• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Flynn Downes is playing well in League 1 for Ipswich right now, looks a good creative talent.

Like the look of Djenepo at Southampton as well, that lad is going places.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gotta get some physicality and athleticism in that January window.

• Boubakary Soumare
  • Ibrahim Sangare
  • Bruno Fernandes (complete midfielder IMO, Guy can do everything.)
  • Exequiel Palacios - another potential 'complete' midfielder.

I think adding pace and power in midfield is an option, but I think we need a serious increase in our technical quality. I would sacrifice extreme athleticism if we could get technically gifted two way players.

As promising as Guendouzi is, he isn't press resistant. We should be looking to sign technically proficient players who can receive under pressure and dribble out. We should also be aiming to get players that can adapt or are adapted.

I am not sure what is going on with our recruitment, but someone like Golovin is built for the Premiership. A player who can dribble,pass, shoot, who has pace and can get back and tackle. We then need a holding player who is excellent in possession. Douglas Luiz is at Villa ffs. What's the point in having Edu if we can't nab Brazilians.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Upamechano
Dacoure
Zaha

Unrealistic they say. Not when we sell Mustafi, El Nenny, Torreria (reluctantly) and sadly PEA.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Brendan Rodgers

Leno
Pereira Saliba Soyuncu Tierney
Torreira Ndidi
Sancho Özil(C) Maddison
Aubameyang

This would be my dream

teamsoutheast

I think adding pace and power in midfield is an option, but I think we need a serious increase in our technical quality. I would sacrifice extreme athleticism if we could get technically gifted two way players.

As promising as Guendouzi is, he isn't press resistant. We should be looking to sign technically proficient players who can receive under pressure and dribble out. We should also be aiming to get players that can adapt or are adapted.

I am not sure what is going on with our recruitment, but someone like Golovin is built for the Premiership. A player who can dribble,pass, shoot, who has pace and can get back and tackle. We then need a holding player who is excellent in possession. Douglas Luiz is at Villa ffs. What's the point in having Edu if we can't nab Brazilians.

If you want a more technical midfield then we should be looking at Bruno Fernandes. Complete midfielder who can tackle, pass, create, score, pretty musch does everything good. He would cost a bomb though and I can see City, Barcelona, PSG being all over him in the summer. Palacios would be a good option from South America, another potential complete midfielder and would be a lot cheaper. We just don't look strong in midfield at all. It's so easy for teams to just slice through our midfield hence why adding physicality and atheleticism may help us a bit.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Out: Xhaka, Musti, Sokratis, Özil, Aubameyang, Bellerin, Emery
In: Zakaria, Saliba, Demiral, Eriksen, Sancho, Atal, Pochettino

Leno
Atal Saliba Luiz Tierney
Torreira Zakaria
Pepe Eriksen Sancho
Lacazette

Subs: Demiral, Holding, Saka, Willock etc.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Ndidi, Bruno Guimarães, Eriksen. If a LW, Everton Soares.

Ndidi = 70 million?
Bruno Guimarães, Everton = 35 million each one.
Eriksen = Free or low cost.

Leno
Bellerin Saliba Luiz Tierney
Ndidi (Torreira)
Guendouzi (Willock) Eriksen (Bruno Guimarães)
Pepe (Nelson/Saka) Aubameyang (Lacazette) Everton (Martinelli)

4-3-3 could be a 4-2-3-1 too with either Willock, Özil if he continues or Eriksen as AM.

I would try to develop Martinelli, I think he is a potential world class (or even franchise) player.

But Everton is perhaps the best player in Brazil today, and for me he should be already in Europe, he is only 23 and still improving (whoscored ratings as starter 7.1 in 2017, 7.4 in 2018 now 7.7 in 2019)... eventually could be a world class too, but even if not, I think he could be very useful player if you are looking for someone on the left for a relatively low cost in today's market.

Bruno Guimarães (22) is doing better than Arthur (of Barcelona) at the same age, according to Sofascore ratings, and is a player who offers quality, distribution and order in Arsenal's midfield , he could eventually be a world class player in his position as well, role of Deep Lying Playmaker, a bit of B2B too. Could be a good bet for his price.

BG and Everton are in the radar of the Brazilian NT for the next 10 years, if all goes right.

Eriksen is proven and is quality, could offer a more offensive option in the midfield-attack. Ndidi seems to be a defensive monster. These are proven in the Premier. They need no further explanation.

A new coach for sure and perhaps a new RB.

Last edited:

mma

If the requirement for Allegri to accept is to spend money I'd condition him back and say 'we improved the EL finalist team last summer, we spent 150m, go and qualify for CL this year and you'll get 100m more to spend on top of that'. I think that'd be doable with CL money and getting rid of high wages of Mesut, Xhaka, Sokratis etc.

Get one midfielder to improve the team in January (Emre Can is a good player that Allegri knows and is proven in EPL, unhappy at Juve and we could probably get him for 30m or on loan with option to buy).

Then do everything you can to improve the defense and midfield next summer (my guess knowing Allegri would be he'd want Koulibaly and SMS). He knows both of them very well, they're playing at a high level for years so you know they're not one season wonders and they both speak English and Italian fluently so they can help with language issues if they exist.

My guess also is Allegri would want a deep team able to play different formations (4-3-1-2 and 4-3-3 IMO). SMS and KK would cost 160-180m so you still have some money left for a good CAM like Bruno Fernandes. I'd also try and get Cavani for free next summer. Seasoned WC striker who regularly goes for 30+ goals (this team needs one more reliable goalscorer) and you could keep his deal short so it doesn't burden us like Özil. He'd also earn less than Özil so you actually save money in that 'swap'.

So...

- Cavani, SMS, KK, Bruno Fernandes, Emre Can IN
- Özil, Xhaka, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Elneny OUT

DEF: Bellerin, Tierney, Chambers, Luiz, Koulibaly, Holding, Saliba
MID: Torreira, Can, SMS, Guendouzi, Willock, Bruno Fernandes, AMN
FW: Auba, Cavani, Lacazette, Martinelli, Pepe

You could make any combination of those strikers work, Bruno Fernandes can play as 3rd midfielder with Torreira and SMS or as a CAM behind two strikers, Auba can drift left with Cavani/Laca in the middle, Martinelli can learn a lot and develop behind them without pressure.

That is a deep and versatile team. You have strong leaders and hard-working character guys in every position (Leno, KK, Tierney, Torreira, SMS, Bruno F, Cavani). Allegri is a master tactician and man manager. He'd make that team tick like clockwork and have us challenging for every trophy there is.

It is a little pricey but nothing crazy. We spent 150m last summer w/o CL football. 100m more w/ CL is really not out of this world. If we actually want to be playing for all the marbles we need a top coach (Allegri) and 2-3 expensive players. If not then yeah, give us Arteta, cheap youngsters and let's dwell in EL for a while.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
We just don't look strong in midfield at all. It's so easy for teams to just slice through our midfield hence why adding physicality and atheleticism may help us a bit.

Its been this way for years, I'm convinced its why our defence is a lot worse than it should be, yes they are pretty **** but ours are **** and exposed constantly, its why we see comical errors all the damn time.

Our midfield hasnt had balance or organisation for years.

Livommar

Its been this way for years, I'm convinced its why our defence is a lot worse than it should be, yes they are pretty **** but ours are **** and exposed constantly, its why we see comical errors all the damn time.

Our midfield hasnt had balance or organisation for years.

Yip. Midfield is a massive issue that needs fixed.

Guendouzi and Torreira are so overrated it’s unreal.

Manberg

Predator
Napoli seem to be struggling in their league yet they have strong defenders. Why not lure some of them?

Koulibaly, Manolas etc.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Is Ziyech a possibility? He could play as a AM (like Özil) or on the right if Pepe is bad, or even on the left. Perhaps it could be a better try than Eriksen, I don't know.

Ndidi, Bruno Guimarães, Ziyech more a CB if it is needed could be a good list.

Mid-Attack

------- Guendounzi --- Ndidi -----------
Pepe ---------- Ziyech -------- Aubemeyang or Saka or Martinelli
---------- Aubameyang/Lacazette -----

https://www.optasportspro.com/news-...ax-have-refined-their-approach-in-possession/

Subs: Özil (?), Willock, Torreira, Bruno Guimarães, Martinelli, Saka, Nelson, ESR, Nketiah.

The team would also be interesting if Allegri took the office because he knows how to explore more speed and fast transitions, not just only the posession-oriented game.

Top Bottom