• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

andeoch1

Gary Neville absolutely right. This squad is very average.

Mustafi played the best I've seen him for a while, but he was still ****. His positioning is woeful. Beaten several times.
“ beaten several times???? He was roasted all day ffs

Gooner_girl14

The midfield is a bigger problem than our defence

This. Our defenders get a lot of stick but imo it is our midfield that puts way too much pressure on them. Both their goals came from their own half and this happens time and time again, Guen/Xhaka were nowhere to be seen. We have no ball winners or steel in midfield at all. We could have Cannavaro and Maldini in there and it would barely make a difference.

Iceman10

Established Member
The midfield is a bigger problem than our defence

Personnel and balance in CM has been our biggest problem all season, I agree. I see this often missed in analyses that often only talk about how fluid and potent the attack is and errors in the backline.

We need an upgrade on Xhaka, but it is also the case that the constant tinkering with formations and selections has not helped our players, and also the case in my view that Guendouzi is a raw talent who is in real need of a coach to fine-tune him and to define to him a precise role expected from him.Probably the same for Willock also.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Some say "sort out this midfield" but the reality is, that defense and offensive look even worse.

Auba, Laca, Özil, Pepe.. sound like good players on the paper, but they aren't fitting together. Auba isn't a RW anymore, Laca isn't showing much.

And about the defense, yeah..
It's funny, that every no name CB look better than our defenders.
Luiz had mistakes at Chelsea, but he never looked like this. I still think it has to be the system, profesional CBs can't be that bad.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

At least we can watch ManU struggle against Villa ta home. At least some balm to an injured Arsenal ego. We are not the only club struggling big time.

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
And people want this rookie who does not even have a proper license as a permanent manager just because he was a good player for us. FFS what does his playing days have to do with his managerial ability? We need experienced and proven managers. Not some rookie ex-player.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I can appreciate this point of view and playing it safe (though its useless coz we defend so poorly) but why not freshen things up a bit more? The players fell out of favour with Emery because they didn't like the way he tried to play. Taking out Sokratis for Mustafi is the best he could come up with? I just think that whatever Emery was doing got him sacked so Freddie needs to rebuild the team's identity. top four is a dream now so I think the sooner Freddie plays his way, the better. I'm just worried if this is really his vision.

I think he will try to freshen things up as you said. But he only got a few hours to work with the squad so I do understand why he didn't take the risk to make a lot of changes right now.

The players are already lost and they lack confidence. I don't think a new team set up was a good idea when he had no chance to work it with his squad.

I think next game will be more different, he will have a few days to try/work on some stuff.

Eirico

This PL season is a write off, and from now on it is all about settling a starting eleven that can improve and gel as much as possibly, and be ready for the Europa League campaign. I would like to see this starting eleven :

Leno
Bellerin - Chambers/Holding - Luiz - Tierney
Willock - Torreira - Gouendouzi
Pepe - Auba - Martinelli

Not too bothered with who playing as CBs, none of them are good enough so I would just play the CBs that are best on the ball, then we at least should improve in the build up. That midfield is not top4 quality, but I think it can improve and this combination is the best one to press and win back the ball. Willock wasnt great today, but he is the probably needed because of his athleticism and running abilities.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Should have lost that, and not an encouringing first game by Freddie with so many questionble decisions by him
-Bringing Mustafi back to the first eleven. He is terrible at defending, and even though Sokratis has been horrible lately Mustafi is even worse.
-Picking Kolasinac over Tierney. I dont think Kolasinac had a bad game, but Tierney is better and one for the future.
-A midfield two of Guendouzi and Xhaka is not good enough defensivly, we`ve already seen that under Emery. Torreira should play in my opinion until we can buy someone better, and I would prefer Guendouzi to be his partner in CM.
-Letting Özil play 88 mins and Laca 90 mins was two bad decisions, Özil was poor in the 2nd half and Laca was poor the whole game.
-We need to get Pepe going, and if he wasnt going to start he should have been given at least 30 mins for Laca or Özil. We needed to change something in the 2nd half when Norwich was all over us.

Even though the defending was **** as usual I enjoyed the first half, but the second half was like an Emery-half and really bad. Freddie has only been in charge for two days so cant expect him to change too much, but he made alot of questionable decisions today. Leno saved us from a comfortable loss.
Good post and summary of the game plus Freddie’s decisions.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Personnel and balance in CM has been our biggest problem all season, I agree. I see this often missed in analyses that often only talk about how fluid and potent the attack is and errors in the backline.

We need an upgrade on Xhaka, but it is also the case that the constant tinkering with formations and selections has not helped our players, and also the case in my view that Guendouzi is a raw talent who is in real need of a coach to fine-tune him and to define to him a precise role expected from him.Probably the same for Willock also.
We need a body or two in there the current bunch are too sloppy.

boyinneedofhumor

Torreria instantly steadied the ship when he came on Norwich where putting a lot of pressure, don't understand the complaints about that one.
Haven't been following closely other posts to whom this might be referenced...

For me, its not exactly a complaint. It's more like trying to gain a thought process figuring the position he took up and moved into during the initial minutes he was on...

(Edit: think it was easier on the eye only after awhile...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom