• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
With a bit more confidence, Pépé takes that chance that he miserably tried to square to Özil and with a bit more luck, Pépé scores the chance that hits the bar in the end. Frustrating.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Unlucky with hitting the bar, the guy has been quite unlucky in the EPL finding his first goal from open play.

Confidence is clearly terrible right now, a new positive manager would help him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's clearly a confidence issue and it doesn't help when the manager comes out publicly and says you've been disappointing. He, like Auba and Laca also is a victim of horrible service and a disastrous setup behind them which necessitates dropping far too deep to get on the ball. Of course, he has to take some share of responsibility for fluffing some of his chances but you can also clearly see that A) he's extremely talented and B)he's been greatly let down by the way the team is set out to play.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Confidence, set up & Emery aside... not really seeing a 70m+ player.

I watched him for Ivory Coast couple of times & started to feel a bit worried.

Odd one... wonder how much we scouted him or more an impulse buy.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Confidence, set up & Emery aside... not really seeing a 70m+ player.

I watched him for Ivory Coast couple of times & started to feel a bit worried.

Odd one... wonder how much we scouted him or more an impulse buy.
He doesn't look any more hopeless than Henry did when he arrived in a more settled team with a peak Wenger in charge. Give the lad some time.

Reactions: roz

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
With a bit more confidence, Pépé takes that chance that he miserably tried to square to Özil and with a bit more luck, Pépé scores the chance that hits the bar in the end. Frustrating.
That was never going to be a goal. Straight at the keeper

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
There might be a player there but it doesn’t feel like a 70 million price tag worthy one. I would be happy if he proves my feeling to be wrong but seems unlikely

GDeep™

League is very weak
No confidence at the all because the manager is a bum. Simple. No point beating around the bush.

You bench him when he’s caught some form and Özil comes into the team, bring him on when we need a goal and he looks like today.

He’s lost.

No confidence at the all because the manager is a bum. Simple. No point beating around the bush.

You bench him when he’s caught some form and Özil comes into the team, bring him on when we need a goal and he looks like today.

He’s lost.

No need to kick him when is already down.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we want to unlock this guy we need an open expansive brand of football. The way BR is managing Leicester for example, he has each and every player playing to their best and fulfilling their role; whether it is to break up play or to create.

Right now our midfield can't break down the opposition (playing a 20 year old CM at DM) and it cant create (playing a DM at No.8).
Thats just in terms of the setup, what makes it worse is our midfield transitions going forward.

How is a winger meant to flourish when he is just given the ball and told "here you go do something with that". You're meant to attack in waves, triangles, transitions to tactically overload the opposition with your players, leaving gaps for players like Pepe to take advantage of.

I have realised that Emery is only capable of ****housery which is why Laca and Auba served him so well last season (and continue to to an extent), our attack is just basically getting the ball into the box as best we can and hoping they muster up some magic, there isnt much need for creative players who arent workhorses. Its a joke, I'd say its mid table football but in this league a mid table side playing in such a disjointed fashion would be in the relegation zone.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Missed another one-on-one chance just like v.Liverpool away.
He looks to be desperately short of confidence.

Wryer

Not giving on him. He's joined the team at the lowest point over the last 18 months. He clearly has the ability but his confidence is shot. For whats it worth - I don't think Zaha could have done any better given the team form.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
In 45 minutes he had 2 great chances to score/get an assist and bottled both of them again.
You can't keep blaming confidence/manager all the time.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He has bags of ability. However, we can’t blame Emery entirely for his current form. He’s missed very easy chances- Emery can’t legislate for that.

He needs to start having sustainable influences on games. Atm we’re getting 15 minute flashes here and there. I like him though, I think he’s gonna be deadly when he finds his feet.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He has bags of ability. However, we can’t blame Emery entirely for his current form. He’s missed very easy chances- Emery can’t legislate for that.

He needs to start having sustainable influences on games. Atm we’re getting 15 minute flashes here and there. I like him though, I think he’s gonna be deadly when he finds his feet.

Confidence is the most important thing for an athlete.
Right now most of the team is trash because their confidence is shot.

Let's wait to see them in a different/better context. Everything is so toxic around the club right now that it's hard for our players to perform.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He doesn't look any more hopeless than Henry did when he arrived in a more settled team with a peak Wenger in charge. Give the lad some time.

I think people forget that Henry was France’s top scorer in a World Cup winning campaign before joining us.

The guy had credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom