• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal v Eintracht Frankfurt | November 28 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Be honest: Did you cheer Frankfurt's goals?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Headlines are writen by editors, not by the journos, and designed to grab attention. Always read the articles.

em52h.jpg

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I don't know how your confidence go from total control at 1st half to total collapse at 2nd half?

It runs deeper than confidence. Frankfurt were rattled and pretty ****e, but you could see there's a certin tactical blueprint implemented, their gameplan just didn't come off in the first half, also due to a lack of wrong or missing personnel. Arsenal was, although having the stronger first half, the complete opposite. There was no overall tactical blueprint but individual effort in the right spots gave Arsenal the upper hand. And you can very well point this to individual class or effort and not a manager plan by how dysfunctional the team actually was overall especially in context of how bad Frankfurt actually was. The wide players just put in a massive individual shift with the rest of the team being disjointed and Frankfurt were similarly disjointed, lacked the individual effort and class and had the wrong game plan. Hutter then changed his team at half time not to exploit Arsenal's shortcomings, but he only adressed his team's shortcomings, and they went up a notch. Emery didn't react until the game had been decided and even then he went for all the wrong decisions. Emery got outchoached at half time. That's what happened. One coach reacted to the first half, the other didn't. And when **** went down the drain, he reacted poorly. First brought on Guendouzi when Xhaka was still on the field instead of bringing on Torreira, then took off the night's best player in Martinelli, brought on Özil but shifted out wide as right midfielder, then later Torreira and used him at 10 again. Emery let himself get outchoached, easy as that. And it rippled the team cause in contrast to Frankfurt, who came out in the second half with answers to what wasn't going right, Emery let his team run into the knife tactically.

Keplaz

I've wanted Emery gone for a while now but the closer it gets, I'm starting to feel sorry for him. He needs to go but for most of my life as an Arsenal supporter we've had one manager. It feels bizarre for the club to be sacking managers. It's so unArsenal.

Toby

:rofl:

Feck it, he deserves everything he gets from the fans. Those feeing sorry for him are wasting their energy.

Hate this apologetic ****. If the team was bad and the gameplan ****, just be honest. I hate it when my U18 boys come home from a game I couldn't attend cause I played myself and I get **** like this from them. "We deserved more bla bla". I tell them to shut up and work harder, not to find excuses. You lose because of yourself, you win because of yourself, and when you lose you didn't deserve more and you got to deal with that, as a player and as a coach, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Toby

The club deliberately wanted to destroy everything on pitch that Wenger built-good and bad. A manager who was polar opposite and succeeded would allow them to bask in reflected glory and blame everything bad over the last 10 years on Wenger. The truth is that Wenger was literally holding everything together. Kroenke's out.

I don't think the club - owners and board - wanted that. They just have no clue. But I'm completely convinced Emery and Raul wanted this. They both had something to prove. Raul never ran a club but was a cog in the Barca wheel, Emery just had failed at paris; they didn't care one inch about the legacy of the last two decades, they were out to prove themselves from the get go, and due to this were hellbent on turning everything from the previous regime upside down just to prove their point or worth. Emery's disstake interview with Marca in which he said Arsenal had lost its will to win or something under Wenger and he needed to change everything was a massive clue for this. Couple this with them being not equipped to do their jobs at a club this big, you get the mess Arsenal currently is in.

Toby

We lost to a manager named Adolf Hutter... I was wondering why the commentator kept calling him Adi the whole match.

:lol:

Next to your austrian nudist Hasenhuetll you now got your austrian right wing history teacher.

But tbh, apart from the Baden-Wuerttemberg thing I'm on your side. Hasenhuetll looks like the ****ing german potatoe that would roundhouse kick you at a greek or turkish all inclusive hotel's buffet just to get to the schnitzel first. Hate Germans to be honest. Swabians, that's where I draw the line. Some Bavarians and Hessians are cool, but you cross the Bretzeläquator: **** them. Absolutely loathe Saxonians and Thuringians, bunch of Nazi folk. Berlin: Hate them, too.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
First I went mental at the Germans and had one of them taken out of stadium before almost getting into a fight with a green shirt guy cause he didn't have much brain.
it was nice to piss them all out, but now it's clubs job to make me, us, happy.
Disgraceful we are.
Make my trip to Norwich worth it!

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
It's happened....I missed the match and didn't even care, came on here to find out we lost - no surprise to be honest. I have officially stopped watching us play because it's so boring and I don't feel like structuring my day and schedule around our team anymore. Until I see some change I will just watch highlights

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Frankfurt were utter ****e in the first half. Honestly think that our U23s would have smashed them.

I fall asleep and you guys are telling me we lost! Did I watch some other game in the first half???

m-due

Not only were we embarrassed by the performance, the empty seats :( cringe! Norwich expects nothing but 3 points against us lol The state of our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom