• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The only reason why people think he would come here is because he may have sour grapes over his sacking. Which hasnt been reported or even suggested. He could have been happy to leave in the end as he had taken them as far as he could.

That isn't the only reason.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Let's hope today's result has focused minds that Freddie is not the right man. As part of the previous coaching set up he was part of the problem and todays selections and subs may as well have been Emery.

There was no new management bump. Just more of the same.

100% agree with this, the next manager needs to be able to sort the defence out, solidify the spine and pretty much start a fresh like he's teaching a baby to walk.

No assistant or no.2 is right for this, it needs to be someone with experience in that department, the attack for me can wait, we need to rid this club of whatever it is that keeps exposing and carving us open against the likes of Norwich, Southampton etc..

Jose would have been perfect for this but that ship has sailed, I dont know who else is out there?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So what we should do is keep hiring average managers in their 50s who have management experience but have reached their limit and showing no signs of improving.

Arteta may or not be the answer but I would rather take a chance on him on the hope that he has something special untapped than go for Benitez.

Why? Because if Arteta isn't the answer we go again in 12-18 months like other teams.

However if he is half as special as Guardiola thinks and he goes to a mid table club and does well he may just get a better offer than Arsenal.

Because let's face it. We are not a top club or an inviting prospect for many top managers like we once were.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Both United and Sp**s getting results, need to get this manager in and going.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

My worry is we stick with Freddie till the end of the season and miss out on CL, then we're stuck with appointing someone average again.

Reactions: A_G

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
A well drilled tactically defensive manager for a few years would do the club a world of good.

You cant polish a turd mate. You need decent defenders to be solid at the back. Not ball playing wannabe Nestas who are more interested in fighting with attackers than tackling them.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
So what we should do is keep hiring average managers in their 50s who have management experience but have reached their limit and showing no signs of improving.

Arteta may or not be the answer but I would rather take a chance on him on the hope that he has something special untapped than go for Benitez.

Why? Because if Arteta isn't the answer we go again in 12-18 months like other teams.

However if he is half as special as Guardiola thinks and he goes to a mid table club and does well he may just get a better offer than Arsenal.

Because let's face it. We are not a top club or an inviting prospect for many top managers like we once were.

Surely there is a middle ground between hiring as you say "average managers in their 50s who have management experience but have reached their limit and showing no signs of improving" and hiring someone who has literally never managed before.

Both of those extremes are poor choices, but the goal shouldn't be to make the least bad decision from a poor selection, it should be trying to make the best decision possible, period.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Surely there is a middle ground between hiring as you say "average managers in their 50s who have management experience but have reached their limit and showing no signs of improving" and hiring someone who has literally never managed before.

Both of those extremes are poor choices, but the goal shouldn't be to make the least bad decision from a poor selection, it should be trying to make the best decision possible, period.

Who is in that middle ground area though? Allegri who cant speak English? Marcelino who cant speak English? Benetiz who is uninspiring. Ancelotti who again is uninspiring.

Who really is there out there. Carragher was talking saying theres more big clubs than top managers at the minute and hes probably right. I wouldn't take anyone from lower down the premier league than Rodgers. Who else would do a good job?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Can’t believe how anyone would treat Gilberto bad, but the same happened to guys loke Arteta and Monreal who were some of our best players.

Arsenal fans are the worst tbh they worship bums like Torreira and Koscielny but show no appriciation to real greats like Gilberto.

Really wouldn't describe Gilberto Silva as a "great", surely you have to reserve that word for the very best in your history like Henry/Bergkamp/Cesc etc.

Big G was a good player for us but hardly a great.

Joestlaachmkr

I said once it became clear that Wenger would step away that we should go all in for an experienced manager who has won titles, and my 3 favourites to succeed Wenger was Luis Enrique, Max Allegri or Brendan Rodgers. I was hughely dissapointed when Emery was announced as Arsenal manager, and i was too excited by the news that Ljungberg would succeed Emery either.

Luis Enrique or Max Allegri would both have been excellent managers for our club.

Arson Finger

Who is in that middle ground area though? Allegri who cant speak English? Marcelino who cant speak English? Benetiz who is uninspiring. Ancelotti who again is uninspiring.

Who really is there out there. Carragher was talking saying theres more big clubs than top managers at the minute and hes probably right. I wouldn't take anyone from lower down the premier league than Rodgers. Who else would do a good job?

Pochettino worked miracles, and got that **** club to the CL final a few months ago.
He is proven, experienced, and had way more success with Tottenham than they could have even dreamed of.
He is available right now and would surely love to prove Sp**s wrong. He is the best choice and Arsenal had better be doing all they can to try to bring him in.

Hiring him would be like stealing Sol Campbell from them all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom