• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Southampton | Saturday, November 23 | 15:00 GMT

What result are you hoping for in this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Of course it's easy and logical to focus on the dumpster fire that is Emery but I would like to take a moment out and credit Özil. I thought he was the best player on the pitch today. He ran his socks off, tried to be positive and at the end was one of the few players tracking back as Southampton should have scored a couple of times on the break when we were half heartedly chasing the game. I have been very critical of him(and justifiably so IMO) but it has been heartening to see his effort since he's come back into the team, even with this manager using him as a scapegoat and publicly throwing him under the bus. I just thought that deserved a moment of respect because while the results have not been there, he hasn't downed tools. He's put forth a much better effort than the manager's darlings Xhaka and Bellerin.
He's been very good and been much better than the options around him. I predicted this though, Özil has something to prove. I feel like after a few weeks, when he in his own mind feels like he has proven himself, hes going to slightly take his foot off the gas and reach his equilibrium. Thats just my opinion. This ****storm that emery has caused has made a lot of people forget that Özil struggles to apply himself unless there is something to prove; either a contract or his attitude and professional (PR) being questioned. Lets see what happens in a few months or after a new manager settles, but right now hes great to watch.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
That muted celebration for the second equaliser and the look of disgust on Laca's face, is a clear indication that the dressing room is lost. Laca probably realised he gave Emery more time with that goal.

We were saved our blushes by very poor finishing from Soton, or it could have been an embarrassment . They could\ve easily got 4 or 5.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
You watch the game mate? Pretty terrible.
Yes, as i've done all season:rolleyes: Missed the first 6 minutes, started watching, wondered why we couldn't get out of our defensive half and then conceded, great stuff. Reminded me of when i watched an away game at Stoke at a pub a few years ago, was 15 seconds late, sat down without even ordering a drink yet and we conceded to Bojan. Disgusting club. Don't even let you get comfortable before they fall apart.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes, as i've done all season:rolleyes: Missed the first 6 minutes, started watching, wondered why we couldn't get out of our defensive half and then conceded, great stuff. Reminded me of when i watched an away game at Stoke at a pub a few years ago, was 15 seconds late, sat down without even ordering a drink yet and we conceded to Bojan. Disgusting club. Don't even let you get comfortable before they fall apart.

Didn’t have you down as a pub type.

Wryer

Laca's celebration, the muteness of the crowd thereafter must surely come as one of the weirdest situation ever. No one wanted that goal. Incredible.

Divided_Pie

Emery’s not wrong when he points out the 20 minutes or so of strong play in the 2nd half. Didn’t covert the chances but they were coming.

The infuriating thing is we FINALLY saw a 4231 with Auba, Laca, Pepe, and Özil all in there at the same time. WHY HAS THIS TAKEN SO LONG TO SEE? There were some moments of interplay on the right between Pepe, Özil, and Bellerin (who was very poor overall) that I’ve been waiting all season for. Tierney was very dangerous on the left as well.

CB and CM are seemingly beyond hope at this point but at least we can score a bunch of goals if we just stick with that attack for a stretch and give them time to gel together and for Hector to get fit.

GoonerBoy19

The point is 20 min of football isn't going to help them in premier league. We have seen in past where losing focus for a few mins cost us games. It's sad that the board still thinks Emery can turn around the season. Even relegation level clubs sack managers faster than this.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He'll bang on about those 20 minutes for awhile when in reality it was like 15 minutes & even if it was 20 minutes, how does that make it alright to be outplayed by Southampton at home for the rest of the game?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Didnt know the ball was rolling for the quick free kick leading Southampton’s first goal. It almost seems churlish to mention it but we had quick free kick stopped by the ref in the 1st half for exactly the same thing.

Apparently this scenario cannot be overturned by VAR. No idea why?

Just to be clear - I think Emery is a
Dead man walking regardless.

I didn't post it to knock Wenger, I was pointing out that even at his worse Wenger was still better than Emery!
The only problem with Wenger was he was allowed to carry on for too long. Should have been replaced by Klopp or Pep when the opportunity was there to do so.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We allowed Southampton to have 21 shots at the Emirates. Did I read that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom