• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Keep seeing wait til summer and i don't know why. You want to write off this season with 2 thirds of it left?

If a name that inspire me with confidence turns up I would accept it in no time. But otherwise you're writing the season off anyway.

You seriously believe that Espirito Santo, Rodgers, Ancelloti, Arteta, or Poch come here tomorrow and turn this ship around?

We may just end up with another underwhelming appointment that we need to kick out 2/3 into the next season while we become even less attractive option to players and coaches...

Of course, if Freddie starts Guendo - Xhaka pivot again on Thursday I may change my mind. :D

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
If a name that inspire me with confidence turns up I would accept it in no time. But otherwise you're writing the season off anyway.

You seriously believe that Espirito Santo, Rodgers, Ancelloti, Arteta, or Poch come here tomorrow and turn this ship around?

We may just end up with another underwhelming appointment that we need to kick out 2/3 into the next season while we become even less attractive option to players and coaches...

Of course, if Freddie starts Guendo - Xhaka pivot again on Thursday I may change my mind. :D
It's not just league though. That may well be a blow out but we still have Europa to play for and the FA Cup as well. Still a lot to play for

Vanpayslip

It ended with them playing the EL final in Klopp's first season. I'd say that's a pretty decent rebuttal considering they didn't reach that stage when Suarez was there.

Reaching the EL final is an achievement in the context of AFC? We just had a manager that got sacked and he actually won it 3 times with a much smaller club than LFC before he even joined AFC.

Not a decent rebuttal but more of reach. Now you have reached the point where you seem to think Rodgers laid down some kind of foundation for LFCs recent success whereas the reality is that Klopp had to come in and undertake the painstaking task of undoing everything that Rodgers actually did before him.

We’re in the EL right now. Nobody cares. It is boring and an inconvenience. There is no measure of success of being in it or reaching it’s final. Emery reached its final in his first season at the Emirates. Where is his pat on the back? Is it his P45?

Last edited:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
It's not just league though. That may well be a blow out but we still have Europa to play for and the FA Cup as well. Still a lot to play for

Understandable, luckily these are both 2nd half of the season competitions and we'll see were we are in a few games. It's up to board to make a decision on a coach and I can only agree or disagree with their choice. I'll support the next coach either way.

Any coach that comes into that post-WHU schedule will be instantly handicapped. I still don't understand the sack after the international break. Can't get my head around it.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
why would anyone leave a successful club, especially one heading for CL qualification, now or in the summer? and we may well be a lot lower in the PL at the end of the season than we are now

we have to forget the big boys at big clubs, and look at the potential big boys who would relish to challenge to turn us back into a big club again

it seems to me the Peps and Klopps and Zidanes of the footballing world want safe bets only - we need someone with the guts to take on a project

say yes

forum master baiter
5live apparently.
I’m not persuaded by that after some cursory checking. Definitely didn’t rule himself out on SkySports, and the quotes in the link that @American_Gooner are inconclusive.

What was the question he responded “Yeah, very much so” to? Bizarre that it’s not in the article.

Him ruling himself out hasn’t been reported by anyone reliable.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I’m not persuaded by that after some cursory checking. Definitely didn’t rule himself out on SkySports, and the quotes in the link that @American_Gooner are inconclusive.

What was the question he responded “Yeah, very much so” to? Bizarre that it’s not in the article.

Him ruling himself out hasn’t been reported by anyone reliable.
Strikes me as a pathological liar too anyway.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Mourinho didn't develop Lampard, Terry or Drogba, nor did he build that core. Lampard was 27 when Mourinho took over in 2005. I won't even talk about Cole, because you should know full well where he learned his trade. He knew Carvalho from his time at Porto, Lampard, Terry, and Drogba were already there

He's the one who built this core that was very successful. He's the one who brought most of these players and made them even better. All these players say that Mourinho was very important for their career and their developpement.

Just because they weren't 18 when he got them doesn't mean he shouldn't deserve any credit.

The part in bold is also just laughable. Mourinho turned a club that won 9 Champions League titles and 30+ league titles before he arrived, into a winning machine?

Real Madrid had won two league titles in the five years prior to Mourinho's arrival as well.

They won 2 league in the weakest liga era in decades.

And yes, of course he's changed Madrid's culture when he got there.
They've been a laughing stock in the CL over the past decade. They were always knocked out very early.
- 2008/2009 They lost 5-0 on agg against Liverpool in the 8th finals
- 2007/2008 they lost again AS Romain the 8th finals
- 2006/2007 lost to bayern 4-4 in the 8th finals
- 2005/2006 lost to Arsenal in the 8th finals
- 2004/2005 lost to Juventus in the 8th finals
- 2003/2004 lost to Monaco in the quarter finals
and I'm too lazy to keep going

1st mourinho season at Real: 2010/2011 they lost 2-1 on agg against Barcelona, one of the best team in the history of this game.

2nd season: 2011/2012 lost in the semi finals on penalties against Bayern.

3rd season: 2012/2013 lost to Dortmund 4-3 on aggregate in the semi finals.

"bUt MoUrInHo HaSn'T ChAnGeD ThEiR CulTure" :rofl:

They had a lot of stars but they couldn't do anything in the CL because they had a bad culture. Most of them were lazy, and thought they were too good to make a genuine defensive contribution
Mourinho came, and turned things around, and made them very competitive again.

And yes, he's built the fundations of the most dominant team in Europe.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Which player would it take for the best team in this league to fall apart? The only two teams that have won either the champions league or the premier league in the last 3 seasons do not rely on a single player. Or we can take it even further back - which player would it have take to have lost for Arsène to not have been an invincible? Or we could look across to our main rivals from that era - did Roy Keane going mean they didn’t win trophies? Or did they not win them after Beecham left? Or may be when Cantona retired?

The point of my post was to highlight how we need to rebuild the team going forward and how we need a manager that is capable of that. I suspect I am wasting my energy. You are probably one of those fans that see nothing beyond the end of your nose. There will only be that option that has happened to have been flavour of the month in the premier league for you.

ps: I never said LFC were playing good football when Klopp arrived. It seems to have gone over your head but the point was that they were playing the SAME football when he arrived. It’s just that once upon a time Jay Rodriguez would have been one of the front three. Now it is Salah, Firminho and Mane. See the point? I suspect not.
[/QUOTE]

It's just not true that his Liverpool team relied only on Suarez.
You're just wrong mate.

What about Sturridge that was on fire and kept getting injured after that fantastic season?
What about Gerrard who had a great year but kept regressing when he got older and then retired? He was one of their best players ever lmao.
What did you expect? A youngster like Sterling to carry Liverpool? :lol:

Any team that loses 3 of their best players, 2 of them were generational talents that you can't replace, in such a short span of time would struggle a lot in the short term.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

You're just wrong mate.

What about Sturridge that was on fire and kept getting injured after that fantastic season?
What about Gerrard who had a great year but kept regressing when he got older and then retired? He was one of their best players ever lmao.

Any team that loses 3 of their best players, 2 of them were generational talents that you can't replace, in such a short span of time would struggle a lot in the short term.[/QUOTE]
any chance you could toss in the odd post about Arsenal

say yes

forum master baiter
You're just wrong mate.

Any team that loses 3 of their best players, 2 of them were generational talents that you can't replace, in such a short span of time would struggle a lot in the short term.
Yep spot on.

The surprising thing with that Rodgers Liverpool team isn’t that they dropped off the following year, it’s that he got them to compete in the first place.

They went toe to toe with City (and tbh should have won the league) with a defence of Mignolet, Cissokho, John Flanagan, Srktel and a 34 year old Kolo Toure. With a legless Gerrard protecting them.

One day people are going to realise what an amazing achievement that so nearly was.

Joestlaachmkr

Kind of funny that the two teams (Arsenal & Man Utd) who dominated PL for almost a decade are now the laughing stocks of the PL.

Vanpayslip

why are you laughing?
this is just a fact mate. They were a laughing stock in the CL and turned them into a team that got to the semi finals every single year and were very unlucky not to win it.

I’m laughing at the re-writing of history. Laughing stock? That is a bit far fetched just as the notion that there fortunes changed only on the basis that they employed Mourinho.
It really is funny that there are people out there that think that Real Madrid would have been CL minnows if Mourinho hadn’t have come along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom