• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJay24

Would develop better if he had more mature experienced midfield partners

Not his best game today but clear to see he has a high ceiling

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Was tired today and very much behind play often. Was a criticism I had of him in the days when Wenger gave him his debut. Think it was a bit too much football. I'd say let him sit out the next game to recharge.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Joe Willock played like Joe **** today but no worries. Seemed a bit tired, should have started with Lucky Luke Torreira.

darkgunner

I want our youngsters to succeed as obviously do other fans here which is why we keep seeing excuses for them. But the truth is, I don't see a top talent here. Maybe a decent squaddie in the future but the biggest faults in his game are related to anticipating the game play and reading spaces. These things don't usually improve drastically at this point. The only hope for him becoming a starter for Arsenal is to start molding his game to a more physical direction, sort of a battling defensive mid with a bit of offensive upside but I really don't see him developing the terrier like attitude.

He also has a lot of moments where he shows good anticipation and reading of the game in both attack and defence. His weakness is him not being able to do it consistently but he has shown sufficient ability in most areas of the game to become an excellent player.

You say you believe things won't improve drastically for him, but remember how Ramsey developed. At the age that Willock is now, Ramsey was terrible. Used to run around headless, flunk a ton of chances and give away the ball stupidly in the vast majority of the games he played.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He also has a lot of moments where he shows good anticipation and reading of the game in both attack and defence. His weakness is him not being able to do it consistently but he has shown sufficient ability in most areas of the game to become an excellent player.

You say you believe things won't improve drastically for him, but remember how Ramsey developed. At the age that Willock is now, Ramsey was terrible. Used to run around headless, flunk a ton of chances and give away the ball stupidly in the vast majority of the games he played.
Ramsey was great before the injury?!?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
That just isn't true. Ramsey at 18/19 was turning into a superstar and then Shawcross did him. Willock is about 15 levels away from that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You say you believe things won't improve drastically for him, but remember how Ramsey developed. At the age that Willock is now, Ramsey was terrible. .
Suggest you go rewatch those games.. Ramsey looked to be the most talented player at the club at 19 and in those days we had decent options.

darkgunner

That just isn't true. Ramsey at 18/19 was turning into a superstar and then Shawcross did him. Willock is about 15 levels away from that.

Yeah at 18/19 years old he was, but after his injury, from the ages of 20-23 he had a terrible few seasons. Looked nowhere close to getting back on track and a large proportion of this forum wanted him sold/loaned out in the summer of 2013 before he had that amazing season.

What I'm saying is you can't write off players like Willock so easily. At his age and level of experience, a few bad games and some inconsistency doesn't automatically mean he can be labelled as not having X quality.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah at 18/19 years old he was, but after his injury, from the ages of 20-23 he had a terrible few seasons. Looked nowhere close to getting back on track and a large proportion of this forum wanted him sold/loaned out in the summer of 2013 before he had that amazing season.
Given the injury he suffered isn't it a COMPLETELY (As in fvcking worlds apart) situation from Willock now....

Agree that we should not write him off but your comparative analogy could have been better picked. It is nothing like Ramsey.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

o_O:lol::lol::lol:

Chatting **** here, bud.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Here we go again.

tumblr_mkzygvrmR81snfbr7o1_500.gif

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Please just stop playing him as cam ... play him as CM alongside Torreira

This kind of should go without saying. He's not even playing in central midfield right now. He needs to sit behind the ball and distribute. That's where both he and the team are most in need.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
This kind of should go without saying. He's not even playing in central midfield right now. He needs to sit behind the ball and distribute. That's where both he and the team are most in need.
Sometimes I don’t get why managers get so obsessed with theoretical ideas that in reality aren’t working at all. Pogba playing as 10 is the same, the guy seems lost there. That idea of CM playing CAM is not suited for everyone... even Ramsey looked lost usually.

He is the only b2b player we have in current team. Douzy could but the guy is not capable of giving a pass or using his brain and he has zero vision.

I’m tired of watching 2 pivot at midfield.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sometimes I don’t get why managers get so obsessed with theoretical ideas that in reality aren’t working at all. Pogba playing as 10 is the same, the guy seems lost there. That idea of CM playing CAM is not suited for everyone... even Ramsey looked lost usually.

He is the only b2b player we have in current team. Douzy could but the guy is not capable of giving a pass or using his brain and he has zero vision.

I’m tired of watching 2 pivot at midfield.

Agree wholeheartedly. Especially with this part. If you're going to have one midfielder vacate the middle of the pitch and both full backs stationed in the final 3rd, your centre backs WILL be exposed.

Even if the other 2 CMs were the most mobile and tenacious in the world it's still a needlessly excessive amount of work. Boggles my mind how all these great coaches don't seem to address this one particular nagging flaw in our set up.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Agree wholeheartedly. Especially with this part. If you're going to have one midfielder vacate the middle of the pitch and both full backs stationed in the final 3rd, your centre backs WILL be exposed.

Even if the other 2 CMs were the most mobile and tenacious in the world it's still a needlessly excessive amount of work. Boggles my mind how all these great coaches don't seem to address this one particular nagging flaw in our set up.
It is common sense even in Sunday league. One right back goes further leftback or DM/CM sits. The point is you at least have 3 at back defending.

At central midfield one is going to be more offensive, the other more defensive but they organize so when goes up the other protect the midfield.

Football basics, and that’s what we are lacking a lot in this team, the basics, I can sit and count and count so many misses because our team isn’t playing the basics.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He's a kid, this is to be expected, will have his ups and downs, let him play in the cups. People screaming for him to start were clueless as per.

The most depressing thought tho is that none of Hale End youngsters look even close to the level of Iwobi atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom