioning the ,,success" he had with previous teams? That does not play any role in the current situation.
Different leagues, different squads, different atmospheres.
He had a year and a half to get to know all of that here too and he's failing miserably.

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but for me, every game seems unwinnable. It's not about the squad and tactics that much anymore, I just feel like the players have lost faith too. I don't think they trust manager and frustration is building up.

I feel like everybody is waiting for change as a breath of fresh air.
Things are looking really grim and a lot of the fans and players feel it.

The fans are not going to boo us to victory.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wow, the worst period of Wengers reign is still way ahead of what Emery's done in so many ways.

Nothing has improved is something I think we can all agree on, but I think it's becoming increasingly evident that we've regressed from even Wenger's worst season. And that's with Emery being backed heavily in the transfer market. We've spent more in a shorter period of time than during any stage under Wenger yet we've still managed to get worse. No matter what way you look at it Emery's been a massive failure. Then again what do you expect, most of us knew before he was even appointed that he wasn't fit to lace Wengers boots, then again looking at the shortlist that Ornstein revealed a while back where any of the names in that list even close to Wenger? Such poor planning, why did we sack him without having a top quality replacement lined up? Gazidis just wanted to be the hero at the end of the day, he thought he was the big man. Then bailed, probably knew he ****ed up and wanted to get out of dodge.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Arseblog had a nice piece today and it ran the numbers on our chances for finishing Top 4.

With the upcoming fixtures around Christmas schedule, let's just say that our chances are a toast.

Under current form and dressing room status, with Emery still in charge we'll be lucky to finish in top half of table.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Wow, the worst period of Wengers reign is still way ahead of what Emery's done in so many ways.

Nothing has improved is something I think we can all agree on, but I think it's becoming increasingly evident that we've regressed from even Wenger's worst season. And that's with Emery being backed heavily in the transfer market. We've spent more in a shorter period of time than during any stage under Wenger yet we've still managed to get worse. No matter what way you look at it Emery's been a massive failure. Then again what do you expect, most of us knew before he was even appointed that he wasn't fit to lace Wengers boots, then again looking at the shortlist that Ornstein revealed a while back where any of the names in that list even close to Wenger? Such poor planning, why did we sack him without having a top quality replacement lined up? Gazidis just wanted to be the hero at the end of the day, he thought he was the big man. Then bailed, probably knew he ****ed up and wanted to get out of dodge.
Fooled you though, didn't he?
8 points better off than last season, our most points after 27 games for 5 years. In those 5 years we had peak Alexis, Özil, Koscielny, Monreal, Cazorla and Ramsey. It was a time when we were supposed to kick on under Wenger and challenge for the title. Yet now this season under Emery in his first year, in a transitional year has more points than Wenger had anytime over the last 5 years after 27 games.

Either Emery's doing better than some think or Wenger was doing far worse than some thought.

Either way the "no progress" narrative should be dead in the water. We're now way way better off than last season.

If Emery gets us top 4 at the expense of United and Chelsea then he should be manager of the year (barring Warnock managing to keep that championship side up). To get us back into the Champions League it what is supposed to be a transitional year would be extraordinary. I keep pointing it out but when you compare it to Pochettino's or Klopp's first season he's miles ahead.
It was ridiculous at the time it's absolutely hilarious now looking back at it, it's crazy. Some were desperate for him to fail, maybe some people just love having something to moan about.

Regardless glad we're past all that nonsense (tho I'm sure it'll take one poor result for them to pop up again such is the fickleness of being a supporter) and we can be glad we've a top coach in charge.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I still maintain that we have the 3rd or 4th best squad in the division and are good enough to reach their target if they are utilised properly.

I agree with this. I think we have the 3rd best squad in the league. We are still a bit too weak in midfield for my liking though.

It is too easy to overrate or underrate a player's individual level because football after all is a team sport. How good or bad you will look will depend a lot on how well your team mates are doing their jobs. The player is only 1 part of 11 parts. Obviously the manager is responsible for making all the parts connect to each other etc.

It is interesting that suddenly Leicester's players are rated so highly at the moment. Particularly their defence. Almost the same defence that was shambolic, conceding 48 goals last season.

Have their defensive players suddenly turned world class? Or is the fact that compared to last year when they were inviting teams onto them, this season they are dominating play and attacking all the time, thus giving their defenders less to do? I'm afraid it is the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom