• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
How do you think Laca would be viewed if he was playing for Liverpool now?

Having speedy goalscoring wingers would take the pressure off his lack of a goals, similarly to Firmino.
What exactly do these two players have in common other than the goal scored stat that makes people on here compare them? As far as I can they otherwise aren't similar players, not in roles and certainly not in quality. If Laca is too slow even for us, I would think his lack of pace would be highlighted even more in a counter attacking team like theirs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What exactly do these two players have in common other than the goal scored stat that makes people on here compare them? As far as I can they otherwise aren't similar players, not in roles and certainly not in quality. If Laca is too slow even for us, I would think his lack of pace would be highlighted even more in a counter attacking team like theirs.

Think Firmino is the better player, but is Laca really as slow as being made out here?

Both are kinds of False nines, that's were the comparisons are made I think...though I suppose Roberto is kind of inbetween RVP and Laca in terms of quality.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Think Firmino is the better player, but is Laca really as slow as being made out here?

Both are kinds of False nines, that's were the comparisons are made I think...though I suppose Roberto is kind of inbetween RVP and Laca in terms of quality.

Lacazette isn’t really a false 9 though, it’s a myth. He’s at his best playing in the box scrapping for balls and scoring from tight angles, tryna have him create for others and he will look bad out there.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Laca is nor a false 9 half the time hes the reason we lose the ball passing is hit and miss . His strengths are his shooting.

Riou

Lacazette isn’t really a false 9 though, it’s a myth. He’s at his best playing in the box scrapping for balls and scoring from tight angles, tryna have him create for others and he will look bad out there.

Laca is nor a false 9 half the time hes the reason we lose the ball passing is hit and miss . His strengths are his shooting.

Still think if we had goalscoring wingers like Mane and Salah instead of playmaking ones we have mostly had since he was here, he would look a lot better...he does play like a false nine, he drops deep quite a lot.

Wish he got more time playing with Sanchez, as they looked pretty good together despite Alexis mentally being else where those six months.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Still think if we had goalscoring wingers like Mane and Salah instead of playmaking ones we have mostly had since he was here, he would look a lot better...he does play like a false nine, he drops deep quite a lot.

Wish he got more time playing with Sanchez, as they looked pretty good together despite Alexis mentally being else where those six months.

He definitely likes to drop deep but he was told by Wenger to stay closer to the box , because let's face everyone else was a level above him on the ball . Emery came in and told him to roam .

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Laca is a better footballer than Giroud, but a worse striker. He is much better technically than the donkey, but he has no striker instinct. Giroud on top of being a target man of sort was a decent poacher by the end despite his pace.

Actually on the pace front, our scouts must have gone out of their way to find the one striker that is slower than Giroud, but credit to them they managed it with Laca. Giroud looked like Usain Bolt in comparision to Laca during the EL final.

The FIFA game had him as one of the fastest players back in his Lyon days. Similar to doumbia when he joined Newcastle, you watch these guys and wonder how those working on the game came about those pace stats.

Moah

Good to have our targets prepared for the international break. All this laca talk is nothing but a time wasting mechanism.

Riou

The FIFA game had him as one of the fastest players back in his Lyon days. Similar to doumbia when he joined Newcastle, you watch these guys and wonder how those working on the game came about those pace stats.

The player he was on games like Fifa and Football Manager before we signed him, portrayed him as a very different player to the one we eventually got...very weird.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I wonder if his injuries recently have had a really bad effect on his pace. Cause hes not supposed to be slow

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Did he become slow or did we just overrate his pace because we were watching him in France?

PL is much more quicker and stronger.

Probably the latter. Looked proper pacy when i watched him boss Europa League against Salah's Roma.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Did he become slow or did we just overrate his pace because we were watching him in France?

PL is much more quicker and stronger.

Interesting point. Pepe looks a lot slower than he did in France too.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not sure why people haven't seen this long ago. Gervinho also looked faster in france..

Possibly because it's not just about speed, even though that's what first gets noticed. Players like Mbappe and Hazard have the balance and strength to hold off challenges while running at speed - especially after the first 10 yards. Henry did so prior to them as well, so players like that look rapid anywhere.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Possibly because it's not just about speed, even though that's what first gets noticed. Players like Mbappe and Hazard have the balance and strength to hold off challenges while running at speed - especially after the first 10 yards. Henry did so prior to them as well, so players like that look rapid anywhere.
Top point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom