• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If you watch Salah play, taking on his man isn’t one of his strengths, in fact I’d say Pepe is actually better in that regard.
Definitely, he could be a more technically refined Salah which is a terrifying thought. Also has the bonus of being a set peice taker.

I feel for him, his stock has been completely ruined but now that the wider footballing world sees just how bad Emery is, I think he'll get a 'fresh start' under a new manager.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yup. Henry came here with a decent CV.

He joined the Clarefontaine academy at 13. The same year as Anelka and Saha and was educated there for 2/3 years. When he made his debut at Monaco, they were among the best teams in Ligue 1, with Wenger already their first team coach and playing top level European competition. He was one of the most sought after players in the world. He'd won major titles and played 5 seasons at the highest level.

None of that guarantees anything but it certainly meant we weren't taking as big a risk with him as we were with Pepe. Henry had 1 bad season in his career before Arsenal, Pepe had 1 great season. That's the biggest difference. Not a criticism just a fact.

Pepe has only really had 2 full seasons of top flight football in his career. He came up through lower leagues, and never worked with the world class coaches and players that Henry did.

Again, that doesn't mean he can't become a world class footballer. He just has to put in a lot more work to do so, because he's starting from quite a bit further back. I just wish he had a better environment in which to acclimatise.

Our boy showing David Ginola what a truly top class winger looks like.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He still got time, no idea what it is you want to say with this nonsense comments.
It is a joke which follows pretty well the context of the discussion in here today... I laughed. Even though I agree he should have time.

Feel for this lad. Joins a team completely unbalanced and a season where the wheels come off. Pressure will be truly on next season and under a new man... Not sure if he has the character to pull through. Hoping he does..

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Well not the Mo Salah kinda impact we all hoped for but excited to see what there is to come from him. Greatness, i expect.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He is playing 90 minutes for the Ivory Coast each game in recent breaks. Granted very poorly.

Even in my all hating on this player I didn't expect it would get this bad.

What a weird signing. Did we do it to get in the goodwill with some agent or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom