• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Contract Watch

roz

Fake News Merchant
It's actually not as bad as it sounds when you consider how good Martinelli is in his rookie season and we have Nketiah as a backup. Buying one top forward or investing that money in wingers/midfielders wouldn't hurt us.
Exactly this.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
There are none now, they all support pool and citeh

Nah kids are still coming through as fans down to parents and living in London, we may have lost areas across the world but not much changes locally.

However, my two kids can support whoever they want and I don't care, I want to try bring them up neutral, I want them to be able to enjoy and understand football without emotion or bias involved as hard as that may be.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What do we have to lose? If Laca leaves with his 12 goals a season so ****ing what? He’s pushing 30 and is as average as they come.

Who else is there? Torreira, absolute plodder. Auba? Great goal scorer, offers nothing else.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Get Arteta, get a young team, we might finish 6th for a couple of seasons but hopefully we can start something new with Tierney, Saliba, Guendouzi, new guys etc.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Nah kids are still coming through as fans down to parents and living in London, we may have lost areas across the world but not much changes locally.

However, my two kids can support whoever they want and I don't care, I want to try bring them up neutral, I want them to be able to enjoy and understand football without emotion or bias involved as hard as that may be.
Fair play mate, id make sure mine had arsenal PJs :lol:
Have seen a couple of kids in islington with City/Pool tops before. Even saw one with a Leicester shirt once!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Fair play mate, id make sure mine had arsenal PJs :lol:
Have seen a couple of kids in islington with City/Pool tops before. Even saw one with a Leicester shirt once!

Yeah London has various fans of clubs just not from London :lol:

Rarely see Chelsea, Fulham or Palace fans at all from my experience and I'm in London a lot.

Seen more River Plate fans than I have Fulham actually!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It's actually not as bad as it sounds when you consider how good Martinelli is in his rookie season and we have Nketiah as a backup. Buying one top forward or investing that money in wingers/midfielders wouldn't hurt us.
No way we can replace Aubas goals, unless we get lucky. Laca wouldnt bother me though.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Get Arteta, get a young team, we might finish 6th for a couple of seasons but hopefully we can start something new with Tierney, Saliba, Guendouzi, new guys etc.
2006-2008 back on the menu, it was actually the last time I truly enjoyed our football.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Auba at his peak now it will sucks losing him after 2 season and half but you can't blame him because he 30 goals striker want to be with a team who compete for trophies he not kane who rather at club who win nothing

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What do people think will happen with Cedric and Mori? Were they stop gaps or signed with a view to making them permanent deals?

I’m sure budgets around the footballing world will have been battered so it might mean we sign them up.

roz

Fake News Merchant
What do people think will happen with Cedric and Mori? Were they stop gaps or signed with a view to making them permanent deals?

I’m sure budgets around the footballing world will have been battered so it might mean we sign them up.
They’ll both be desperate to sign. Could actually put us in a decent bargaining position with both due to financial uncertainty across pretty much every club.

Obviously the club could never have forseen Coronavirus but it highlights how shiyte our recruitment policy is. The Soares deal was sheer stupidity. My real worry is whether it was just that, stupidity or done as some kind of dodgy deal. Dont know which is worse tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

This is taking really longer than expected unless he looking for 80-100k we shouldn't have any problems

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

2020 - Macey, Cedric, Mori, Ceballos
2021 - Sokratis*, Luiz*, Mustafi, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Saka, Aubameyang

*We have an option to extend for another year.

Talk of Luiz getting an extension due to Kia owning Edu and Raul. Other than him I’d only be trying to keep Saka and Aubameyang.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
2020 - Macey, Cedric, Mori, Ceballos
2021 - Sokratis*, Luiz*, Mustafi, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Saka, Aubameyang

*We have an option to extend for another year.

Talk of Luiz getting an extension due to Kia owning Edu and Raul. Other than him I’d only be trying to keep Saka and Aubameyang.
Don't mind Luiz staying tbh. He is inconsistent and horrendous at times but when he is good, he's proven to be way better than any of our senior CBs currently on the book.

Socrates, Mari, Chambers, Mavropanos and Mustafi should be out of the door asap. We should put money towards getting both Ben White and Pau Torress someone of that profile and with Saliba coming back it would be a really exciting CB roster to have.

We'd be short on the experience front but what kind of experience do you really need to hover around mid table spots in all honesty.

GunnerShy

Ok, so.. last season Raul made the comment that we should not let players get into the last year of their contracts. Since then, I'm not convinced we've done anything to really address this. We shouldn't be allowing players to get into the final 2 yrs of their contract. Otherwise your selling for cut price with one year left. Although this is increasingly becoming a problem at many clubs (THFC, Man City etc) this does appear to be one of the few areas where we are ahead of the curve of other clubs . Given that we've extended almost no contracts recently, worryingly a lot of lists management decisions need to be made this summer. I'd be interested in seeing what the consensus is on here for each player (pulled from Transfermarkt)

Players with 2 years or less left.

E. Martínez
Goalkeeper
Sep 2, 1992 (27) 30.06.2022
Sell/Extend

M. Macey
Goalkeeper
Sep 9, 1994 (25) 30.06.2021
Sell/Extend

Sokratis
Centre-Back
Jun 9, 1988 (32) 30.06.2021
Sell/Extend

S. Mustafi
Centre-Back
Apr 17, 1992 (28)
40.png
Sell/Extend

David Luiz
Centre-Back
Apr 22, 1987 (33)
26.png
Release/Extend

P. Marí
Centre-Back
Aug 31, 1993 (26)
157.png
Release/Extend

S. Kolasinac
Left-Back
Jun 20, 1993 (26) 30.06.2022
Sell/Extend

C. Chambers
Right-Back
Jan 20, 1995 (25) 30.06.2022
Sell/Extend

M. Guendouzi
Central Midfield
Apr 14, 1999 (21)
50.png
Sell/Extend

M. Özil
Attacking Midfield
Oct 15, 1988 (31)
40.png
Going nowhere

B. Saka
Left Winger
Sep 5, 2001 (18) 30.06.2021
Sell/Extend

P. Aubameyang

Centre-Forward
Jun 18, 1989 (31) 30.06.2021
Sell/Extend

A. Lacazette
Centre-Forward
May 28, 1991 (29) 30.06.2022
Sell/Extend

E. Nketiah
Centre-Forward
May 30, 1999 (21) 30.06.2022
Sell/Extend

My opinions in bold. The Mustafi one might be controversial. 14 players with decisions to be made this summer. This points to some serious mismanagement at head office. Perhaps they'll use this thread to inform next steps...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Martinez-Cover in fuel and fire into the sun
Macey-Sell
Soktratis-Sell
Mustafi-Sell
David Luiz-Release
Mari-Release
Kolasinac-Sell
Chambers-Sell
Guendouzi-Extend