• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
This was mentioned months back. Supposedly a lot of the youngsters are the culprits. It's unfortunate but that's football changing room like banter.

Yeah it happens everywhere really, but to do it in front of Emery or so he can hear/see is really disrespectful. You don't have to like him, but they should act professionally when they are at the training ground.. The fact that it's the youngsters makes this even more disappointing for me.

Reactions: A_G

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I'm no tactical genius but I can't see a formation that does work with this imbalance in our squad..

It's why Arsène struggled so much in his last 2 years and Emery just kept getting worse. It's gonna be hard for the next manager and we need to be patience with squad building but if we keep spending all out money on forwards and cheaping out on midfield and defence the next manager will have the same issues.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's why Arsène struggled so much in his last 2 years and Emery just kept getting worse. It's gonna be hard for the next manager and we need to be patience with squad building but if we keep spending all out money on forwards and cheaping out on midfield and defence the next manager will have the same issues.
Absolutely and we're in a pickle if PEA leaves because then the board will be forced to spend on forwards..

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
tenor.gif

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

It did come out earlier:

Just bringing it up again, doesn't look like they are making it up..
If really true it just confirms that there are no leaders whatsoever in the squad. A real captain would have smacked them around the head and told them to get serious.

TriniGunner

Typical mid-table manager. Too afraid and ultra defensive. Cannot handle star players. Add language problems to the mix. It was going to end like this.
Anyway, all the best for the next job.

He was always a fraud. Since he was appointed I was one of the few supporters who didn't have full confidence in him managing this club...especially with the way Arsenal fans these days are impatient. Emery isn't a bad guy or a bad coach, he just disguised himself as a good one to get this job when he KNEW it was way over his head. We need a man manager, a motivator, an organizer and someone who the players trust and respect. This may sound a bit crazy but we also need a manager who can communicate and manage the expectations of the fans. Emery was none of those things from the start and I knew his beef with Özil was the beginning of the end for him.

Last edited:

Hexagon9

At least now we’ll all be able to go back to concentrating 100% on slagging-off the players when they don’t try hard enough, make stupid mistakes, and generally show how they aren’t really very good.
Lovely stuff.:lol:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if players couldn't understand what Emery wanted from them, and no one was allowed to intervene, then laughing at the situation was probably the least disrespectful response

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Wish him all the best in future.

I began to dislike him in his first season, his second match against Chelsea. He had some time of glory too. However, this season he completely lost it.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I didn’t like him as an Arsenal manager but I have nothing against him as a person. Hope he does well in his next job. Sadly this job was just too big for him.

TriniGunner

if players couldn't understand what Emery wanted from them, and no one was allowed to intervene, then laughing at the situation was probably the least disrespectful response

I'm a coach..not a pro coach but I have a group of u18's and u16's under my leadership. Communication is key...it's critical, it's what sets the great managers apart from the good ones. When you can communicate tactics, strategy and the overall objective of your playing style to the players and you see it on the pitch, you know you're going places as a coach. I've seen Unai Emery on the touchline literally trying to orchestrate players AND tell them what to do during games...that's a NO NO! It means you haven't communicated what needs to be done and you're actually winging it during games. These are pro players and your job as a coach/manager is to be able to find players who can take instruction and carry them out. Emery's inability to communicate to his players would have ultimately led to his demise. It's a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom