• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
Will never forgive him for Ramsey and making the players believe we are mid-table quality who have to play chameleon football.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What were your top positive and negative points of the Emery tenure?

Positives
Lots of youngsters
Good performances versus our direct rivals
It proved that we have a lot of problems which won't be solved by just heart, desire and running around.

Negatives
Ridiculous lineups
Too much tinkering with the tactics
We lost our identity (this might be the biggest negative but the most subtle)

All in all, a very forgettable experience...

DasBootist

Gracis Unai
Yea, thanks Unai. You really lowered the bar, man.

All these messages of thanks and wishing him luck in future, seem so empty to me. He got the job of filling in our best ever manager's shoes and failed pretty spectacularly.

Who honestly gives a **** about Emery?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
What were your top positive and negative points of the Emery tenure?

Positives
Lots of youngsters
Good performances versus our direct rivals
It proved that we have a lot of problems which won't be solved by just heart, desire and running around.

Negatives
Ridiculous lineups
Too much tinkering with the tactics
We lost our identity (this might be the biggest negative but the most subtle)

All in all, a very forgettable experience...
The negatives are too long for me to list, but on the positives, he seems like a good guy... not sure what else I can say about him that I considered positive. I guess I can say that what he promised was positive, the pressing, the passing from the back, the attacking attitude, but we didn't see these things for most of his tenure.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Yea, thanks Unai. You really lowered the bar, man.

All these messages of thanks and wishing him luck in future, seem so empty to me. He got the job of filling in our best ever manager's shoes and failed pretty spectacularly.

That's fair enough but so many players and managers openly disrespect their club when things start to go bad. Emery did a bad job but he tried his best and was always respectful and professional so why part on anything other than good terms ? Who knows when or how our paths might cross again

dbig

Some good results versus top 4, but we just became very **** overall.

Glad he's gone. Hope Freddie does better.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't know how much you've been around in life, but sometimes the square peg doesn't fit the round hole. You can yell at the peg or the hole, but they won't fit.

Emery wasn't the right fit for Arsenal. That doesn't make him a bad person, in fact, many will recognize that he tried his best.

There is nothing wrong with wishing people good luck later in life, even if a particular job didn't work out. In fact, that is standard practice.

I was pleased that the club recognized that this wasn't working. That it was a square peg in a round hole situation. At the same time, I had no qualms wishing him the best for his future career.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Emery's statement was dignified and I wish him well even if things have not worked out.

There were moments last season when it looked like we might be on the up. We were mostly more competitive against bigger teams, apart from the results highlighted our 2-0 beating of Chelsea was a very good performance. The appalling Europa League final knocked the stuffing out of a team which was already stuttering and he never got it back together.

Has he taken that woman who was on the bench recently? Will we ever find out who she was?

Last edited:

Onroad

giphy.gif

Joestlaachmkr

I feel sorry for Emery, he is gentleman who cannot speak English but he did his best eventhough it didn`t work out for him. But i more mad at the board than what i am at Emery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom