• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
'i hope it does not backfire on you or on #AFTV'... but I clipped it, tagged you, multi hash tagged & tweeted it. :lol:

Could just DM them to edit it out if bad.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Reality is you need both, we tried running with youth over experience before and whilst we played good football people talked about us lacking experience and leadership to get us over the line in terms of trophies/when things get tough

The potential to lose Auba worries me for a few reasons;

1) he is our only goal threat at the moment
2) his age/remaining contract will mean we won't command a "massive" fee
3)if we did sell him we then have to replace him, which means another window where your shelling out for offensive players, which for our club means we will neglect CM and or CB again

Basically if he goes we are set back a window or two again, when we really need to be kicking on.

Precisely the reason i'd be tempted to get a new manager in before the end of the season so we can at least attempt to sale the club/vision back to Auba

I mean have the core of the team be youthful, so we either have all top young players...or we have players of an age that better teams would willing to pay top prices for (like Liverpool recently with Suarez and Coutinho) so we can at least get more money to spend that way, as we never seem to sell players well these days...then we can sprinkle in ready made signings if we ever get close to trophies.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
How did I miss all of this last week?

I can't cast too many negative aspersions on the club because for all I know Ornstein got this story from an intern whose job is to get Edu a cup of coffee and a copy of the paper on a morning.

But at the same time, would Ornstein publish this story if it didn't come from a high level source?

Putting aside the accuracy for a minute (by all accounts it is inaccurate), why not deal with this in house?

I'm not going to act like the club has always been a bastion of class and never used the media for its own purposes) (Vieira vs PHW comes to mind) but I can't remember us ever smearing one of our own like this. If the story did come from someone connected to the club I mean. It could be an agent trying to stir up ****.

It seems like a deliberate tactic to paint the club as the innocent party and direct all fan ire towards the player.

This isn't Arsenal and this sort of thing doesn't represent the values that the club holds or is supposed to hold. Something isn't right and I'd like a clearout of the current management structure at the club.

I don't even necessarily want Arsenal legends to take over, but if the club is going to attempt to smear one of our own with something as weak and innocuous as this then I don't like the way it's being run.

It demonstrates the contempt they have for AFTV and their inability to read the room. The club clearly felt that this would damage Auba's rep with the fanbase because they think that AFTV is a small subset of fans hated by the general fanbase so any association with AFTV will cause fan opinion to turn against the player in question.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So irritated by the events and hoping for a turn around. We had a manager who was brilliant with strikers but they didn't give him one from 2012 till 2017 and by that stage it was a bit late. Then we give this idiotic (current) manager this beaut of a striker to ruin, piss off and drive away from our club. We can't win as a fanbase.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

"I just arrived in Gabon and heard a lot of b*******, I talk with who I want, whenever I want and if somebody's not happy with... you already know."

He didn't mince his words and neither should he , whoever leaked that need to be found and fired. Don't need people sabotaging the club from the inside .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He didn't mince his words and neither should he , whoever leaked that need to be found and fired. Don't need people sabotaging the club from the inside .

How would you like to be captain Auba...you would, great!

By the way in about a weeks time we are gonna try to stab you in the back...why, no reason really, just for bantz!

This club sometimes :lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
EJui0mcWoAAjUz8.jpg

Feeding off scraps and still producing elite numbers..

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
How did I miss all of this last week?

I can't cast too many negative aspersions on the club because for all I know Ornstein got this story from an intern whose job is to get Edu a cup of coffee and a copy of the paper on a morning.

But at the same time, would Ornstein publish this story if it didn't come from a high level source?

Putting aside the accuracy for a minute (by all accounts it is inaccurate), why not deal with this in house?

I'm not going to act like the club has always been a bastion of class and never used the media for its own purposes) (Vieira vs PHW comes to mind) but I can't remember us ever smearing one of our own like this. If the story did come from someone connected to the club I mean. It could be an agent trying to stir up ****.

It seems like a deliberate tactic to paint the club as the innocent party and direct all fan ire towards the player.

This isn't Arsenal and this sort of thing doesn't represent the values that the club holds or is supposed to hold. Something isn't right and I'd like a clearout of the current management structure at the club.

I don't even necessarily want Arsenal legends to take over, but if the club is going to attempt to smear one of our own with something as weak and innocuous as this then I don't like the way it's being run.

It demonstrates the contempt they have for AFTV and their inability to read the room. The club clearly felt that this would damage Auba's rep with the fanbase because they think that AFTV is a small subset of fans hated by the general fanbase so any association with AFTV will cause fan opinion to turn against the player in question.

v1DCXf9AEYUSI.gif

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
well... if he is really got some offers, it's not like anyone here surprised by that.
He is the only one producing goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom