• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Wish him all the best, was never a fan of his man-management but you could tell he had passion for the game and was excited to be here.

His style just didnt fit the prem and our players.

He will definitely get a job. Always feel bad for people who lose their job after putting their heart into it, hope he gets to translate that in a team suited to his philosophy.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I feel sad for him, but haven't forgotten some of the man management and decisions that got us here.

Hope he does well now that we don't have to watch it. I spend £2300 per year for my seats, and this year a few have gone to waste.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Now that he is gone it's on the players to show more. Emery didn't cover himself in glory, but neither did quite a few of the players. Emery isn't here anymore so now it is on them to show some improvement.

Reading the excellent summary above and watching our games over the last several years it is clear that several players just aren't anything to hang our hats on. Too many shy away from responsibility. Emery had to go but for us to become anything like competitors our squad needs to be freshened up and under performers like Xhaka, Özil, Sokratis, Mustafi, etc. need to be shipped out.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I don't know if you can call him ultra defensive when the team conceded at least a goal for the past, what was it, 8-9 games?
If anything, I'd call him simple minded.
His tactics were anyway defensive. Playing 5 at the back against relegation fodder at home? We conceded because our defenders still don't know how to organise themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom