• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don't necessarily blame the club for hiring Emery (although Rodgers was the obvious choice but fan sentiment really put them off and the club should have had more bottle to go through with a preferred option)

Emery had a decent CV not great nor terrible. I can see why we would appoint him if we wanted a manager not to rock the fan base. The problem with the club is they failure to recognise he isnt the right man now and that he needs to go. That squarely rests with the higher ups.
Rodgers wasn’t the obvious choice, and he wasn’t even enough a credible option for fans to put the club off him.

Let's play Aubamawang

With how last season turned out, and the open way in which this season has begun, I can't help but wonder if we would have been better off leaving Wenger in charge. Surely we would at least be more competitive against the smaller budget teams if not our main rivals. At the rate we are going, the smaller budget teams will be our main rivals...

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

With how last season turned out, and the open way in which this season has begun, I can't help but wonder if we would have been better off leaving Wenger in charge. Surely we would at least be more competitive against the smaller budget teams if not our main rivals. At the rate we are going, the smaller budget teams will be our main rivals...
No Wenger stayed 2-3 years too long. Baldy fvcked up as usual.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Think they’ll target 2/3 top young signings like Maddison, Sancho, Fernandes etc rather than spunk a big fee on Kane.

Man United aren't as lost as some might think. Ole won't survive the season and their next manager, whoever it'll be, will be better. Think Rangnick is the scarier option with his background of building Red Bull, but Potch or Allegri will do, too.

Also in terms of their squad, they can let go of Bailly and Matic on a free and make tons of money with Pogba for whom it just hasn't really worked out there, plus some smaller bucks with maybe Rojo, Fred or someone like that.

For a squad like that with lack of quality in certain areas and lack of experience, too, I'd look at older free agents: Cavani, Matuidi, Alderweireld. Cavani can shortterm for 2 seasons help them fix their proper striker problem until Rashford/Greenwood are ready, Matuidi gives them experience, physicality and workrate in midfield after selling Pogba and Alderweireld is just a top class CB to put next to Maguire on a free. Then splash your tons of money on exactly such players as you mention: Maddison, Sancho, Longstaff and a young DM like e.g. Ruben Neves - or bet on McTominay for that position.

Something like that with Solskjaer gone can turn them on an upward trajectory within one summer.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The Arsène Wenger chapter has finished, our fans need to accept that. He moved on and so have we.

Our fans are starting to sound like Utd fans when they keep dwelling on the past and keep on mentioning SAF and “the Utd way”.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
The Arsène Wenger chapter has finished, our fans need to accept that. He moved on and so have we.

Our fans are starting to sound like Utd fans when they keep dwelling on the past and they keep on mentioning SAF and “the Utd way”.

Arsène Wenger way elevated this Club. Utd fans should rightly remember the SAF way when the club identities these legends spent their lives building is being shat on.

The only entertaining football most current Arsenal fans have experienced is down to Arsenes philosophy. The man was named to manage and succeed at this Club.

So long as we are at the Emirates, anyone who comes here will have to contend with the legendary Wengerball.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arsène Wenger way elevated this Club. Utd fans should rightly remember the SAF way when the club identities these legends spent their lives building is being shat on.

The only entertaining football most current Arsenal fans have experienced is down to Arsenes philosophy. The man was named to manage and succeed at this Club.

There’s no denying that Arsène Wenger made massive changes at the club in terms of the style of football but we shouldn’t hide the fact during his final years our football wasn’t great to watch but it was still better than this trash that we’ve had to endure under Unai Emery.

Dwelling on the departure of SAF and always mentioning their history has caused Utd to fall into a massive transition period and they’ve flipped roles with Liverpool when their fans used to be the laughing stock and Utd fans mocked them for having nothing else to mention but their famous history. Our fans are entering that territory.

Arsène Wenger will always be remembered here but the club was here before him and we should not forget that.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
My worry is we’ll have a lesser manager than our rivals and lesser spending too.
How bad is our board/owner that Sp**s have more money, manager and structure than us... even when they just build their new stadium. Arsenal moved to Emirates almost 15 years ago and it fells like we a poor team yet

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

My worry is we’ll have a lesser manager than our rivals and lesser spending too.

Imagine passing up on Jose Mourinho mid season to go for an Eddie Howe in the summer.

The ultimate kiss of death.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Rodgers wasn’t the obvious choice, and he wasn’t even enough a credible option for fans to put the club off him.
You have a very short memory.

Installed as early favourite given permission to speak to Arsenal and then literally le grove and other online voices came out and said no no no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom