• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Lol :) Saka is a winger Reiss isn't as much.

It's true. People really misjudge the sort of talent Reiss is.

He can do a job on the wing, but he is more of a forward. He can even play the 10.

If Emery's bum ass doesn't wanna use Özil, I'd rather he tried Reiss there than Ceballos or Willock.

Reiss is more of a goal threat than Ceballos and better technically than Willock.

Reiss is really good in tight areas, has quick feet and loves to play one twos with the other forwards.

Symbia

Both Saka and Nelson are are extremely talented.
Nelson has better first touch and control on the ball, Saka has better end product but both are struggling with the physicality of epl.

From the looks of things Saka will adapt quicker and will add more height +weight soon.
But the simple fact is that both are always pushed off ball, Saka for example throw himself to the ball and got skinned all day.
From the little I've seen ESR he seems deceptively strong just that injury won't let him have a breakthrough Season.

Bar Martinelli, ESR is our biggest youngster below 20.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He needs a break. Doesn’t give us anything at the moment. Definitely would be better for him. As things are right now, we probably hinder his development.
Definitely. I think it is much easier for youth to come into a team doing alright and keep up their momentum. As it is he's fighting an uphill battle to impress and so are some of our establish seniors.

nick gould

I have no problem with the managers/coaches playing youngsters. But sometimes you have to protect them. This team can't carry youngsters. So you can't bring saka on and expect him to change the game. What has Pepe done to these coaches, did he shag their mistresses? Even leaving Saka on the pitch on Thursday looked like an awful idea by Emery.

Pepes blue pill

Troll? bit rich coming from you

Saks didn't have the impact today but he's still only 20 and will improve

Who said anything about today? Im a fan of saka n like him alot but bale, come on now ffs

Troll? pretty sure you were one of those saying give emery time when it was clear it wasnt working n now you are comparing saka to bale, either a troll or a dumbass, pick whichever, I dont care

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
When you compare Saka and Sancho/Hudson-Odoi even Iwobi at 18... different levels altogether.

Our youngsters right now are so overrated. Aside from Martinelli.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Why doesn‘t Saka play on the right wing?

Not many great left footed left wingers, even the likes of Robben / Bale moved right or centrally.

Reactions: A_G

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Why doesn‘t Saka play on the right wing?

Not many great left footed left wingers, even the likes of Robben / Bale moved right or centrally.
Good question! When playing on the left, he tries to do the same tricks that served him well at u23 level, but PL is more physical than that. Pushing him to the right would force him to think differently about the football and add more threat to his game other than running down the left and hitting the lucky cross.

GoonerJay24

Who said anything about today? Im a fan of saka n like him alot but bale, come on now ffs

Troll? pretty sure you were one of those saying give emery time when it was clear it wasnt working n now you are comparing saka to bale, either a troll or a dumbass, pick whichever, I dont care

Case you haven't noticed, this is the Saka thread, was not replying to you when mentioning his performance today. Not seen Saka play much when I made that Bale comparison but he seemed to have that directness similar to a young Bale

Never backed Emery but praised the board for showing support to managers in this currentc throat climate.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
When you compare Saka and Sancho/Hudson-Odoi even Iwobi at 18... different levels altogether.

Our youngsters right now are so overrated. Aside from Martinelli.
They can only bring talent and good will, everything else is down to proper coaching and getting chances.
For the last couple of years, we've failed to provide them with any structure in their development. When they play well we bench them for no reason, when they don't play well we force them to play out of form, very often in positions that are not suitable for them. All that leads to broken confidence and underperforming with no progress at all.
I can understand some of them didn't improve and they won't make it here. but when all of them fail so miserably than I think it's something more than their lack of talent.

Pepes blue pill

Case you haven't noticed, this is the Saka thread, was not replying to you when mentioning his performance today. Not seen Saka play much when I made that Bale comparison but he seemed to have that directness similar to a young Bale

Never backed Emery but praised the board for showing support to managers in this currentc throat climate.

Well done, i thought we were in the danny welbeck thread

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't get why Saka is getting so many minutes. He had two good games for us and since then he has steadily become poor. There really is no rush, let the guy develop physically and go get results with other players.

I know Pepe hasnt got into anywhere near his top gear yet but how many times has he unleashed some dangerous shots from outside the area that have whistled past the post? And there is obviously his dangerous set pieces. I don't agree with leaving a big money signing on the bench for a mediocre (at the moment) 19 year old to play.

If you're going to play a young player over Pepe then it has to be Martinelli anyway.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't get why Saka is getting so many minutes. He had two good games for us and since then he has steadily become poor. There really is no rush, let the guy develop physically and go get results with other players.

I know Pepe hasnt got into anywhere near his top gear yet but how many times has he unleashed some dangerous shots from outside the area that have whistled past the post? And there is obviously his dangerous set pieces. I don't agree with leaving a big money signing on the bench for a mediocre (at the moment) 19 year old to play.

If you're going to play a young player over Pepe then it has to be Martinelli anyway.
Thoroughly agree with this. Very strange and risky decision making from Freddy. Won't blast him because of it but would have thought a more conservative approach from him would be the way in the first fixture AWAY at least..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom