• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
On a human level, good luck, I think he was a genuinely good man, but he was too confusing and this job was too big for him.

On a team level, he did a lot of damage to this team with shocking man-management issues (Ramsey, Özil, Koscielny, Xhaka, etc....) all over the place lineups, Sunday league tactics and what not.

Good riddance and enjoy your next job at Alaves !!!

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Think we all know the bad times of his reign here but what about the positives?

Sp**s home game
Hard fought win against Chelsea
Fulham away (we've got our arsenal back!)

Anymore?

Basically the entire unbeaten run was great. Not the best football but you felt it could improve with some proper players.

The blueprint was there with 4-3-3 inside forwards and overlapping fullbacks bombing the box with dangerous low crosses... The team was tougher to beat, and it felt like we're building something.

It all went tits up quickly, tho. Not sure why.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
It's going downhill from here.

I'm writing off this season already. What a nightmare.

Thanks for some good memories Unai but please don't come back here.

Good ebening and good riddance.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Thank God that is over! At the end it really became unbearable. Even for Emery this must be a relief. Hope he can go somewhere else and rebuild his career.

Look forward to the Norwich game now! Hope the players come out and play hard for Freddie and to show that under different management they can do better.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Arsenal’s executives had decided that Unai Emery should be sacked following Saturday’s dismal 2-2 draw with Southampton.

Raul Sanllehi, the club’s head of football, and Vinai Venkatesham, the managing director, made the recommendation to the Kroenke ownership to fire Emery during a pre-planned trip to the United States earlier this week.

Emery was not aware the recommendation had been made, taking charge of Thursday’s Europa League defeat by Eintracht Frankfurt as normal.

Upon his arrival at the club’s London Colney training ground on Friday, the Spaniard was spoken to by Sanllehi, Venkatesham and technical director Edu and informed that he was being fired.

The club’s first-team players arrived at around 10am and were spoken to in the dressing room by Sanllehi, Venkatesham and Edu. They were also spoken to by Freddie Ljungberg, the assistant coach who has now been appointed as interim head coach ahead of this weekend’s trip to face Norwich City.

Telegraph Sport understands that Emery was given the opportunity to say personal farewells to the players. He is said to have reacted professionally and respectfully to the news of his sacking.

Despite increasing concern over recent results and performances, Emery’s attitude and work ethic has never been questioned within the club.

Emiliano Martinez, the Arsenal goalkeeper, has said it is the players’ fault that Emery has been sacked. Writing on Instagram, he said the players had not “performed the right way”.

"Our most sincere thanks go to Unai and his colleagues who were unrelenting in their efforts to get the club back to competing at the level we all expect and demand," Josh Kroenke said on behalf of club owners Kroenke Sports & Entertainment.

"We wish Unai and his team nothing but future success."
Glad Unai didn't try to drag everyone down with him ala Mourinho, hope he does well wherever he goes.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
An Italian working in Italian slow league with occasional slow European games, with Italian defenders at a club that embraces italian football culture makes it seem like the Italian culture of defending is still alive. Put an Italian team up against pace and power and an increased tempo and they can get run off the pitch.

Now put an Italian manager, in an English league, with NO italian defenders or players for that fact, in a fast tempo league where there are no gimmies and every game is difficult, filled with transition teams and physicality and you get a flop.

No to Allegri. No to Nuno. I don't want percentage **** defensive football at my club. We have attacking talent that needs an attacking coach to organise and come coordinate into a cohesive attack and a cohesive press. **** the defence. The problem is that we can't create shooting opportunities for some of the best scorers in the world.
This doesn't make any sense. Ancelotti, Ranieri and Conte all won the PL in their first season. Sure, Ranieri was at Chelsea a long time ago, but the league changed a lot since then.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I am sure there will now be a lot of leaks which will show how much of a dysfunctional wreck Emery has been here. season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom