• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Marcelo Gallardo on course to win back to back Copa Libertadores. If he is not Barca bound we should seriously consider him, could even be available during our mid season.

Yeah, but if you were him, would you wait for Barça or another European team who's more stable than us at the moment?

For someone who wants to make a career in Europe, Arsenal are a poisoned challice right now.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Yeah, but if you were him, would you wait for Barça or another European team who's more stable than us at the moment?

For someone who wants to make a career in Europe, Arsenal are a poisoned challice right now.
Tbh unless he's been given indication behind the scene that the Barca interest is legit, I think we'd be the best option for someone like him coming straight to Europe. I assume we are still kinda, barely considered a top-ish team thanks to our reputation and the financial muscle we've displayed these past two summers.
The only thing I'd be apprehensive about if i was him would be whether it's worth it to come during middle of the season to clean up Emery's mess, the odds will be stacked against him and if it goes tits up it could hurt his reputation.

But like I said, it would depend on how legit the Barca interest is. If it's real, then forget about it he'd already be above our level.

El Duderino

Tbh unless he's been given indication behind the scene that the Barca interest is legit, I think we'd be the best option for someone like him coming straight to Europe. I assume we are still kinda, barely considered a top-ish team thanks to our reputation and the financial muscle we've displayed these past two summers.
The only thing I'd be apprehensive about if i was him would be whether it's worth it to come during middle of the season to clean up Emery's mess, the odds will be stacked against him and if it goes tits up it could hurt his reputation.

But like I said, it would depend on how legit the Barca interest is. If it's real, then forget about it he'd already be above our level.

We have a very small presence in South America. Sure, he knows us, but he may also think that going to Napoli if Carlo was sacked or a top 4 team in Italy or Spain may be much better for him career wise and "size" wise, even though we are finnacialy bigger and in a "better" league.

El Duderino

Chelsea, United, City are much, much bigger in South America. Arsenal and Tottenham are minnows here.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Do you think the quality of football, albeit at HT, is good?

In all honesty, I weren't impressed.

I'm not sure he's what we need anyway, I think the manager we needed has just gone to Tottenham, the only other manager I want now is Simeone but that isn't happening.

I'm not bothered about fancy football right now, I wanted a Jose type to just make us hard to beat and assholes on the pitch, I'm sick and tired of this loser/weak mentality we have.

I think that needs addressing over everything else, back to basics unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom