• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah but has been even worse than Xhaka but everyone slurps up Torreira even though he’s been sh*t since January.

1. He’s been at this club just over a year. This is Xhaka’s 4th season
2. He’s 5 years younger and still learning English
3. He’s shown during his best performances like the 4-2 NLD, an extremely high ceiling

I don’t even think Torreira’s had more than 2 starts in a row since January yet during our best run of form under Emery he was playing every week.

When he’s thrown on now it’s in some nonsensical free role.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Under utilised. Should be playing the Fabinho role in midfield until we get a ready made solution

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Another player completely mismanaged by Emery, surprised his confidence isn't completely gone too. Emery has so many options to him yet persists with someone like Ceballos until injuries forced his hand and refuses to start Auba CF, Pepe RW an Özil at 10. It's like having a Ferrari and driving it like it's a Fiat.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Huge talent. Needs to rotate with Guendouzi, because he is no worse than the French kid and offers things he doesn't have.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This guy should be starting every game. He has a hell of an engine on him, perfect replacement for Ramsey as he scores as well. Him not playing regularly was the spark that turned me against Emery. He started the season well and was then dropped. I'm pretty sure whoever takes over from Emery will start Willock regularly.

CJJ

Established Member
Evident his role is at number 10, lovely engine and good skill. I think he was our best player today - in a game where so many failed to show up.

Good to see him back with a good performance!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Was one of our better players - IMO he was our best today. It wasn't a perfect performance - there were moments when he got his head down a bit too much but in a team with so little structure and offensive movement, he doesn't have as many options as he should. I'd like to see him deeper on the pitch rather than the pseudo #10 role that Emery plays him in. He's not as creative as we need him to be in that role in terms of finding pockets of space and playing through balls a la Özil, but he has the dribbling and energy to do that deeper on the field, where his passing can be more effective aswell. I was impressed with his workrate.

Afro Mugo

I really enjoyed his game today especially considering no Number 10 shines in an Emery system as everything goes via full backs . He demonstrated his close control and dribbling ability in patches and defended quite well. I can't wait until he fully grows into his body. Wenger had his faults and I questioned his decision to fast track Willock over DaSilva and Mcguane and slowly by slowly I can see what he saw in him and he's yet to fully showcase his passing ability.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I really enjoyed his game today especially considering no Number 10 shines in an Emery system as everything goes via full backs . He demonstrated his close control and dribbling ability in patches and defended quite well. I can't wait until he fully grows into his body. Wenger had his faults and I questioned his decision to fast track Willock over DaSilva and Mcguane and slowly by slowly I can see what he saw in him and he's yet to fully showcase his passing ability.

This is what annoys me so much about him playing such an advanced role. He’s one of few who’s first touch gets the ball out of his feet and has an excellent passing range.

The fact that he’s only seen for his athleticism and used to run channels by Emery does my nut.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Was one of our better players - IMO he was our best today. It wasn't a perfect performance - there were moments when he got his head down a bit too much but in a team with so little structure and offensive movement, he doesn't have as many options as he should. I'd like to see him deeper on the pitch rather than the pseudo #10 role that Emery plays him in. He's not as creative as we need him to be in that role in terms of finding pockets of space and playing through balls a la Özil, but he has the dribbling and energy to do that deeper on the field, where his passing can be more effective aswell. I was impressed with his workrate.
He was careless on the ball many times, and when you have player like Auba close to him, it negatively impacts our ball progression. The 2 of them break our attacks better than the opposition defence.
I would like to see his development in the way Yaya Toure played, bit deeper with the freedom to burst forward. Having Özil or ESR in front of him would take the creativity burden from him, something he seems to struggle with.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This is what annoys me so much about him playing such an advanced role. He’s one of few who’s first touch gets the ball out of his feet and has an excellent passing range.

The fact that he’s only seen for his athleticism and used to run channels by Emery does my nut.
Particularly when we're begging for someone to spray the ball around and create space by moving the ball..
This football we're playing is some of the blandest hit and hope crap I have ever seen.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Looked tired after playing both on Thursday and today. But we need his energy and industry in the team. Also one of the few players who's technically good enough in controlling the ball in tight spaces.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ee really should put too much pressure on out youngsters willock playing 2 games in 3 days won't do him well

darkgunner

Had a good game earlier this week but was very poor today, needs to learn to be more consistent with his workrate.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I want our youngsters to succeed as obviously do other fans here which is why we keep seeing excuses for them. But the truth is, I don't see a top talent here. Maybe a decent squaddie in the future but the biggest faults in his game are related to anticipating the game play and reading spaces. These things don't usually improve drastically at this point. The only hope for him becoming a starter for Arsenal is to start molding his game to a more physical direction, sort of a battling defensive mid with a bit of offensive upside but I really don't see him developing the terrier like attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom