• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 121,128
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
None of this should come as a surprise. When Mourinho came back to Chelsea he got rid of him, Conte brought him back to play in a back three which hid his flaws but even then dropped him in the 17/18 season. PSG happily let him go back to Chelsea. Benitez never trusted him as a CB, even played him midfield instead. Chelsea signed Cahill in January 2012 because they simply couldn't rely on Luiz. Even when Brazil were playing well in the 2014 world cup he was the clear weak link, that's without mentioning the 7-1.

You get what you get with Luiz, errors, brainless decision making but because he was experienced and a bit of a character we ignored all that thinking we got a massive coup. Shortcut FC.
Have to say I fell for it hook, line and sinker... But I don't get paid to make these decisions and if I did I wouldn't make them on a whim like it was a a hobby..

Highbury

Not sure what people were expecting. He was and always be a circus defender.

High entertainment value, gets goals, but his defensive awareness is a joke and it is very hard to construct a title-winning side with him marshaling the back-line.

Hopefully Saliba will hit the ground running and develop a decent partnership with Holding next season. Luiz, Mustafi and Papa should be out of the door by 2021.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Yeah, I don't want to look at his defensive work because its non existent. He scored a goal and had our best effort on target.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Luiz was only every good in solid systems. In this absolute mess hes been a clown. I geniunely think Mustafi could be playing better than him rn

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I think he’s quietly been improving. Not in a “no glaring errors” way, more a solid and dependable way. Scored a couple of goals which he’s always capable of. Hits a delicious diag.

With his experience and quality he should be a nailed on starter IMO. It’s about who suits playing with him best. But I can’t help but think he could be an unreal DM.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think he’s quietly been improving. Not in a “no glaring errors” way, more a solid and dependable way. Scored a couple of goals which he’s always capable of. Hits a delicious diag.

With his experience and quality he should be a nailed on starter IMO. It’s about who suits playing with him best. But I can’t help but think he could be an unreal DM.
His footwork has been poor and overrated. He has made many poor passes across or out of the defence. His long range pings are good but not enough to warrant him starting until he fixes his positioning.

Luiz is better suited a 3atb or as a DM as you say

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
His footwork has been poor and overrated. He has made many poor passes across or out of the defence. His long range pings are good but not enough to warrant him starting until he fixes his positioning.

Luiz is better suited a 3atb or as a DM as you say
And basically who is responsible for this? Emery..

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He's getting paid actual money to do that. The club are depositing something like 150k a week in his bank account to do that... I'd like to grab him by his hair and ram his face into the screen of this laptop like you would a dog who just shat on the carpet, and say 'what's that?! Eh, WHAT'S THAT?!!!'

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thought we could have squeezed a good year or two out of him, but does look finished...still like him, and wouldn’t totally give up on him until we see him under a better manager, if we get one...the type of player who plays well when the team is playing well, but poorly when the team is poor, not great but if we get a proper system in place soon still think he could be quality.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This actually highlights perfectly the shambles at the back. At no point in that clip were all our defenders in a line, not a single moment. The lack of cohesion is staggering. Everyone is doing their own thing, playing offside, chasing the ball as individuals, resulting in chaotic and unorganised attempts at defending.

Luiz we already knew isn't an elite defender but how is it that he was an integral part of a defence that finshed 3rd last season. Or been the heart of a defence that has won multiple PL titles, both in a back 4 or 3. Sokratis similarly has been part of a good defence when at Dortmund too, though his mistakes seem more individual than system.

pikey2000

Perhaps if we get a settled back 4 we may see some cohesion, at present he's had to play with a different LB and CB next to him and moved from a back 4 to a back 3, multiple multiple times in the first quarter of a season in a completely new team to him.....hardly surprising he's had ups and downs, i'm not saying he is elite but the manager isn't helping with the constant switching.....but that can be said for the whole squad tbh.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When your opposition sells you a player that should be a red flag. Why would Chelsea give you Luiz to play Tomori and Zouma?

Because he’s **** that’s why. We went through this with Lichtsteiner.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
When your opposition sells you a player that should be a red flag. Why would Chelsea give you Luiz to play Tomori and Zouma?

Because he’s **** that’s why. We went through this with Lichtsteiner.

Juve didn't sell him to us though. Plus he looked good his last season at Juve. Turned the game against Sp**s around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom